Fan Film Axanar Kickstarter Success
By: T'Bonz on Aug 27

Two New Starship Collection Ships
By: T'Bonz on Aug 26

Trek Actor Wins Emmy

Trek Retro Watches

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Cavil in Giant Flying Cyborg Death Armor?
Awesome! 14 87.50%
Bogus! 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 22 2009, 06:15 AM   #1
hyzmarca
Fleet Captain

John needs giant flying cyborg death armor

Cavil is right about one thing. The humanoid Cylons were poorly constructed. And, in fact, the decision to create new wholly human models instead of upgrading the Centurions with removable flesh was probably a very stupid one in the long term. The divide between machine and man is one that will only be bridged the two are indistinguishable from each other due to rampant cybernetic grafting, with humans who have metal parts and robots who have flesh.

Of course, Cavil hasn't done a damn thing about it that we have seen. But what if he has? What if, all of this time, he has been secretly working on ways to graft metal to flesh and flesh to metal. What if he achieves his dream of overcomming his fleshy limitations by grafting giant flying missile-laden death-armor to his central nervous system?

The answer to that question is simple. It would be awesome.

We need Dean Stockwell in giant cyborg death armor, and it must fly, so that he can shoot nuclear missiles at stuff and get into a dogfight with Starbuck. Seriously, what better way is there for #1 to go out than being shot down by Starbuck in a dogfight while piloting flying death armor?
There is none.

I know that the final episode has already been written. But, really, we need to see Dean Stockwell in giant flying cyborg death armor.

Who agrees?

Last edited by hyzmarca; February 22 2009 at 07:15 PM.
Old February 22 2009, 06:19 AM   #2
T'Pers0n
Fleet Captain

Re: John needs giant flying cyborg death armor

I agree completely. Wonder if he ever thought about modifying one of his copies to plug into the basestar like the hybrids. They seem to experience everything on a whole other level.
Old February 22 2009, 06:58 AM   #3
Ben Sisko3
Commodore

View Ben Sisko3's Twitter Profile

Holy shit, yes.

As long as Tony Stark or Jim Rhodes get involved in the battle, I'm game. Hell, I'd settle for Norman Osborn.
Old February 22 2009, 07:11 AM   #4
MrPointy
Commander

hyzmarca is on to something. This CG image was leaked out pretty recently. Basically, Cavil pilots one of these in the series finale.

Old February 22 2009, 07:25 AM   #5
Marcus Porcius Cato
Commander

MrPointy wrote: View Post
hyzmarca is on to something. This CG image was leaked out pretty recently. Basically, Cavil pilots one of these in the series finale.

If that thing is Sentient, why would it take Amuro's bitching?

Mencius, Chinese Philosopher (c. 372-289 BCE)
Old February 22 2009, 07:34 AM   #6
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

I don't think this show was ever interested in really exploring what artificial intelligence might be like, and how it might be similar to or different from humanity. It's just a bunch of humans vs. another bunch of humans who have a weird delusion about being machines, which somehow compels them to do lunatic things and then angst about it and talk about their feewings incessantly, which when you think about it, isn't the first thing you expect from machines...

Sometimes I'm really glad this show is almost over.
Old February 22 2009, 08:06 AM   #7
Lyon_Wonder
Commander

Cavil would be satisfied with a Terminator body.

Though it could give us what a reimagined IL-series Cylon looks like, should Cavil improvise or come across an ancient reserection hub and download himself into a machine body.
Old February 22 2009, 09:10 AM   #8
Myasishchev
Rear Admiral

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
I don't think this show was ever interested in really exploring what artificial intelligence might be like, and how it might be similar to or different from humanity. It's just a bunch of humans vs. another bunch of humans who have a weird delusion about being machines, which somehow compels them to do lunatic things and then angst about it and talk about their feewings incessantly, which when you think about it, isn't the first thing you expect from machines...
Precisely put. BSG missed the boat big time on that count.
Old February 22 2009, 09:44 AM   #9
chrisspringob
Commodore

In the series finale, the Final Five will merge to form "Earthastator" (loosely modeled on "Devastator" from Transformers), and will do battle with Cavil-fitted-with-robotic-exoskeleton. Winner becomes supreme ruler of all Cylons and humans.

That's why there's been little in the way of FX in the last two episodes. They're saving their budget for the finale, since this battle will be roughly two hours long......two and a half hours on the extended DVD version.
Old February 22 2009, 10:24 AM   #10
Aragorn
Admiral

Cavil just needs RoboCop's suit and hope no one shoots him in the mouth.
Old February 22 2009, 07:06 PM   #11
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

hyzmarca wrote: View Post
Cavil is right about one thing. The humanoid Cylons were poorly constructed. And, in fact, the decision to create new wholly human models instead of upgrading the Centurions with removable flesh was probably a very stupid one in the long term. The divide between machine and man is one that will only be bridged the two are indistinguishable from each other due to rampant cybernetic grafting, with humans who have metal parts and robots who have flesh.

Of course, Cavil hasn't done a damn thing about it that we have seen. But what if he has? What if, all of this time, he has been secretly working on ways to graft metal to flesh and flesh to metal. What if he achieves his dream of overcomming his fleshy limitations can grafting giant flying missile-laden death-armor to his central nervous system?

The answer to that question is simple. It would be awesome.

We need Dean Stockwell in giant cyborg death armor, and it must fly, so that he can shoot nuclear missiles at stuff and get into a dogfight with Starbuck. Seriously, what better way is there for #1 to go out than being shot down by Starbuck in a dogfight while piloting flying death armor?
There is none.

I know that the final episode has already been written. But, really, we need to see Dean Stockwell in giant flying cyborg death armor.

Who agrees?
Your post can be described in two words:

EPIC WIN!
Old February 22 2009, 11:19 PM   #12
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Giant flying cyborg death armor... I love it!
"You are one of the most unpleasant individuals I have encountered on this forum. I have no respect for you, and I doubt I ever will, since you keep insisting on being a complete and utter ass." - Timewalker
Old February 23 2009, 07:32 PM   #13
Mike Farley
Commodore

Cavil just needs a bitchin' Centurion Head Helmet like the original Baltar wore in TOS: