Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant

Saldana: Balancing Work And Motherhood

Cumberbatch In Wax
By: T'Bonz on Oct 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 43 57.33%
Above Average 15 20.00%
Average 13 17.33%
Below Average 3 4.00%
Poor 1 1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 20 2009, 03:36 PM   #91
ITHell
Vice Admiral

Re: Lost 5x06: "316"

SHUT IT, YOU SLAAAAAG!
Old February 20 2009, 05:07 PM   #92
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Hyperspace05 wrote: View Post
I'm just bummed out that we no appear to be going back to the (IMO) worn out flashback format. I really did like the structure of S4 so far, but I assume we'll now spend the rest of the season filling in time with flashbacks that covered the last 36 hrs, plus other O6 happenings in the wide world.

Next episode already has much flashback material.
That's what has me the most bummed out. At first, I was thrilled they were back on the island already. The mainland stuff was starting to feel stretched out so ending it quickly was a good idea. However, you then realize that in getting back to the island they created all of these other mainland mysteries which they'll obviously delve into via flashbacks. :Groan:

Well, we can home they won't take up too much air time.

As to the question about whether things are moving too fast or too slow. I think right at the moment they have the appearance of moving faster than they really are. The answer to this question will depend on the amount of flashback time they devote to the remaining mainland mysteries.

If they don't devote any more (very unlikely), I'd say things are moving at the correct pace. If they do devote flashback time, then it's getting too drawn out.

Mr Awe
Old February 20 2009, 06:27 PM   #93
exodus
Fleet Admiral

ObiWanShinobi wrote: View Post
exodus wrote: View Post
Emh wrote: View Post
Good call (and Mr Light who also noted it). I didn't even think about why Hurley had a guitar, but that makes a lot of sense.
Siyed mirrors Kate the first time(being brought onboard in hand cuffs by a US Marshal) & I think Kate is mirroring Claire.(worried about the right choice for her baby)

Who is Sun mirroring?

I think Ben went after Penny because that was his "promise" to an old friend. Killing Penny also gives Desmond a reason to come to the island.
Gertch, the length of the boat ride might not matter if the Island moves.

marc0702, Sun left her baby with their grandparents. Seeing how she was set out to kill Ben, she already knew she wasn't returning to him. She bought out her fathers company and probably set up a trust fund for him. So her child is safe and set for life. Arron is with him I think because the clue was telling the Grandmother that the baby has a new playmate.
I believe Sun is mirroring Rose and how at that time she was concerned with her husband, in this case its Jin as opposed to Bernard. Ben gave Jack some privacy, and probably left to go to the bathroom, just how Charlie was in the Bathroom in the pilot episode.
Interesting, however Rose wasn't worried about Bernard until after the crash, when they got seperated. Before that her concern was her cancer.

Mr. Awe & Hyperspace005, they're still doing flashbacks. However, not about the cast, this time they about the Island itself. The flashbacks are now telling you the story of the Island, as if it's a character now too.
Old February 20 2009, 06:54 PM   #94
Gertch
Admiral

ObiWanShinobi wrote: View Post
Emh wrote: View Post
Good call (and Mr Light who also noted it). I didn't even think about why Hurley had a guitar, but that makes a lot of sense.
Siyed mirrors Kate the first time(being brought onboard in hand cuffs by a US Marshal) & I think Kate is mirroring Claire.(worried about the right choice for her baby)

Who is Sun mirroring?

I think Ben went after Penny because that was his "promise" to an old friend. Killing Penny also gives Desmond a reason to come to the island.
Gertch, the length of the boat ride might not matter if the Island moves.

marc0702, Sun left her baby with their grandparents. Seeing how she was set out to kill Ben, she already knew she wasn't returning to him. She bought out her fathers company and probably set up a trust fund for him. So her child is safe and set for life. Arron is with him I think because the clue was telling the Grandmother that the baby has a new playmate.
I believe Sun is mirroring Rose and how at that time she was concerned with her husband, in this case its Jin as opposed to Bernard. Ben gave Jack some privacy, and probably left to go to the bathroom, just how Charlie was in the Bathroom in the pilot episode.
I read someplace that Kate was mirroring Claire because
Although I don't think I've seen any evidence of that.
Old February 20 2009, 06:56 PM   #95
Hyperspace05
Commodore

Mr. Awe & Hyperspace005, they're still doing flashbacks. However, not about the cast, this time they about the Island itself. The flashbacks are now telling you the story of the Island, as if it's a character now too.
Are you referring to what has been done so far in S4? If so I wouldn't call that flashbacks... From the characters perspective on the island it has been a linear story flow, even if they have been jumping from time period to time period.

