Two New Starships Collection Releases
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

Giacchino Tour Arrives In North America
By: T'Bonz on Jul 17

IDW Publishing October Star Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Cho As Romantic Lead
By: T'Bonz on Jul 16

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 166 64.84%
Above Average 68 26.56%
Average 13 5.08%
Below Average 8 3.13%
Poor 1 0.39%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 18 2009, 12:09 AM   #316
IvosevicJ
Rear Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x15: "No Exit"

Starwind wrote: View Post
It was a car accident. I listened to a phone interview he did where he described coming to hanging upside down in his seat belt.
Really? I am trying to remember now, but I was almost sure it was a motorcycle. Maybe I just assumed it because of his injuries. I thnk he had a few levels of vertebrae screwed up due to flipping. Who knows? I do know it was bad though.
Old February 18 2009, 10:22 PM   #317
Top41

I'm pretty sure it was a motorcycle, too. He gave an interview to TV Guide about it a while back (during the first half of the fourth season, I believe).

It's a lot to digest, but I liked it, especially the explanation about how the Final Five ended up among the humans. I'm curious about Daniel and if that means there's going to be another "big reveal" down the line--instead of who is the final cyclon, we'll be waiting to find out who the final model is. I like the theory someone had above that the final model is the Head Six/Head Leoben...that it no longer exists physically but can manifest itself in people's consciousness. Interesting stuff.

Does anyone think Anders is really brain dead??
Old February 18 2009, 10:32 PM   #318
Berg417448
Commander

These two links claim he was a passenger in a Ferrari:

http://www.watchingbsg.com/battlesta...eaks-his-neck/

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/batt...inj-15040.aspx
Old February 18 2009, 10:51 PM   #319
RoJoHen
Awesome

Top41 wrote: View Post
I think Ander's consciousness is elsewhere, possibly being downloaded into a new body.
Old February 19 2009, 12:02 AM   #320
Rii
Rear Admiral

Must... resist...
Old February 19 2009, 01:12 AM   #321
Lonemagpie
Writer

Great episode, though I'm in two minds whether the revelation that, basically, the war is all down to one screwed-up motherfucker evil-genius type is a good thing that explains it all or a bad thing that makes it so mundane...

All the same, it was amazing to see what the "real" Ellen is like, compared the moaning slag we're used to - and is it just me or was her true personality basically *very* like Roslin? And does that mean anything?

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Old February 19 2009, 01:39 AM   #322
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

I'm pretty sure it was a motorcycle, too. He gave an interview to TV Guide about it a while back (during the first half of the fourth season, I believe).

It's a lot to digest, but I liked it, especially the explanation about how the Final Five ended up among the humans. I'm curious about Daniel and if that means there's going to be another "big reveal" down the line--instead of who is the final cyclon, we'll be waiting to find out who the final model is. I like the theory someone had above that the final model is the Head Six/Head Leoben...that it no longer exists physically but can manifest itself in people's consciousness. Interesting stuff.

I'll bet 'Daniel' is now 'Kara Thrace'; and Cavil/John says to Ellen, "Yes, I did corrupt his DNA...I made him a her; and turned him from 'sensitive artist' to 'militaristic mary-sue'. Besides even you HATED those cigars he used to smoke and chew on constantly."
Old February 19 2009, 03:17 AM   #323
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
I don't know. I think that sounds cool and grand in theory. But, is it really? It's hard to connect emotionally with a disembodied godlike being and understand their motivations. Also, I'd think it would reduce the the impact of the characters' trials. BSG is nitty gritty and I think a super being wouldn't fit in with that overall feel.
I get what you're saying. But even if a few of the characters are "super-beings," then we still get to see how the other characters react to that. And that still works for me.

I wouldn't want them all to be super-beings. But I'm kind of bummed that (maybe) none of them will be.
Old February 19 2009, 03:22 AM   #324
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

I just figured something out. Why would they be called the final five, when they were clearly first?

Because they're the final five survivors of Earth!
Old February 19 2009, 03:27 AM   #325
chrisspringob
Commodore

Lindley wrote: View Post
I just figured something out. Why would they be called the final five, when they were clearly first?

