Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 4 2009, 05:34 AM   #121
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

Re: Christian Bale Loses it on Terminator set

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Nobody deserves to be treated like that at work. That's unprofessional bull shit. Bale's a piece of prima donna garbage. Because he's the "star" he gets to screech like an animal throwing profanities? The hell with him. I've been on the receiving end of that from my boos and it isn't right. It makes you feel sub human. I hope Bale falls crotch first on to a lube rack.
Mind if I print and laminate this post? Although I don't wish Bale ill will, I must say I'm somewhat sickened by all this "anal worship" by the fans who would go through great lengths to defend what he said and did. And since somebody doesn't like my rolleyes, I'll use this instead.
Old February 4 2009, 05:42 AM   #122
Klaus
Rear Admiral

View Klaus's Twitter Profile

The DP should have spat in his face.
Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 05:49 AM   #123
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

Print and laminate away, Drone. How anyone could defend the behavior is beyond me. Like anyone here wouldn't punch a co-worker in the face who unloaded on them like that in front of God and everybody.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 06:02 AM   #124
Admiral James Kirk
Writer

I've had three experiences like that in my life... The first was quasi-show business related... I say quasi because it was just cable access bullshit that I volunteered for as a teenager. This dickhead would be director was "directing" this... AHEM... action scene where the actors would come charging over a hill, stop, aim and fire a fuckin machine gun... Of course he only had one machine gun so these actors had to come over the hill one at a fuckin time... None of em ever in the same shot together... Stand on the exact same mark the others stood on and then shoot into the exact same spot... I... I can barely call it action but... I was one of those guys... The thing was that the fucker didn't tell me where my mark was... Where my target was... Or how to fire the fucking machine gun... So I charge over the hill... stop suddenly... kind of look around like a goony putz and then fire the gun... Suddenly... "CUT! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NEVER! EVER! LOOK! AT! THE! FUCKIN! CAMERA! YOU FIRED AT THE WRONG PLACE! YOU STOPPED TWO FEET TO THE RIGHT OF YOUR MARK! YOU RUINED THE SHOT! WE HAFT DO IT AGAIN! FUCK! WE'RE GONNA RUN OUT OF FUCKIN BLANKS! FUCK!" And then the fuck told me where I was supposed to stand and look and shoot... Not one fucking apology for that shit. Not one! Got dressed down in front of thirty people... No pay because it was a no budget thing... Wouldn't have been worth it for any money...

The second time this sort of thing happened was in the work place... I was about twenty, in college, working for a contract security job. Easy enough work. Except... The place where I was working had a another contracting company that managed the building and business within. The security people worked in tandem with the management people but weren't answerable to them. But this one dude... This Ethiopean prick named Hagos (never forget that pricks name... HAGOS) liked to pick on the contract security people. Liked to make shitty comments and give them orders... I was younger and he loved to goad me. Yell at me in front of people... I by and large had a pretty thick skin back then so I ignored him... But he finally grated my cheese one too many times and in the privacy of the office I made it clear that I didn't answer to him and he better back off. I started to walk out the door and he made some comment (I don't remember what it was) and I turned screamed "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY TO ME?" and charged across the room and leaped over the desk and tried to rip his afro right the fuck out of his skull. Luckily one of the management people and one of the security people hauled my ass off of the guy and pulled me out of the office. They cooled me down. Hago walked out of the office a few minutes later and went to the mens room a patch of wet gleaming on the front of his khakis.

FUCKING BEAUTIFUL DAY!

The third time was a couple years back. I asked this supervisor of mine a question that she felt I should know the answer to despite the fuck that I was never trained on it and she screamed at me in front of twenty people. I didn't respond. I just went to the payphone, called in sick the rest of the day and went across town and applied for another job that started the following monday. All I had to do was call in sick the rest of the week until my new jobs started so I'd have a fat paycheck.

I have to say that being a stupid bitch that day was the best thing that whore coulda done for me.

Personally... I hope that one day someone gives Bale a nice big pop in the nose. Pay him back for tongue lashing the DP and beating his mother. Brilliant actor but a prick.
Admiral James Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 07:51 AM   #125
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi

Bale is a dick, but as an actor who has been on both sides of that situation It doesn't really sound that extraordinary. I had a director keep me behind after a show for a 20 minute tongue-lashing because someone threw a jacket over the top of my mask and I had to go on without it.

