Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Voyager

Voyager There's coffee in this forum!

Old February 12 2009, 08:45 PM   #16
teya
Vice Admiral

Re: *~*~The Great J/C Thread~*~*

Tachyon wrote: View Post
It is not a J/C board only, but this is a J/C thread.

And there has not been any C/7 bashing so far. But it is hardly surprising that the concept of C/7 is something that is not appreciated by J/Cers or D/7ers. There is nothing preventing, though, anyone makin a C/7 thread, if there is a need for one.
You misunderstand. I am welcoming you all to the board.

I am just hoping that you can keep bashing of things other people like to a minimum. That's all.

Enjoy your thread.
Old February 12 2009, 08:50 PM   #17
Tachyon
Fleet Captain

I think a reasonable amount of Voyager bashing in certain threads on this board, so there is no need for us to turn against each other. Nevertheless, in this thread C/7 is icky, so your feelings might get somewhat burned, IF the conversation happens to get into that direction at some point of time. It won't necessarily happen, though. Many J/Cers just deny the very existence of C/7 altogether.
Tachyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2009, 08:55 PM   #18
teya
Vice Admiral

Many J/Cers just deny the very existence of C/7 altogether.
That's actually the sanest way for shippers of any stripe to go.
Old February 12 2009, 09:14 PM   #19
joyofvgr
Lieutenant Commander

teya wrote: View Post
joyofvgr wrote: View Post
Who talked about Seven bashing? I find Seven alright, C/7 not.
I guess the picture you posted sort of implies it. Some J/Cers want to see Seven hurt for "stealing Chakotay," but I don't feel that way. The stupid writers on the other hand... (just kidding)
Hey, Joy. Hope you're who I think you are, lest I'm now making a fool of myself... Wouldn't be the first time.

Anyway, hello, all. I'm teya and I'm a C/7er. I promise you I won't destroy your thread.

Just a small request--to try and keep the C/7 bashing to a minimum, if you could, bearing in mind that this is not a J/C-only board and some of us like things that you do not and vice versa. We are all Voyager fans and I certainly hope we can get along.
Hi Teya, yeah it's me. C/7 sucks! (You know I'm just kidding. I even defended C/7 occasionally in the interest of fairness, even though I always kick myself afterward. I thought I'd provide you with a little positive proof that I am exactly who you think I am.)
joyofvgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2009, 09:37 PM   #20
JustKate
Rear Admiral

Is it OK for an anti-J/Cer to post here as long as I don't "bash"? Because I definitely didn't like it one eensy teensy tiny little bit. Nothing against either character, and in fact I like them both a whole lot, but having the captain and the first officer romantically involved is just icky and incestuous. In fact, in the current military here in the U.S. of A., it could be a punishable (probably a court martial) offense, and I think there are excellent reasons why.

I realize that things are, for some reason, different in the Trek universe, but I don't understand why. People are still people, so I don't see why having a superior romantically involved with a subordinant (a commander involved with someone under his/her command) isn't still an extremely bad idea. It's called "fraternization," and it's just as bad of an idea when it happens on a ship as when it happens in, say, an office. In fact, it's probably worse - CEOs seldom have to command anyone in battle.

If they wanted to bring them back home safe and then start the romance, that would have been fine. But they didn't, did they?

C/7 might have been OK, if they'd led up to it adequately (again, nothing against the characters), although even there...what the heck was Seven's rank anyway? But they didn't, did they? So as it is, I simply loathe it. I try to pretend the whole thing didn't happen.

Last edited by JustKate; February 12 2009 at 10:00 PM.
JustKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2009, 11:23 PM   #21
MilitantJaneway
Lieutenant

yup that would be me as well total J/C er. And I sort of agree with JustKate so my fics are usually post endgame.
MilitantJaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12 2009, 11:40 PM   #22
JustKate
Rear Admiral

^ Partial agreement? Woo-hoo! Hey, I'll take it gladly! It's more than I expected in this thread.

And it's very gracious, if I may say so.
JustKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2009, 03:16 AM   #23
kimc
Coffee Mod

So anyone have a favorite fafic? I know it's hard to pick just one but here's one of my faves:

Concerning Flight

kimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2009, 04:37 AM   #24
es!
Commander

Teya,

I'm not really a C/7er but this pairing got me hooked first (well no wonder, I haven't seen the first half of the show when I had ben watching it for the first time). I can't express how much I love your C/7 fics! Unfortunately there are not more of them *hint hint*
Or have you given up writing ff altogether?

