Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 231 79.66%
Above Average 49 16.90%
Average 7 2.41%
Below Average 1 0.34%
Poor 2 0.69%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 7 2009, 05:25 AM   #61
0 of ln(kirk^3)
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x14: "Blood on the Scales"

What a horrible outcome. I was really hoping Gaeta would succeed. Frak Adama and frak the Cylons too! I voted poor.
Old February 7 2009, 05:26 AM   #62
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

0 of ln(kirk^3) wrote: View Post
What a horrible outcome. I was really hoping Gaeta would succeed. Frak Adama and frak the Cylons too! I voted poor.
You've gotta be kidding

did you SEE what Zarek did?

everyone's future hinges on this alliance of humans and Cylons, their fate is to come together and stop fighting, only then can they prosper in the future

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old February 7 2009, 05:27 AM   #63
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

I think I'm more excited about what happens next week than I was for tonight's episode. All the stuff I mentioned in my first post in this thread (The Opera House, The Hybrid, Ellen, etc.) seems to be coming next week. I can't wait.

As for this one, Above Average. It was good, and a pretty satisfying conclusion, but I think I was expecting a little more...something. Would have been nice if Zarek wasn't killed by Firing squad, but took a bullet in the back of the head or something. I was fine with Gaeta getting it that way though. I wasn't one of those who hated what Gaeta was doing. It seemed like there was some merit to it, but like I said last week, Zarek was the mastermind behind it all.

Also, I really had a problem with the first scene. Maybe it was a money issue, but last week we ended it with the Granade going off. This week we should have seen the inside of the hanger with the Grenade exploding. Having them jump to just Adama and Tigh immobalized seemed a bit cheap to me.

The best parts were Adama and Roslin. Both of them were badasses in this episode. It was so fun seeing Gaeta squeal.
Old February 7 2009, 05:27 AM   #64
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Brent wrote: View Post
You've gotta be kidding

everyone's future hinges on this alliance of humans and Cylons, their fate is to come together and stop fighting, only then can they prosper in the future IMO

I think he joined just to be a troll.
Old February 7 2009, 05:27 AM   #65
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

You've gotta be kidding

Quite.

After tonight, support for Zarek equals support for mass murder.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old February 7 2009, 05:28 AM   #66
0 of ln(kirk^3)
Lieutenant Junior Grade

You've gotta be kidding

Yeah! He added to the overall drama while doing the colonies a favor by taking charge (unlike that coward Adama).
Old February 7 2009, 05:28 AM   #67
Samson88B
Lieutenant Commander

DontFeedPhil wrote: View Post
So what was up with the claw marks in the engine room after the jump was avoided? was there a dragon down there?

I voted Excrement! If there was a vote higher that that Id vote for it. Just based on the final 5 seconds alone...
That was definately a interesting part. Remined me of Jurassic Park III. I am really interested to find out what happened there,

I know the enemy is suppose to be the cylons and this is BSG so I don't think there would be any kind of weirdness, but the only thing that comes to my mind is some type of entity - the one that can't be seen. I'm sure they will write this out in some sort of way where those marks are not "scratches". Those marks are important to the storyline.

Really looking forward to next week. The return of Tigh's wife seems a little to easy. I hope there is a good expanation of how she was able to return. Really looking forward to next week.

Last edited by Samson88B; February 7 2009 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Added information/typo
Old February 7 2009, 05:29 AM   #68
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

You've gotta be kidding

Yeah! He added to the overall drama while doing the colonies a favor by taking charge (unlike that coward Adama).
it was a favor to kill the quorum? wtf

Adama a coward? wtf

Old February 7 2009, 05:29 AM   #69
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

Babaganoosh wrote: View Post
You've gotta be kidding

Quite.

Whereas before tonight, only support for the Cylons equalled support for mass murder. Parity!
Old February 7 2009, 05:30 AM   #70
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
As for this one, Above Average. It was good, and a pretty satisfying conclusion, but I think I was expecting a little more...something. Would have been nice if Zarek wasn't killed by Firing squad, but took a bullet in the back of the head or something. I was fine with Gaeta getting it that way though.

I was hoping that Gaeta would shot Zarek when Adama came back into power. Gaeta had some good points and Zarek just liked killing people.
Old February 7 2009, 05:30 AM   #71
0 of ln(kirk^3)
Lieutenant Junior Grade

You've gotta be kidding

Adama a coward? wtf
Anyone who doesn't stand up to the Cylons is a coward, including the cowards in the quorum.

Long live humanity!
Old February 7 2009, 05:30 AM   #72
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral

View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead

Things are looking bleak, I have to admit, but I still think the resistance is going to pull this one through. Enjoy sitting on your thrones while you can Adama & Roslin!

Pro-Zombie Zarek/Undead Gaeta!
Old February 7 2009, 05:32 AM   #73
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile

Starship Polaris wrote: View Post
Babaganoosh wrote: View Post

You've gotta be kidding

Quite.

Whereas before tonight, only support for the Cylons equalled support for mass murder. Parity!
The Cylons have proven that they can change. Zarek gets no such leeway.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old February 7 2009, 05:32 AM   #74
Brent
Admiral

Adama a coward? wtf
Anyone who doesn't stand up to the Cylons is a coward, including the cowards in the quorum.

Long live humanity!
Unless we are all Cylons, a current theory since everyone on Earth was Cylon.

I think there is more about us that is alike than different between the Cylons and "Humans" Especially with the final 5, they seem more human than even the other Cylons.

Old February 7 2009, 05:32 AM   #75
Robert Maxwell
Not Your Toy

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell

Excellent!

I was pretty sure Zarek would buy it in the end. Wasn't sure about Gaeta. But Adama was true to his word: no amnesty, no forgiveness.

I'm glad there was some complexity in the mutiny, too. Not everyone was completely behind it. Some changed sides. They all had their own reasons. In Kelly's case, it seems his heart tends to get the best of him--hatred for Baltar drove him to plant bombs, and loyalty to the Old Man got him to give up on the mutiny.

I hope Anders made it, but I have my doubts. Helo's not in the best shape, either.

And that is some serious metal fatigue in the bowels of Galactica. She's not long for this world.

I guess Laura and Bill won't have a lot of resistance to anything at this point, and I can imagine the ship captains are about ready to just shut the hell up and go with the flow. They'll be pretty cowed once they learn their beloved Zarek massacred the Quorum and tried to assassinate the legitimate President and overthrow the military.

Can't wait for next week!