RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 135,677
Members: 24,202
Currently online: 793
Newest member: wendelcarree

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old February 3 2009, 07:10 AM   #76
the_wildcard
Rear Admiral

Re: Christian Bale Loses it on Terminator set

I agree as well. Should he have lost is temper? No. But you know what? People always do things they aren't supposed to do.

You know, there are alot of circumstances around his outburst that are unknown but would sure help cast a better light. For example, what time was this outburst? I mean if it was after a 14 hour shooting day at 4 am in the morning, you are tired and dirty and trying to film a serious scene then I would be surprised if he didn't get angry in some way.
the_wildcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 07:27 AM   #77
Spaceman Spiff
Intrepid Explorer

If the DP has forgiven him, then get the fuck over it, Internet.
Old February 3 2009, 07:28 AM   #78
Skywalker
Admiral

Spaceman Spiff wrote: View Post
If the DP has forgiven him, then get the fuck over it, Internet.
But celebrities are supposed to be paragons of virtue!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 08:58 AM   #79
Gryffindorian
Vice Admiral

OMG ... Why do some people think this actor can do no wrong just because "he is teh Batman"? Everyone has had bad days at work--police officers, actors, doctors, engineers, teachers, firefighters, lawyers, producers, waitresses, sales reps, customer-service reps, secretaries--and everyone has every right to be angry. But Bale's outburst was uncalled for, over-the-top, and unnecessary. I'm not saying the Director of Photography was not at fault; sure, he was careless, but Bale's reaction bordered on juvenile and psychotic. I think he's a fine actor (a fucking hot one I'd fantasize with), but the man needs to take an anger management class.
Old February 3 2009, 09:10 AM   #80
Spaceman Spiff
Intrepid Explorer

It has nothing to do with him being "teh Batman." If he and the DP have made amends and consider it all water under the bridge, then the story is over.

Spare me your "OMG"s and rolleyes.
Old February 3 2009, 09:19 AM   #81
RoJoHen
Awesome

Spaceman Spiff wrote: View Post
Spare me your "OMG"s and rolleyes.
Not sure why, but this is just awesome to me.
Old February 3 2009, 01:51 PM   #82
nx1701g
Admiral

It's one of the top stories on Today. Apparently this was leaked by the insurance company.

Not Dead Yet.
nx1701g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 01:58 PM   #83
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

That was funny
I wouldn't want to be the DP guy

Oh well, everybody loses it and gets super angry sometimes, especially after long and difficult work days.
He overreacted and was an dick for sure, but if the DP and Bale have moved on so should everyone else.

But I guess the urge to trash celebrities is too great for the internet people to overcome.
SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 02:51 PM   #84
FreezeC77
Commodore

Bale over-reacted and as was pointed out some shit was going on in his life. Was he justified in being pissed off? Maybe. I don't know the situation. Was he justified in going to the length and extremes he went to? No.

I don't see why this thing is a big deal. I'm sure everyone has been in situations at work where someone just goes nuclear. Maybe it was even yourself. People bring baggage with them and someone just sets you off and then it goes.

As someone who has a temper I've always tried (and actually have succeeded) in not having that happen at work. There's been a few times when a tiny bit has leaked out, but for the most part though.

If I was able to be the most important person where I worked which is pretty much what Bale is on every movie and not have to worry about a paycheck or anything. I would probably be a friggin enormous jackass to people though...
FreezeC77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 03:21 PM   #85
Ethros
Vice Admiral

sidious618 wrote: View Post
This is my favorite version of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48

Oh my god, that is amazing

sidious618 wrote: View Post
That was one bad weekend for him. I love the guy, though, and in a perverse way this just makes me love him more.
Same here. The guy easily deserved an Oscar for his performance in American Psycho, one of the best I've ever seen. Love him
Ethros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 03:52 PM   #86
QuasarVM
Fleet Captain

Some actors and some musicians just need to shut the F*$# up -- and PERFORM!

It's getting to where I don't want to watch or listen to any of them because they are such jerks in public.
QuasarVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 04:04 PM   #87
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Do people get this worked up every time an AV component is added to a piece of really old news?
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3 2009, 04:07 PM   #88
God Magnus
Commodore

View God Magnus's Twitter Profile

Frontier wrote: View Post
He's human. He makes mistakes. He has bad days. Not much else to see here.
Absolutely. I agree that his actions were unprofessional and juvenile, but we all have bad days where we commit actions we regret later. It's part of life, and if he and the DP have settled things, then that should be the end of it IMO.
Old February 3 2009, 04:31 PM   #89
stj
Rear Admiral

Carrying on like that for the sake of Terminator: Salvation is past ridiculous. It's like a mother screaming for ten minutes at a child for coloring outside the lines.
Old February 3 2009, 04:39 PM   #90
Saul
Rear Admiral

Broccoli wrote: View Post
You know, if I don't know who the DP was, whether he was experienced in the field or not, but if I was him and I felt like I had nothing to lose, I would have done one of two things:

1) Goad Bale in physically hitting me, but do it in a way that doesn't obviously seem like I'm goading (like saying calmly, "Okay, just relax" or "Calm down" or "Chill out" or "No need to flip"). Then I can sue him to no end.

2) Listen to him tear me a new one and then, when they start filming, intentionally walk into the shot again. Would probably get canned, but, like I said if I had nothing to lose, it would totally be worth it.

You make a good point here. The DP could be an utter dick of a person that rubs people the wrong way again and again. Some people are fucking morons and when someone loses their cool over their incompetence it's the person who loses their cool that looks like the bad guy, not the actual dumb ass who lives to piss off other people.

All we heard was Bale ranting. We didn't see why or see everything that lead up to this. So I'd let the guy be.

As it goes on it's almost funny.