Takei Museum Fundraiser In Progress
By: T'Bonz on Mar 25

Star Trek 3 Villain?
By: T'Bonz on Mar 25

Montgomery Comic Book Signing
By: T'Bonz on Mar 24

Mulgrew To Receive Award
By: T'Bonz on Mar 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 166 64.84%
Above Average 68 26.56%
Average 13 5.08%
Below Average 8 3.13%
Poor 1 0.39%
Voters: 256. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 15 2009, 02:07 AM   #211
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x15: "No Exit"

Shit makes sense now. I love this show.
Old February 15 2009, 02:14 AM   #212
Aragorn
Admiral

Basestars need more security. Or centurions that don't go along with what any skinjob tells them to do. Caprica Six easily gets Sharon and Hera off a basestar with a ready raptor, and now Boomer and Ellen just calmly walk to their escape as well with yet another ready raptor.
Old February 15 2009, 02:51 AM   #213
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Basestars need more security. Or centurions that don't go along with what any skinjob tells them to do. Caprica Six easily gets Sharon and Hera off a basestar with a ready raptor, and now Boomer and Ellen just calmly walk to their escape as well with yet another ready raptor.
She's a special Cylon so the toasters might listen to her more.
Old February 15 2009, 02:59 AM   #214
MadBaggins
Captain

firehawk12 wrote: View Post
So, first time I'm posting in an episode thread in a good long while. The only reason I feel compelled to post is because this episode was just a bunch of exposition mixed in with what's supposed to be a "shocking revelation".

I realize that they're probably trying to save money for the inevitable money shot in the finale, whatever that may be, but having Anders basically just explain the last 4 years of the show? In dialog? Ugh.

I also find it strange that Tory has pretty much disappeared. Now we find out that Tyrol and Tory were bumping uglies... which only seems like a telegraphed relationship just to have a patented BSG yelling fight when Tyrol finds out that Tory was the one who killed Cally.
That said, I suppose I'd be MORE annoyed if they didn't bring up the fact that Tory is a murderer before the show ended.
Oh yeah, it makes her "HUMANS ARE EVIL" rant hypocritical. If this season is all about reckoning or whatever, I hope she gets what's coming to her.

Ah well, I suppose I should be grateful that the show is ending and I can move on with my life.
No one's forcing you to watch it.
Old February 15 2009, 03:13 AM   #215
Maurice
Vice Admiral

View Maurice's Twitter Profile

The main thing that requires explaining now is Kara: she didn't just die and reappear, she died and reappeared with a brand new Viper that was keyed to the beacon on her wrecked Viper. So, even if she resurrected in the fashion we're used to, someone gave her this shiny new ship and plunked her down near the RTF.

As to the skinjobs not recalling the Final Five, the clues are all there in Cavil's dialog. He talks about altering his own programming to eliminate the need to sleep. He blocks the memories of the Final Five from downloading into their bodies. I'd guess at some point his series fucked with the programming of all the other models, including the Centurions, to put in a routine that made them not able to or want access memories of the Final Five. Programmed not to think about them, isn't that how it was said?

The one big plot hole in the whole thing was how Cavil could plant the Final Five in such a way that they would all survive the Holocaust.

Or did he? Let's see, of the Five the only two we met in the mini were Tigh and Tyrol. I'm guessing Ellen was killed in the holocaust, and a replacement was made and dropped into the fleet (the age thing would be a possible problem, however). Tori being dropped in later I could maybe accept as well, although both she and Ellen's being inserted into the fleet begs how the Cylons did it.

Starbuck finding Anders on her crazy trip back to Caprica is pretty coincidental, too.

I could buy all of this if it's revealed that there is, in fact, some cosmic string pulling going on. If it's "God's" doing, then that's fine. Minus that, it's pretty unbelievable.

If the "Head" characters were around on Earth, then it'd be weird if they were "Daniel", since the Five later create him.

Oh, yeah, and finally, who's been established as having seen the Head characters? The Final Five, Caprica Six (Head Baltar), and Baltar (Head Six, Head Baltar). Others have seen visions of the Opera House, but assuming that's a separate thing, that still means the only non-Cylon to have seen a Head character is Baltar.

Or am I missing something?
Old February 15 2009, 04:05 AM   #216
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

The one big plot hole in the whole thing was how Cavil could plant the Final Five in such a way that they would all survive the Holocaust.

Or did he? Let's see, of the Five the only two we met in the mini were Tigh and Tyrol. I'm guessing Ellen was killed in the holocaust, and a replacement was made and dropped into the fleet (the age thing would be a possible problem, however). Tori being dropped in later I could maybe accept as well, although both she and Ellen's being inserted into the fleet begs how the Cylons did it.
Cavil probably didn't care whether or not they survived the Holocaust, as long as they learned their lesson and eventually downloaded back to him, but when they did survive, he took steps to perpetuate their suffering. However, it's likely he kept tabs on the Final Five, so he knew where they were all along.

