Sci-Fried To Release New Album
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover

Star Trek into Darkness Soundtrack

Horse 1, Shatner 0

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 41 58.57%
Above Average 23 32.86%
Average 4 5.71%
Below Average 1 1.43%
Poor 1 1.43%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 12 2009, 04:06 AM   #16
Gertch
Admiral

Re: Lost 5x05: "This Place is Death"

I had to go with Excellent. Not only was this one one of the fastest hours of Lost but they also tied in some stuff from season 1. Continuity is a big plus. Seeing Lostzilla, the ruins, Christian - just too much good stuff.

It's going to be tough getting to sleep tonight but I have to try. I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts tomorrow.
Old February 12 2009, 04:07 AM   #17
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I'm actually concerned about Locke's leg.
Old February 12 2009, 04:08 AM   #18
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile

This is the best episode since The Constant. I wasn't shocked or saddened by Charlotte's death. I really don't understand what the point of her character is or will be. Other than that, great stuff, and one of Lost's finest endings.
Old February 12 2009, 04:09 AM   #19
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

I'm guessing the Island will use Charlotte in the future like everyone else dead in peoples lives.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old February 12 2009, 04:09 AM   #20
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post
There really isn't much more to flesh out about her though, we know why and how she killed her people, what the smoke monster did, and that she had seen it.

The only thing really left to see is Ben taking her baby and calling it his own.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of.

That reminds me... I couldn't help but laugh when whatshisface said "I'm hurt!" after he was dragged into the ground by the smoke monster.

That was an understatement. His arm was gone.
Old February 12 2009, 04:09 AM   #21
Mr Light
Admiral

3.5/4 Yet another excellent episode!

The best sequence was seeing Rousseau's team get taken down by Cerebus. YEAH! Plus, now we FINALLY learned what the Sickness was. Cerebus grabbed her team and dragged them down to the Temple (which we finally get to see!!!) and then they became little acolytes of the Island, either that or just plain ole Others. Also, we learned that the purpose of Cerebus is to guard the Temple specifically. My initial theory? The Temple is the "brain" of the Island, the center of its intelligence. This is interesting since I previously thought the most important locations were the Swan and Orchid as two sources of exotic energy.

I really hope we get to see more Rousseau stuff. I want to see the Others taking Alex. Of course, since the black smoke column was in the sky when Jin watched her kill her husband, I guess they were going to be showing up at any mo then. Also still waiting on an explanation for how she knew Ben and caught him in "One of Them".

Charlotte was definitely my least favorite freighter character so I'm not sad to see her go. And her big huge secret was... she was a Dharma kid? That's it? Really? Disappointing. It was interesting that she didn't remember Faraday's childhood visit to her until the moment of her death. She confirms that Desmond isn't the only one who magically remembers time travel events at the moment of relative occurance, it's everyone. This is a nice little loophole for why characters don't already know the time travel hijinks about to happen!

The O6 plot just kinda there as always but it was thankfully brief. How convenient that Penny wasn't with Des when he bumped into Ben! I'm a little disappointed there wasn't any ending cliffhanger.

Old February 12 2009, 04:10 AM   #22
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
There really isn't much more to flesh out about her though, we know why and how she killed her people, what the smoke monster did, and that she had seen it.

The only thing really left to see is Ben taking her baby and calling it his own.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of.

That reminds me... I couldn't help but laugh when whatshisface said "I'm hurt!" after he was dragged into the ground by the smoke monster.

That was an understatement. His arm was gone.
IMO he was dead at that point, and the smoke monster was using his voice to call for help to get the others down there.

Old February 12 2009, 04:13 AM   #23
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

Above Average...just shy of excellent.

Charlotte dying just when she was getting interesting was a bit of a let down...her story must not be over.

I have a theory that Jacob is a non-corpereal being and re-animates the dead (Christian) as a spokesperson per se. The same thing will happen when the dead Locke comes back.

"Say hi to my son"

LJ

LJ2
Old February 12 2009, 04:13 AM   #24
Mr Light
Admiral

Oh yeah, and Locke goes down to the Donkey Wheel and meets Christian! I didn't know he was gonna be in the episode. I guess we know for sure he's intangible now. I gotta say the production values on the malfunctioning Donkey Wheel were a little silly looking. It was just "off-axis"? He just had to give it a nudge? Felt a little anti-climactic. Man, what is it with a) Locke getting leg injuries, and b) anyone getting into the Donkey Wheel Chamber getting an injury?

Interesting to see that the time flash energy was literally emanating from the Donkey Wheel. Though I guess that shouldn't be a huge surprise.

So, was anyone surprised that Hawking was Faraday's Mother?

I wonder who Charlotte's parents were. Horace Goodspeed and wife, perhaps? But they were American. Of course, Faraday's parents were Brits and he grew up American so go figure!

Old February 12 2009, 04:14 AM   #25
Brent
Admiral

Trippy wrote: View Post
Above Average...just shy of excellent.

Charlotte dying just when she was getting interesting was a bit of a let down...her story must not be over.

I have a theory that Jacob is a non-corpereal being and re-animates the dead (Christian) as a spokesperson per se. The same thing will happen when the dead Locke comes back.

"Say hi to my son"
That's what I think as well, he can appear as the dead, but is in nature non-corporeal.

Old February 12 2009, 04:14 AM   #26
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

Gertch wrote: View Post
I had to go with Excellent. Not only was this one one of the fastest hours of Lost but they also tied in some stuff from season 1. Continuity is a big plus. Seeing Lostzilla, the ruins, Christian - just too much good stuff.
I'm a little disappointed that Damon and Carlton broke their rule about Smokey. We know he likes to slam people around and drag people into the "Cerberus Vents." We didn't learn anything new about him. That's the rule.

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
I wasn't shocked or saddened by Charlotte's death. I really don't understand what the point of her character is or will be. Other than that, great stuff, and one of Lost's finest endings.
I wasn't shocked. But I was saddened. I'm one of the few that liked Charlotte last season. I don't know where her character is going either. But I think she's about as dead as John Locke circa 2007 is. She'll be back. Regularly. But her death scene was really well played. Jeremy Davies almost had me crying.
Old February 12 2009, 04:15 AM   #27
Agent Richard07
Admiral

I'm surprised at how quickly Jin was able to rejoin the gang. I figured that they'd keep him in the past for several episodes, then have his return to the present be difficult.
Old February 12 2009, 04:15 AM   #28
Mr Light
Admiral

Oh, that's a good idea. I thought it was weird when Montand is calling for them to go down. I bet that was Cerebus using his voice!

Old February 12 2009, 04:16 AM   #29
Mr Light
Admiral

We did learn something new about Cerebus. Robert told Rousseau that Cerebus is a security system that specifically guards the Temple, giving it a brand new importance to the mythology.

Old February 12 2009, 04:19 AM   #30
Agent Richard07
Admiral

IMO he was dead at that point, and the smoke monster was using his voice to call for help to get the others down there.
That's not a bad theory. I forgot about how the smoke monster could impersonate people. Maybe that's what happened to Christian. Maybe he was "absorbed" somehow. Who knows...