Last edited by Hyperspace05; February 20 2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old February 20 2009, 09:36 PM   #96
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Hyperspace05 wrote: View Post
Are you referring to what has been done so far in S4? If so I wouldn't call that flashbacks... From the characters perspective on the island it has been a linear story flow, even if they have been jumping from time period to time period.
I don't agree. A Dharma bunker being there and then (flash) it's not built yet, isn't linear.
Old February 21 2009, 08:03 PM   #97
Shatmandu
Vice Admiral

I made the mistake of watching this episode at 2 am, while my teething son toddled around the living room yelling at things.

In that context, it's hard to enjoy anything.

Joe, will try again
Old February 21 2009, 08:27 PM   #98
ZUUL-iet
Gate Keeper

Send a message via Yahoo to ZUUL-iet

It's well worth it. Wait for the right moment.

There is no Zion Ravescene, only Zulu Romeo...
Old February 21 2009, 10:16 PM   #99
TK421
Commodore

Eh, this show gets worse.

I'm really struggling to keep watching.

I'm reaching the point where I couldn't care less how it ends.
Old February 21 2009, 10:28 PM   #100
Gertch
Admiral

Yeah, if you didn't like this one it's just not for you. Hope you find a replacement show soon.
Old February 22 2009, 12:54 AM   #101
TK421
Commodore

Gertch wrote: View Post
Yeah, if you didn't like this one it's just not for you. Hope you find a replacement show soon.
Me too!

I've lost that loving feeling. Now it's gone, gone, gone.

Woh-oo-woh-woo-woh.
Old February 22 2009, 02:24 AM   #102
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

Watched this again. Great episode, and a real iconic feeling to their second flight.

However, I do need a semi-rational explanation as to why Frank ended up on that same plane. I assume we're going to get explanations of Sayid, Hurley, and Kate. For the latter 3, I assume Widmore somehow set it up, blackmailed them or something.
Old February 22 2009, 02:27 AM   #103
Gertch
Admiral

I'm about to watch it again but doesn't Frank say he flies that route a couple times a week?

I don't think he's included in the ones that need to go back to the Island. Although the previews look like the plane didn't continue on.

So I'm watching for a third time and Jacks Grandpa says "Next time I run away no one will find me." And he has just the items that Jack needs. Could gramps know about the Island also?

Last edited by Gertch; February 22 2009 at 03:19 AM.
Old February 22 2009, 05:13 AM   #104
Mallet
Fleet Captain

Stone_Cold_Sisko wrote: View Post
However, I do need a semi-rational explanation as to why Frank ended up on that same plane.
Fate? Faith? Destiny? All of those seem to be a big part of the Lost mythology so it could be we might never be given a rational (semi or otherwise) explanation.
On the other hand if they do keep giving us rational and semi-rational explanations to all the random and strange events and coincidences then they might be trying to show that there is no such thing as fate or destiny.

We've already seen that now with Locke. He wasn't destined to be the leader of the Others or fated to be. He went back in time and told Richard who he was and when he was born, etc... so he created his own "destiny" to be the leader of the Others, which means it wasn't destiny at all.
Old February 22 2009, 06:25 AM   #105
McCoy
Commodore

Gertch wrote: View Post
I'm about to watch it again but doesn't Frank say he flies that route a couple times a week?

I don't think he's included in the ones that need to go back to the Island
Or maybe he was always supposed to be there. He was supposed to be flying 815. At the last second he switched with another pilot. Maybe the island's been trying to get him to come back ever since.