A Cavil was with Anders' group. The raiders attacked Galactica, and Galactica had a Cylon device on it as well as Doral. He may have planted Doral and Boomer there to both sabotage Galactica and subconsciously keep tabs on Tigh and Tyrol. Tory...well, we have no clue about her. In fact, it seems conspicuous to me that, to our knowledge, he hasn't messed with her at all and she's awfully Cylon friendly. She may be the weak link among the Five, the traitor among them. Ellen said that Cavil put her on a transport himself, which intimates that he was keeping an eye on her too. So, when it became apparent that there were survivors, he took steps where he could to ensure their continued survival, and then he began taking steps to make them suffer with the rest of humanity, just to prove his point. He's a sadist, so why stop with the Holocaust, why not make them suffer further?
Old February 15 2009, 04:08 AM   #217
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
The Centurions supposedly have free will now. So either Cavil has placed the limiter back on his Centurions or that Centurion that was standing near the Raptor when Sharon escaped with Ellen was complicit with Sharon. If the latter is true, I'd say Cavil is about to have a Centurion problem on his hands. Personally, that'd be poetic justice, given his flair for the dramatic. He wants to be a machine, so his machines turn on him.
Old February 15 2009, 04:38 AM   #218
0 of ln(kirk^3)
Lieutenant Junior Grade

I voted Above Average. Nothing genius, but Cavil's scenes were really worth it.

p.s. No love for Daniel "Bulldog" Novacek?
Old February 15 2009, 04:47 AM   #219
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Above Average.

I had a feeling the writers were setting up Sam as The Key to It All. I thought he'd die and download to somewhere, where he'd Know the Truth or something. This is close enough.

Fairly awkward, tho, that so much important info was handled via yak yak yak. Not the best way to dramatize such pivotal information.

Cavil was fun - and for the first time, a Cylon actually started acting like someone who had the mind of a robot and not a human! That was nice to see, and frustrating that we're only now seeing it.

But as a rationale for genocide, the fact that Cavil doesn't like being human - oy! That's even stupider than I assumed it would be, when we finally learned the truth. At least now we know humanity is off the hook for any guilt regarding the Cylons. The metalheads didn't have free will before the Final Five showed up - after humanity had been "oppressing" the Cylons - and a being without free will doesn't have any right to be regarded as equal with humans anyway, so humanity did nothing wrong.

All that boo hoo about humanity not deserving to survive from Adama et al, that was just what my gut told me it was - nonsensical whining from shellshocked people. I guess it's understandable that they wouldn't be thinking clearly, having been victimized as they were.
Old February 15 2009, 05:34 AM   #220
Aragorn
Admiral

For a machine who complains about being human, Cavil sure does like the sex.
Old February 15 2009, 05:57 AM   #221
chrisspringob
Commodore

By the way, my working assumption at this point is that Cylon #7 is Boxey. Moore has probably been saving up the return of Boxey for the finale.
Old February 15 2009, 06:06 AM   #222
deadbabyseal
Cadet

roliver wrote: View Post

Why isn't Cavil Model #6?
'Cause he'd look like crap wearing that red dress?
Old February 15 2009, 06:10 AM   #223
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

deadbabyseal wrote: View Post
roliver wrote: View Post

Why isn't Cavil Model #6?
'Cause he'd look like crap wearing that red dress?
And thank you for mentally scaring me with that image you evil person.
Old February 15 2009, 06:54 AM   #224
Gregsmack
Captain

In a thread from last week that I can't remember I wrote that only two actors on the show have never delivered a cringe-worthy line to my ears: Olmos and Hogan. I'd like to add one more to that list: Olmos, Hogan, and Stockwell! If the entire episode was just Cavil giving a hate-filled monologue about torture and smelling dark matter for 40 minutes I'd still probably consider it the best of the series.
Old February 15 2009, 07:04 AM   #225
IndyJones
Vice Admiral

Peacemaker wrote: View Post
Also:

If Ellen is the mother of the Cylons, then Tigh is the father. They are Adam and Eve. When she first meets Boomer, she offered her an apple. So we have Eve offering one of her children "the apple." She tempts her to betray John, and, in the end, she does. It's stuff like that that makes me love this show.
That's a great catch!

Alex1939 wrote: View Post
Pure speculation:

What if "Daniel" is now Starbuck?
I like that idea for one reason...If Dirk Benedict hates that nuBSG Starbuck is a woman, think of how he'll blow his top learning that Starbuck's a cylon!

Strider wrote: View Post
Now, we also know there is an actual planet that looks like our Real Earth. For that matter, Real Earth looked pretty healthy compared to the ground-level view we got of the nuked Cylon earth. I'm starting to wonder if the show will end with humans and Cylons discovering our Real Earth and settling there. Maybe they call it "Earth" as almost a joking, wistful reference. After all, they'd been looking for Earth all along. I wonder how far in our (the viewers) past that would be.
Well, on the Earth the Final 5 came from paper had 4 corners. That's good enough for me.
Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.