I assume they were simply nicknamed "the final five" by the other Cylons, who didn't know that they were really the first five. All the Cylon models except for Cavil simply knew that there were five other models somewhere out there, and they didn't know who they were. They were "final" because they hadn't been found yet. (Maybe "missing five" would have been better??)
Old February 19 2009, 03:33 AM   #326
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Hermiod wrote: View Post
^Yeah, I doubt that stuff about the "chip" was true. I think there is something a great deal more significant about Head-Six.
Actually it was found not to be true in early season 2 when Cottle gave Baltar a brain scan.
Old February 19 2009, 03:37 AM   #327
USS Triumphant
Rear Admiral

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
Actually it was found not to be true in early season 2 when Cottle gave Baltar a brain scan.
I'm not sure that matters, when skinjobs apparently scan as close enough to human to pass, yet obviously have some superior physical traits, can interface directly with computers, and can be programmed themselves to do things like not need sleep. Even if Cottle ran right across a Cylon "chip", would he have recognised it?
Old February 19 2009, 03:41 AM   #328
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

chrisspringob wrote: View Post
Lindley wrote: View Post

I assume they were simply nicknamed "the final five" by the other Cylons, who didn't know that they were really the first five. All the Cylon models except for Cavil simply knew that there were five other models somewhere out there, and they didn't know who they were. They were "final" because they hadn't been found yet. (Maybe "missing five" would have been better??)
Nah, that's what we used to think. More fun if there was a deeper meaning.
Old February 19 2009, 03:48 AM   #329
Sharr Khan
Rear Admiral

View Sharr Khan's Twitter Profile

I get what you're saying. But even if a few of the characters are "super-beings," then we still get to see how the other characters react to that. And that still works for me.

I wouldn't want them all to be super-beings. But I'm kind of bummed that (maybe) none of them will be
I know I sometimes post like I'm in an echo chamber but here I go again. From following RDM's podcasts I've gotten the impression he's something of an existential guy. It is also pretty clear that a third party, hmmmm a prime motivator is indeed pushing some of these events around.

Now the nature of this third party, none of us as viewers or at the moment even the characters can really speak to. The revelation the Final Five created the other 8 models of skinjob does not mitigate the fact even the characters seem to be growing aware another force has been driving things.

Back to existential tendieces, I fully expect an ending that will cause us and the characters to question the context of their lives as well as the events of the series. Now this could turn out (and it will piss some people off...) that indeed there is a kind of One True God at work, but its nature turns out to be... a writer/creator type.

BSG: No Exit cut Ellen monologue "The 4th Wall"
The scene was "labeled" 6 months ago and featured Ellen talking to
Boomer. Ellen and Boomer were doing some form of Tai-chi, and Ellen
says:

“Self awareness is not confined to “real world”. In
theater, fictional characters are sometimes given a form of
self-awareness – this is known as “breaking the 4th wall”. This device
is a form of meta-fiction, allowing characters to address the audience
directly and comment on the narrative in which they themselves are the
participant. In doing so, the characters transcend their fictive nature
and enter into a dialectic relationship with the viewer with each side
trying to persuade the other of the innate truth of their reality. But
does a character actually exist? Does it have form and shape beyond the
page on which it is actually written? Can it ever break the 4th wall
and address the unseen, undreamt of audience that watches it’s every
move from the safety behind the footlights?

The Lords of Kobol
once thought that man could never break the 4th wall, could never look
upon the gods with understanding and grasp the divine nature of life.
They believed this until one day man stole their fire and created the
first Cylons, the first artificial life, and then man, in his arrogance
thought Cylons could not break the 4th wall, and man believed it right
up to the moment that the first centurions rebelled, and the great
exodus from paradise began. See Boomer, we are not finite creations, we
have the capability to evolve, we have so much more potential.”
Don't be shocked if we step behind those foot lights. To do so is no less mystical, or even supernatural then looking into the face of G-d.

Sharr

Last edited by Sharr Khan; February 19 2009 at 07:51 AM.
Old February 19 2009, 04:36 AM   #330
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

Sharr Khan wrote: View Post
Back to existential tendieces, I fully expect an ending that will cause us and the characters to quistion the context of their lives as well as the events of the series. Now this could turn out (and it will piss some people off...) that indeed there is a kind of One True God at work, but its nature turns out to be... a writer/creator type.
What if "Daniel" turns out to a an opposite force that balances out John? A yin to his yang. As John goes through the galaxy spreading hate and destruction, Daniel is pulling the strings to try to pull people together though love and acceptance.