RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,702
Members: 24,833
Currently online: 427
Newest member: PlainSimplGarak

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 43 57.33%
Above Average 15 20.00%
Average 13 17.33%
Below Average 3 4.00%
Poor 1 1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 22 2009, 06:54 AM   #106
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: Lost 5x06: "316"

Above average. The "doubting Thomas" scene was the highlight. Jack has gone from being a character I found semi-annoying in S1 to one of my favorites.

So, I wonder if the Island (and the other, err, "places") somehow stay "in place" while everything moves around them? The Earth spins and orbits the Sun, the Solar System spins around the Milky Way, the universe expands...but the Island is immobile and eternal.

I would like that.
Old February 22 2009, 10:21 AM   #107
Aragorn
Admiral

Anyone find it funny that John Terry's character (Christian Shephard) was dead before the pilot episode yet they've done more with his character -- pre and post death -- than Boone, Shannon, Libby, Charlotte and others combined?
Old February 22 2009, 10:53 AM   #108
Zulu Romeo
is doing this now

Gertch wrote: View Post
So I'm watching for a third time and Jacks Grandpa says "Next time I run away no one will find me." And he has just the items that Jack needs. Could gramps know about the Island also?
Personally I don't know. It's very plausible. Ties in with the whole John (Locke ) 3:16 vibe of the episode (those who believe in him will not die in a plane crash but instead will have everlasting life on The Island ), and indeed in reference to "his only son" Christian (whom some have thought could represent The Messiah, what with the whole resurrection thing and stuffs) and to Jack's belief issues in this episode too.

I continue to be Zion Ravescene...
Old February 22 2009, 02:05 PM   #109
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

Mallet wrote: View Post
We've already seen that now with Locke. He wasn't destined to be the leader of the Others or fated to be. He went back in time and told Richard who he was and when he was born, etc... so he created his own "destiny" to be the leader of the Others, which means it wasn't destiny at all.
I have to say that really bugs me because of the predestined paradox that situation creates. The time traveling element right now is creating a lot of situations for such paradoxes and that has me worried. I'm willing to trust the writers to the end, but it is the one thing going on the show right now that concerns me.

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Anyone find it funny that John Terry's character (Christian Shephard) was dead before the pilot episode yet they've done more with his character -- pre and post death -- than Boone, Shannon, Libby, Charlotte and others combined?
Yeah, I've noticed that for awhile now. I love it.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old February 22 2009, 02:15 PM   #110
Gertch
Admiral

Emh wrote: View Post
Mallet wrote: View Post
We've already seen that now with Locke. He wasn't destined to be the leader of the Others or fated to be. He went back in time and told Richard who he was and when he was born, etc... so he created his own "destiny" to be the leader of the Others, which means it wasn't destiny at all.
I have to say that really bugs me because of the predestined paradox that situation creates. The time traveling element right now is creating a lot of situations for such paradoxes and that has me worried. I'm willing to trust the writers to the end, but it is the one thing going on the show right now that concerns me.
They've always failed to disappoint on that count.

One little cycle that a someone at work theorized was that Desmond brings his son Charlie back to the Island and to the past. Somehow the son leaves with a Dharma couple and their other son and the man starts a butcher shop in England.

It's a crazy one but kinda neat.
Old February 23 2009, 04:45 AM   #111
Plain Simple
Commodore

I wasn't so thrilled with this episode. It all felt a bit like a dream: a lot happened, but the way the characters reacted to it (or not reacted at all) felt off.

It's Tolkien, not Tolkein.
Old February 23 2009, 06:41 PM   #112
Crewman47
Commodore

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Above average. The "doubting Thomas" scene was the highlight. Jack has gone from being a character I found semi-annoying in S1 to one of my favorites.

So, I wonder if the Island (and the other, err, "places") somehow stay "in place" while everything moves around them? The Earth spins and orbits the Sun, the Solar System spins around the Milky Way, the universe expands...but the Island is immobile and eternal.

I would like that.

No expert in physics but wouldn't that mean that the Island would end up in space if it stayed in it's own spot while everything else moved, either that or I'm not fully undserstanding what you mean?

My question, was there any significance with the number of seats Hurley had bought to prevent other passengers from getting them. At first I thought 78 was somehow related to the original victims of 815 but that was over 300, but didn't the 815 survivors total in the 70's region, mid section and tail combined?
Old February 23 2009, 07:01 PM   #113
Gertch
Admiral

48 I believe.
Old February 23 2009, 07:12 PM   #114
biotech
Vice Admiral

He probably just bought all the empty seats that were left on the plane, he couldn't do anything about those already paid for.
Old February 23 2009, 07:13 PM   #115
Zulu Romeo
is doing this now

Someone obviously tried to enter "77".

I continue to be Zion Ravescene...
Old February 23 2009, 09:08 PM   #116
exodus
Fleet Admiral

TK421 wrote: View Post
Yeah, if you didn't like this one it's just not for you. Hope you find a replacement show soon.
Me too!

I've lost that loving feeling. Now it's gone, gone, gone.

Woh-oo-woh-woo-woh.

Does it the song end with: "bring it on back."
Old February 23 2009, 09:08 PM   #117
Crewman47
Commodore

48 I believe.
Wasn't 48 just the midsection survivors. Weren't the tail section survivors around 20 or so?
Old February 23 2009, 09:40 PM   #118
biotech
Vice Admiral

It was another one of the lottery numbers.
Old February 26 2009, 04:31 AM   #119
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

No expert in physics but wouldn't that mean that the Island would end up in space if it stayed in it's own spot while everything else moved, either that or I'm not fully undserstanding what you mean?
Yeah I thought about that later, darn it. Mostly it would just be hangin' out in outer space.

But there must be "rules" to the Island's movement, other than the whim of the turtle it is riding on the back of.
Old February 26 2009, 04:39 PM   #120
exodus
Fleet Admiral

biotech wrote: View Post
It was another one of the lottery numbers.
Are the numbers linked to probability?

Is that what's make Hurley special?