This guy was apparently constantly fiddling with the lights and had been asked multiple times to stop and kept doing it. When you have been working 14 hour days for a week straight, and some douchebag is wiggling a light in your face while you try to perform after several takes where you had already asked him to stop, an outburst like that isn't all that unexpected.

Still douchey mind you, still a dick move to carry on like that once your point is already made, but most people involved in these productions understand that pressure always runs high on a set and it isn't personal no matter how nasty the shouting gets.

Bale may be a dick, but he is a sympathetic dick in this case at least. And they apparently made up months ago so this is a complete non-story started by someone who apparently has it out for Bale.

And he didn't beat his mom, shut the fuck up.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 08:08 AM   #126
Spaceman Spiff
Intrepid Explorer

Drone36929 wrote: View Post
Spaceman Spiff wrote: View Post
It has nothing to do with him being "teh Batman." If he and the DP have made amends and consider it all water under the bridge, then the story is over.

Spare me your "OMG"s and rolleyes.
Oh, have they now. The way many people see it, the story isn't over. It's just starting. That incident says a lot about Bale's character. To me, he's an asshole, but he can be a damned fine actor, too. So I'm not going to boycott his movies just yet.
Heaven forbid you actually put your money where your mouth is. You and Dorian can enjoy your empty gestures, I guess. "Good to know you guys have made up and everything, but just so you know, THE INTERNET DISAPPROVES!"

Pat yourselves on the back for wagging a finger at an incident you had no part of, even if everyone involved has mended fences.

What Venardhi says is correct; this is a non-story cranked out months after the incident was over and forgiven by all involved.
Old February 4 2009, 08:18 AM   #127
nx1701g
Admiral

I honestly think that this may have come out to get some attention to the film (rumor is we're getting a new trailer in a few weeks). It was leaked by the insurance company for the film after all.
Old February 4 2009, 08:20 AM   #128
Spaceman Spiff
Intrepid Explorer

I wouldn't be surprised one bit.
Old February 4 2009, 08:25 AM   #129
Tim
Vice Admiral

Especially since what I hear is that the word on the street for T4 isn't good.
Old February 4 2009, 08:34 AM   #130
RoJoHen
Awesome

What Venardhi says is correct; this is a non-story cranked out months after the incident was over and forgiven by all involved.
Doesn't make listening to it any less hilarious. There are just so many good quotes!
Old February 4 2009, 08:38 AM   #131
Spaceman Spiff
Intrepid Explorer

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Doesn't make listening to it any less hilarious. There are just so many good quotes!
Oh yeah, there's no denying that. And the remix is great.
Old February 4 2009, 09:29 AM   #132
Gatekeeper
Commodore

Sure, we all have bad days at work now and then — but I guarantee you, folks, that if I or any of you did what Christian Bale did, we'd be fired on the spot and probably subject to a lawsuit or two of our own.

Bale's actions are highly disappointing. Yeah, we're all human, but some us sure seem hellbent on lowering bar more than necessary.

Gatekeeper
Old February 4 2009, 09:53 AM   #133
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

All of this moral outrage reminds me of this famous line from Casablanca
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!
Grow up people! You can't really be surprised that this type of behavior goes on on Hollywood sets all the time??? Are you??? Even outside of Hollywood. People do unprofessional stuff all the time and get away with it. Particularly when they are seen as irreplaceable. Whether its government or in the private section. It happens!!! People justify bad behavoir all the time.
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 11:54 AM   #134
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

Gatekeeper wrote: View Post
Sure, we all have bad days at work now and then — but I guarantee you, folks, that if I or any of you did what Christian Bale did, we'd be fired on the spot and probably subject to a lawsuit or two of our own.
Well, the analogy is not really correct. Bale in this case is more like the boss in your work.
You could sue the boss if he acted like that but it is unlikely the boss would be fired.

Or maybe you wouldn't sue because you need the job or maybe the boss would later recognize his mistake and apologize.

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4 2009, 12:06 PM   #135
Frontier
Vice Admiral

View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier

Kelso wrote: View Post
I didn't see anyone post this. Apologies if I missed it...

REALITY behind the clip (according to AICN)
See, this needs to be reported too.

I mean, if the DP was really being a pain in the ass, was doing something deemed bad form, and doing it during an intense scene, after being warned not to do it? Fuck him!

But I guess the whole story isn't as entertaining.

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote