Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 43 57.33%
Above Average 15 20.00%
Average 13 17.33%
Below Average 3 4.00%
Poor 1 1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 19 2009, 04:18 AM   #16
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Lost 5x06: "316"

Mr Light wrote: View Post
Oh yeah, best line of the night: Jack asks Ben what happens to the other people on the plane: "Who cares?"
Yeah, that had me in stitches. Ben, you're such a bastard! I love it!

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Old February 19 2009, 04:20 AM   #17
Mr Light
Admiral

EMH: "Mrs. Hawking gave us a lot to chew on, but at the same time, left us hanging terribly. Who was the person she was talking about? Hopefully not Widmore."

I don't remember what you're talking about, what was the context?

Was it just me or was Ben at his most demonic looking on the plane, in the dim light, smiling like a chesire cat, hunched over with his glasses hanging down his face, looking at his book, placating Jack. What book was he reading btw? It looked like "Odysseus" or "Odyssies"?

Old February 19 2009, 04:22 AM   #18
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Was it just me or was Ben at his most demonic looking on the plane, in the dim light, smiling like a chesire cat, hunched over with his glasses hanging down his face, looking at his book, placating Jack.
I took note of that too and yeah, it was a nice.
Old February 19 2009, 04:23 AM   #19
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh

EMH: "Mrs. Hawking gave us a lot to chew on, but at the same time, left us hanging terribly. Who was the person she was talking about? Hopefully not Widmore."

I don't remember what you're talking about, what was the context?
She was talking about a smart man who figured out how to find the Island. I might have a missed a few lines because a few people in the room were talking.

Was it just me or was Ben at his most demonic looking on the plane, in the dim light, smiling like a chesire cat, hunched over with his glasses hanging down his face, looking at his book, placating Jack. What book was he reading btw? It looked like "Odysseus" or "Odyssies"?
Yes, Ben looked positively evil in this episode, especially in that scene. As for the book he was reading, I believe it was Ulysses by James Joyce.

Old February 19 2009, 04:24 AM   #20
Agent Richard07
Admiral

How many references to "316" were in this episode?
Old February 19 2009, 04:25 AM   #21
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Hurley must have brought Charlie's guitar. Maybe that was what Jack's father's shoes were to Jack.
Old February 19 2009, 04:26 AM   #22
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Hurley must have brought Charlie's guitar. Maybe that was what Jack's father's shoes were to Jack.
Good call (and Mr Light who also noted it). I didn't even think about why Hurley had a guitar, but that makes a lot of sense.

Old February 19 2009, 04:27 AM   #23
Mr Light
Admiral

I was surprised to see everyone "learning" that Bentham committed suicide in this episode. I thought the whole point was killing himself to convince the O6 of the import of his mission. It was in the newspaper article he was found hanging from a beam. Or were they just assuming he was murdered by Widmore's people?

Old February 19 2009, 04:29 AM   #24
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

I was surprised to see everyone "learning" that Bentham committed suicide in this episode. I thought the whole point was killing himself to convince the O6 of the import of his mission. It was in the newspaper article he was found hanging from a beam. Or were they just assuming he was murdered by Widmore's people?
Well, Jack was in pretty bad shape when he read that. I don't know if it really registered at the time.
Old February 19 2009, 04:29 AM   #25
The Habs Fan
Commodore

Hmmm...well, I have to give this episode an Excellent.

This is the best episode so far this season, and this season has been great (back to season 2 levels.)

Obviously lots of questions were raised this episode, but I was quite surprised that most of the Oceanic 6 made it back to the island so fast. I thought it was going to be during the season finale for sure.
Old February 19 2009, 04:30 AM   #26
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

Damon & Carlton said early on that they would be getting back to the island soon, which I am grateful for. They're not going to stretch it out like they did last year when we already knew the outcome.
Old February 19 2009, 04:31 AM   #27
Mr Light
Admiral

Oh right I forgot the whole Hawking speech. I'm assuming she was talking about Gerald DeGroot. Hey, maybe we'll finally meet the DeGroots in the flesh in the 70s era! And Alvar Hanso! Remember how important they seemed back in "Initiation" and then they just kinda disappeared?

Also interesting that there are similar energy sources throughout the Earth and the Island is just the most interesting one. And there's one in LA?! This is a reference to S2's "S.O.S." the Bernard and Rose episode where they go to Australia to meet Isaac the healer who lives over a natural magic spot and heals people with it.

Was anyone else shocked to see the O6 returning to the Island this soon? I assumed it would happen in the finale or the next premiere. I thought they would string it out more. But I guess now we'll get the O6 playing with Dharma as well, which is fun.

Old February 19 2009, 04:32 AM   #28
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

Well, Flukie has a jpeg, but 316 is the first page of Prince Caspian where they talk about the kids and their time at Narnia, and how they have to go back, as they are sitting waiting for a train.

train/plane
Narnia/island
children/06

LJ

LJ2
Old February 19 2009, 04:33 AM   #29
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

The Habs Fan wrote: View Post
Obviously lots of questions were raised this episode, but I was quite surprised that most of the Oceanic 6 made it back to the island so fast. I thought it was going to be during the season finale for sure.
So did I, but I'm very glad they didn't drag it out.

However, at the same time, we won't get back to that group for the next two episodes. Next episode is about Locke and then the next will be about how Sawyer and company get involved with DHARMA in the past.

Old February 19 2009, 04:36 AM   #30
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Also interesting that there are similar energy sources throughout the Earth and the Island is just the most interesting one. And there's one in LA?! This is a reference to S2's "S.O.S." the Bernard and Rose episode where they go to Australia to meet Isaac the healer who lives over a natural magic spot and heals people with it.
Oh, good call! I had forgotten about that!

Trippy wrote: View Post
Well, Flukie has a jpeg, but 316 is the first page of Prince Caspian where they talk about the kids and their time at Narnia, and how they have to go back, as they are sitting waiting for a train.

train/plane
Narnia/island
children/06

Don't forget about "The Lamp Post." That's pretty important to Narnia, too.