Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Closed Thread

Old February 12 2009, 04:53 PM   #31
Neroon
Mod of balance

Re: HAHA! I have partly solved the mystery of women...

TerriO wrote: View Post
Men will never figure it out. The sooner they accept that women are the superior gender, the sooner we'll know world peace.
And this is an example, class ... of what we call fighting fire with fire.

- Proverbs 12:20
Old February 12 2009, 04:54 PM   #32
Mark de Vries
Commodore

View Mark de Vries's Twitter Profile

Hermiod wrote: View Post
Crusher Disciple wrote: View Post
Scout101 wrote: View Post
Yep, Skynet flares up into a murderous rage, but then keeps going quiet for 3 weeks or so. Programming flaw?
You know what you did!!!!!!
We very rarely, if ever, do know what we did.
Even when we did do it.
Old February 12 2009, 05:20 PM   #33
Hermiod
Admiral

Men will never figure it out. The sooner they accept that women are the superior gender, the sooner we'll know world peace.

Think about it, the human race would die off if there were no women. No reproduction, no children. Guys, can you envision any males willing to be pregnant if science were to come up with a way for it to happen regularly? Men would probably be even more aggressive and territorial from pent-up sexual frustration, leading to more wars and faster dying off of the species.

No men? There's got to be enough sperm in sperm banks nowadays to allow for a continuation of the human species. Between that and the frozen embryos, we're virtually guaranteed to continue. Most women don't seem to have the need to prove whose is bigger. And we've got plenty of sexual outlets that men wouldn't even get a rise out of. War? Why kill people we'd just have to get pregnant to replace? I mean, seriously, why go through the nine months of hormonal torture and eighteen years of child rearing just for one soldier in a war? The investment of time and energy to give birth to and raise one soldier to die in battle is just not worth the ROI.

Again, men will never figure it out. If you did, we'd have to kill you all off and start over. Quite frankly, I've got better things to do with my time.
I'm really glad you put a smiley after that or I'd be reporting my second moderator in the space of two days.
Old February 12 2009, 05:50 PM   #34
Plecostomus
Commodore

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Plecostomus

kimc wrote: View Post
Plecostomus wrote: View Post
I think all women are networked together somehow. I can't explain it any other way. I made the phone-clerk at job-is-job angry today, and then I went to the post office and the postal-clerk was angry, and then I called my wife at the hospital and she was angry too.

Suddenly it clicked. This is how they multi-task so effortlessly. The idle women process tasks for the busy ones. That explains why Jenifer gets so tired while seemingly doing nothing. "They" are using her un-assigned brain-cycles to run active processes.

Now I'm sitting here faxing something and I just realized the fax-tones sound EXACTLY like my wife when she calls one of her co-workers for information. High-speed, shrill and full of information.

Amazing. So by that logic the blond ones must have limited or no connectivity and the red ones must have some kind of T3-line to the Mood Swing CPU.

Well. Now that I've figured this all out, I fully expect to meet a painful and messy demise at the hands of one of these creatures. In fact I'm sure The Collective is figuring it now and dispatching units as I type this.

Ah well. Hope she's cute at least.
Let me get this straight. You pissed of three women in a row today yet they're the ones with the problem?

Okay then...
No, I pissed off the phone-clerk. All the OTHER women I encountered throughout the day seemed to be pre-pissed-off before I even got there. Ergo, my conclusion that they must be wired together somehow.
Old February 12 2009, 06:28 PM   #35
Crypto
Caped Trek Mod

Think about it, the human race would die off if there were no women. No reproduction, no children. Guys, can you envision any males willing to be pregnant if science were to come up with a way for it to happen regularly? Men would probably be even more aggressive and territorial from pent-up sexual frustration, leading to more wars and faster dying off of the species.

No men? There's got to be enough sperm in sperm banks nowadays to allow for a continuation of the human species. Between that and the frozen embryos, we're virtually guaranteed to continue. Most women don't seem to have the need to prove whose is bigger. And we've got plenty of sexual outlets that men wouldn't even get a rise out of. War? Why kill people we'd just have to get pregnant to replace? I mean, seriously, why go through the nine months of hormonal torture and eighteen years of child rearing just for one soldier in a war? The investment of time and energy to give birth to and raise one soldier to die in battle is just not worth the ROI.

Again, men will never figure it out. If you did, we'd have to kill you all off and start over. Quite frankly, I've got better things to do with my time.
I'm really glad you put a smiley after that or I'd be reporting my second moderator in the space of two days.
THAT had the capacity to hurt your feelings?? You must not be married.

I've gotten in trouble before for things I've done in my wife's dreams. And far too often, a disagreement between the two of us ends with her saying "You've gotta sleep sometime..."

I choose to take such things humorously, because, as with many couples, I give as good as I get.

We have a small plaque on the wall:

"Marriage is made in Heaven. So is thunder and lightning."

Old February 12 2009, 06:42 PM   #36
Hermiod
Admiral

Misfit Toy wrote: View Post
THAT had the capacity to hurt your feelings?? You must not be married.

I've gotten in trouble before for things I've done in my wife's dreams. And far too often, a disagreement between the two of us ends with her saying "You've gotta sleep sometime..."

I choose to take such things humorously, because, as with many couples, I give as good as I get.

We have a small plaque on the wall:

"Marriage is made in Heaven. So is thunder and lightning."

If I'd thought she meant it seriously, and I hope she didn't, I'd wonder how it fits with the latest edict that we're not allowed to discuss "hot-button" political subjects in Misc.
Old February 12 2009, 07:27 PM   #37
TerriO
Writer-type human

If gender discrimination is a hot-button political topic, take it up with the rest of the thread. Because I'm sensing some issues with taking it versus dishing it out since I posted that.

