RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,677
Members: 24,203
Currently online: 791
Newest member: ResinBabes

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old February 21 2009, 03:23 AM   #1
chrisspringob
Commodore

promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

Discussion of the promos for next week's ep ("Someone to Watch Over Me") here, so as not to litter the "Deadlock" threads with spoilers for next week's ep.

Once the American and Canadian promos for this episode are available on Youtube, post the links in this thread.
Old February 21 2009, 05:00 AM   #2
nx1701g
Admiral

Re: promos for 4x17 "Someone to Watch Over Me" (promo SPOILERS)

Um what blew up?

Not Dead Yet.
Old February 21 2009, 05:17 AM   #3
Agent Richard07
Admiral

^ Looked like something Starbuck did. I dunno.
Old February 21 2009, 05:18 AM   #4
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

I sure hope this one explains Starbuck's return once and for all. If we get a decent explanation for that, as well as a credible arc for Starbuck, I'll be happy.
My blog
Old February 21 2009, 05:25 AM   #5
DWF
Vice Admiral

It looked like a flashback to Water to me.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
Old February 21 2009, 05:30 AM   #6
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Yeah, I'm thinking there are some flashbacks to Boomer's past. IMO, she's going to be tried and put to death. Pity...I was kinda hoping she'd be Cavil's evil agent to get the Final Five.

Was that a preview for next week or was it a teaser for the next four weeks?
Old February 21 2009, 06:24 AM   #7
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

All I have to say to that preview is it's about damn time we got a Starbuck/Katee heavy episode. It can't do much worse than tonight.
Old February 21 2009, 06:55 AM   #8
DontFeedPhil
Fleet Captain

Did anyone else catch the line this week from Starbucks where she says that watching Ellen and Tigh(t) make out was like watching her parents make out?
I think its gonna end up she is #7 Daniel and Ellen and Tigh(t)'s daughter...
Old February 21 2009, 09:16 AM   #9
chrisspringob
Commodore

Here's the video of the American promo for the ep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2qS...e=channel_page
Old February 21 2009, 09:28 AM   #10
billcosby
Commodore

A third week straight of exposition. Yikes.
I hope the finale is somewhere near the awesome that Feelixs' mutiny two parter was.

Old February 21 2009, 01:55 PM   #11
chrisspringob
Commodore

Here's the obvious direction they could be going with Boomer (which I think would be rather neat):

Remember way back in "Downloaded", when Caprica Six mentioned to Boomer that she personally got the Colonial defense codes from Baltar? Well, what if the Cylons decide they want to try Boomer for betraying them, and then Boomer retorts with someone along the lines of "Hey, you want to punish me for going along with Cavil's attack on you? Why can't you be as forgiving as the humans, who've apparently let Baltar and Caprica Six off scot free, despite their being the ones most directly involved in the attack on the colonies?"

And then all the humans would respond with "What?!? Baltar was involved in the attack on the Colonies? Caprica Six was the one who personally hacked our defenses? They must pay!!!" (Remember, Roslin is the only other human who knows about Baltar's complicity in the attacks, and *none* of them know about Caprica Six's role.)

This could set up an interesting showdown with Baltar's cult.....and could also blow apart the Colonial/Cylon alliance, if the Colonials suddenly realize that the *one* Cylon most responsible for the genocide (Caprica Six) is right there on Galactica.

Also, I just realized that the fact that none of the Colonials knows about Caprica Six's involvement in the attack on the Colonies makes the fact that they all call her "Caprica Six" that much more ridiculous. Why the frak would they call her "Caprica Six"?
Old February 21 2009, 02:36 PM   #12
cbspock
Rear Admiral

chrisspringob wrote: View Post
Here's the obvious direction they could be going with Boomer (which I think would be rather neat):

Remember way back in "Downloaded", when Caprica Six mentioned to Boomer that she personally got the Colonial defense codes from Baltar? Well, what if the Cylons decide they want to try Boomer for betraying them, and then Boomer retorts with someone along the lines of "Hey, you want to punish me for going along with Cavil's attack on you? Why can't you be as forgiving as the humans, who've apparently let Baltar and Caprica Six off scot free, despite their being the ones most directly involved in the attack on the colonies?"

And then all the humans would respond with "What?!? Baltar was involved in the attack on the Colonies? Caprica Six was the one who personally hacked our defenses? They must pay!!!" (Remember, Roslin is the only other human who knows about Baltar's complicity in the attacks, and *none* of them know about Caprica Six's role.)

This could set up an interesting showdown with Baltar's cult.....and could also blow apart the Colonial/Cylon alliance, if the Colonials suddenly realize that the *one* Cylon most responsible for the genocide (Caprica Six) is right there on Galactica.

Also, I just realized that the fact that none of the Colonials knows about Caprica Six's involvement in the attack on the Colonies makes the fact that they all call her "Caprica Six" that much more ridiculous. Why the frak would they call her "Caprica Six"?

That's an interesting idea. I don't see it leading to a blanket pardon like Roslin gave to the colonials on New Caprica either. I think they call her Caprica Six because that is her name she took. The humans need some way to tell the cylons apart.

The one thing I don't get is, what event is Boomer being accused of committing treason over?

Are they just trying to throw the humans a bone, and taking Boomer out of the picture because she shot Adama?

Why treason? Why not war crimes?

They can't accuse Baltar of anything, there is no real evidence they could use in a court.

-Chris
Old February 21 2009, 02:44 PM   #13
Marc
Fleet Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Marc

cbspock wrote: View Post
chrisspringob wrote: View Post

That's an interesting idea. I don't see it leading to a blanket pardon like Roslin gave to the colonials on New Caprica either. I think they call her Caprica Six because that is her name she took. The humans need some way to tell the cylons apart.

The one thing I don't get is, what event is Boomer being accused of committing treason over?

Are they just trying to throw the humans a bone, and taking Boomer out of the picture because she shot Adama?

Why treason? Why not war crimes?

They can't accuse Baltar of anything, there is no real evidence they could use in a court.

-Chris
But Boomer has already been taken out once for shooting Adama and that was the actual 8 who did it.

What will putting another 8 on trial for the actions of another achieve?

Don't think it would be much of bone.

Pres. Merkin P. Muffly
Old February 21 2009, 03:07 PM   #14
billcosby
Commodore

Boomer is there for a reason, for sure.

Old February 21 2009, 03:09 PM   #15
Stone_Cold_Sisko
Vice Admiral

The Cylons want to try her for siding with Cavil against her own model and the rest of them, I assume.

As mentioned earlier it's a bit of a joke considering nobody's gonna try the rest of the Cylons for the holocaust.