JustKate,

I partially agree with you, too. I try to stay true to the characters, therefore J/C (nearly) always behave in my fanfic until they are back home Or they have to have a damn good reason to cross the line while still in the DQ...

Kimc,

It's really hard to pick one! But in the connection to what I said above, Filling The Void by Spiletta would be my favorite! The author agrees that it would take J/C a lot to come together in the DQ and shows us how much would be needed for them to cross the line... all the moral consequenses included.
es! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2009, 05:14 AM   #25
Tachyon
Fleet Captain

JustKate wrote: View Post
If they wanted to bring them back home safe and then start the romance, that would have been fine. But they didn't, did they?
In fanfic they do. At least in my fic. Tee hee. So I am definitely a "post-Engame J/Cer" myself. The canon did not bring them together, even though there was definitely something there, so I don't want to start fiddling with what has already been established on the series.

JustKate wrote: View Post
C/7 might have been OK, if they'd led up to it adequately (again, nothing against the characters), although even there...what the heck was Seven's rank anyway? But they didn't, did they? So as it is, I simply loathe it. I try to pretend the whole thing didn't happen.
I personally always acknowledge the existence of C/7, but I would never kill Seven in my stories, or want to read one where she is killed. I like her and I aim to treat her respectfully in my stories.

One thing that I liked about Seven was that she was blunt to the extreme, and yes sometimes a cold bitch. That was her way and I did not find it offending in anyway. And that was the reason why The Doc kept these social lessons for her. So the woman we saw in Endgame was, for me, someone I had not seen before. That teary, crying woman was not the Seven I had seen before or learnt to like. So Endgame was not just one big middle finger pointed towards J/Cers, but it also ruined Seven for me.

But I like to think C/7 as I see Worf/Troi - anyone knew Troi and Riker belonged together, so Worf was a little phase in the between. And according to Voyager relaunch books, that is what it ended up to be.

What comes to J/C fanfic, there are so many stories out there that I have hard time to pick one as my fav.

Last edited by Tachyon; February 13 2009 at 05:35 AM. Reason: typo
Old February 13 2009, 05:26 AM   #26
MilitantJaneway
Lieutenant

kimc wrote: View Post
So anyone have a favorite fafic? I know it's hard to pick just one but here's one of my faves:

Concerning Flight
Oh its so hard to choose, but this was one of the first that drew me into fanfic and what an awesome introduction it was http://mizvoy.jetc.org/story/undeniable/prologue.htm

(and its post endgame )
MilitantJaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13 2009, 05:29 AM   #27
joyofvgr
Lieutenant Commander

I'm not crazy about character death in general. I don't like reading stories where Seven dies or is hurt, either physically or emotionally. I don't blame her for C/7.
I like the way you view the C/7 relationship as a little phase, Tachyon, I think I'll steal that view. I also agree that there are so many wonderful stories out there, it's hard to pick a favorite. This is a post Endgame fic that has always stood out for me. I usually post it when asked about fics I like:
http://www.koffeeklub.net/shayenne/brianna/allswell.htm

I also agree with KimC that Filling the Void was good. I like Spiletta's fan fics also.
Old February 13 2009, 05:31 AM   #28
joyofvgr
Lieutenant Commander

OK. I think I need a life. So far I've already read all the fics that have been posted as well as the other stories by the authors referenced. I've even read a couple of Teya's C/7 stories. I thought Borg Do Not Gyrate was especially cute.

Last edited by joyofvgr; February 13 2009 at 06:00 AM.
Old February 13 2009, 05:35 AM   #29
Tachyon
Fleet Captain

I don't want to read about Chakotay's mid-life crisis either as an explanation of his relationship with Seven. Because that takes something away from the Chakotay I like. So I like to think that there were something real developing between them, but it ended before it truly began, because they were suddenly on Earth and their worlds basically turned upside down.

I have marked Mergara's story "Seven" as my fav on ffnet: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4285380/1/Seven

I have not read it for awhile, but I do remember that it was very well written.
Old February 13 2009, 05:39 AM   #30
joyofvgr
Lieutenant Commander

I always use the "mid-life crisis" as the excuse. It's great fun on the boards to get the C/7ers all riled up. LOL. But it's not what I really believe would work well in a story. I think you're right. The return to Earth got in the way. Also, I would like to think that if he had a real chance with Janeway that would win him over. I could see him just giving Janeway a simple goodbye kiss and being blown away by the chemistry, so much so it would be impossible to ignore. Oh boy. Don't get me started!