What, it's okay for men to rag on women and be completely chauvinistic in here, but when a woman actually gives reasoning why the world might be better off without men and the human race would probably die off without women, it's suddenly a "hot-button" topic for some folks?
Old February 12 2009, 07:35 PM   #38
Plecostomus
Commodore

Well I am a highly aggressive manly-man... and even I know that my function is little more than a mobile DNA storage and high-pressure injection pump.

My wife on the other hand... she's a portable genetic sequencing and recombination computer with a long-term incubator and life-support system built in.

...I got the easy part no doubt there. So a bit of good-natured ragging is acceptable.

Lets keep this thread humorous as I intended, if you have a beef please use the report function and the support forums, please?
Old February 12 2009, 07:39 PM   #39
Hermiod
Admiral

If gender discrimination is a hot-button topic, take it up with the rest of the thread. Because I'm sensing some issues with taking it versus dishing it out since I posted that.

What, it's okay for men to rag on women and get chauvinistic, but when women actually give reasons why the world might be better off without men and the human race would probably die off without women, it's suddenly a "hot-button" topic for some folks?
Have I "dished it out" ? Like fuck I have. All I've done is call people like you on your attitude. You think gender discrimination is bad ? Try not discriminating yourself.

Sorry, but if I'd posted anything close to what you just did I'd be kicked out of here so fast I wouldn't know what hit me.

You say women would be okay because the sperm banks are full ? I wouldn't be so sure about that if I were you.

Now I know what I know about the moderation of this board from yesterday's friendly little incident with Cardinal Biggles, I won't bother flagging your post because I know for damned sure it won't do any good.

For what it's worth, Plecostomus, I'm sorry TerriO couldn't keep her apparent misandry to herself.
Old February 12 2009, 07:43 PM   #40
Plecostomus
Commodore

Ah, Hermiod, could you tone it down just a bit? Please?

It's ok to disagree but this is going just a wee bit too far. Take it to PM or email or Skype or something, lets not go into potential warning territory please.
Old February 12 2009, 07:46 PM   #41
Hermiod
Admiral

Plecostomus wrote: View Post
Ah, Hermiod, could you tone it down just a bit? Please?

It's ok to disagree but this is going just a wee bit too far. Take it to PM or email or Skype or something, lets not go into potential warning territory please.
TerriO is, as I discovered yesterday, incapable of going in to warning territory due to her status.

Again, I'm sorry, but some things have to be said. There's nowhere else to say them at this time. Reporting her post will do no good because Misc's moderators are incapable by design of warning her for it. It's clear that the benefit of the doubt I gave her to begin with was a mistake because she clearly believes what she's said and is hiding behind the usual "boys say worse" crap.
Old February 12 2009, 07:51 PM   #42
E.Bola
Everybody Panic!

Crusher Disciple wrote: View Post
Scout101 wrote: View Post
Yep, Skynet flares up into a murderous rage, but then keeps going quiet for 3 weeks or so. Programming flaw?
You know what you did!!!!!!
We very rarely, if ever, do know what we did.
Buying into and supporting this gender based stereotype is OK?

But an obviously sarcastic post meant to highlight the idiocy of gender stereotypes on whole is a hot topic issue?

Or was Jonathan Swift's Modest Proposal a finely crafted piece of social policy?

Now I know what I know about the moderation of this board from yesterday's friendly little incident with Cardinal Biggles, I won't bother flagging your post because I know for damned sure it won't do any good.
And what did we learn from that? A member who is a moderator flames another member. That moderator/ member is warned. End of story. Further comments about that moderation incident may be taken up via PM to Spiff as he issued the infraction

For what it's worth, Plecostomus, I'm sorry TerriO couldn't keep her apparent misandry to herself.
For what it's worth, this is borderline flaming.
Old February 12 2009, 07:55 PM   #43
Hermiod
Admiral

the 4th hanson bro wrote: View Post

Buying into and supporting this gender based stereotype is OK?

But an obviously sarcastic post meant to highlight the idiocy of gender stereotypes on whole is a hot topic issue?

Or was Jonathan Swift's Modest Proposal a finely crafted piece of social policy?
The difference is I was playing along with the fun. I believed TerriO was too until she proved otherwise and hid behind the usual "boys say worse about us" excuse.

I'm not the one who wants "hot-button" issues off of this part of the board. It's very clear that this is amongst the hottest of those issues.

the 4th hanson bro wrote: View Post
And what did we learn from that? A member who is a moderator flames another member. That moderator/ member is warned. End of story. Further comments about that moderation incident may be taken up via PM to Spiff as he issued the infraction
At least something was done.

For what it's worth, this is borderline flaming.
The next time someone calls someone else a "misogynist", I'll remind you of this post.
Old February 12 2009, 07:57 PM   #44
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Women are fairly easy. Listen to them (I mean really listen--or a reasonable facsimile thereof). Do not necessarily provide any answers because men have a tendency to complain/vent/talk with a goal in mind. Women generally do not. They like to at least be heard.

Always tell them they're right even when they are completely, demonstrably and utterly wrong. I used to go on and on with elaborate explanations as to why they are wrong, but that never ever works. They care less about right and wrong, and winning and losing, but more with resolution.

Last but not least massage their feet or neck area when they are in a quiet moment or tired.

RAMA
Old February 12 2009, 08:00 PM   #45
Dead Possum
An Ex-Awesome Possum

View Dead Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Dead Possum Send a message via AIM to Dead Possum

Men and women are really control freaks. We would have all killed each other long ago if the makeup sex wasn't so good.