Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 216 82.44%
Above Average 34 12.98%
Average 8 3.05%
Below Average 2 0.76%
Poor 2 0.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 31 2009, 04:17 AM   #31
Quantum
Captain

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x13: "The Oath"

DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Adama and Roslin did NOT mislead the public. They've kept them alive for over four years.

I'll post more of my thoughts later.
BS, At first Adama told the fleet about Earth and that he knew how to get there. That statment was untrue.
Old January 31 2009, 05:01 AM   #32
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

Excellent. Absolutely intense from start to finish. This is one I may just have to watch again before next week (which absolutely cannot come soon enough.) I'm loving this show right now perhaps more than I ever have.
Old January 31 2009, 05:01 AM   #33
USS Gettysburg
Captain

What a frakin good episode. OMG.
Old January 31 2009, 05:04 AM   #34
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

Frakking Excellent.

Felix is such a little bitch. I've never rooted for someone to get shot more than I'm rooting for someone to shoot him.

This episode was just tough. It had all kinds of nutsack about it. I don't wanna wait till next week. I wanna find out what happens with Bill and Saul now.

One thing confused me a little though. Was that Eight who was flying the President's raptor some generic Eight or was it Athena? If so, who the hell let her out of the brig?
Old January 31 2009, 05:04 AM   #35
DarthPipes
Vice Admiral

Frakking excellent. That was an amazing episode. Only Galactica would have the guts to do a story like that.

Kudos for Alessandro Juliani performance tonight. I thought he was excellent and probably the standout. Great scene too where Adama is removed from command.

I think if we all lost what the Galactica crew has lost, we'd all have a much different opinion as to what is going on here. That being said, the human race is dying and if they have to rely on the Cylons to stay alive, you do what you can to try and stay alive.
Old January 31 2009, 05:06 AM   #36
USS Gettysburg
Captain

Dang, can't get over how good that was. Such an evolution for Gaeta. It is amazing to really think about his entire storyline and what led up to all of this. FRAKING BRILLIANT.
Old January 31 2009, 05:07 AM   #37
Agent Richard07
Retired

That was intense. It was also an easy excellent about 17 minutes into the show. You people were right. Last week's episode was a build-up to something great.

Now for a few points and observations...

- I've been watching a new show called Lie to Me. It's about a team of investigators who use facial cues to detect lies and while watching that show, I feel like I've learned a thing or two. Well, When Baltar told one of his concubines that he didn't want to leave her, I noticed a brief and subtle facial cue that suggested that he was lying. I thought that was interesting. Good on James Callis for that.

- Watching Bill and Laura kiss in front of everyone was just as intense as the action going on.

- I know our people will be back next week, but while watching, I could really believe that everyone was screwed big time. This is the kind of episode that the show's detractor's should watch. I think this was one of BSG's finest hours.
Old January 31 2009, 05:09 AM   #38
nx1701g
Admiral

Quantum wrote: View Post
DarthPipes wrote: View Post
Adama and Roslin did NOT mislead the public. They've kept them alive for over four years.

BS, At first Adama told the fleet about Earth and that he knew how to get there. That statment was untrue.
Yeah, but as Adama said in the mini he had to give the people something to believe in otherwise they would shut down. Just look at the season premiere for an example.
Old January 31 2009, 05:10 AM   #39
USS Gettysburg
Captain

Originally Posted by Quantum
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthPipes

Yeah, but as Adama said in the mini he had to give the people something to believe in otherwise they would shut down. Just look at the season premiere for an example.
Blah, Blah, Blah... Just say it was fraking awesome!
Old January 31 2009, 05:10 AM   #40
Vampire Kirk
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Excellent, the best episode so far this season.
Old January 31 2009, 05:15 AM   #41
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

A truly intense episode of the show, easily one of the best of the season.

The Evil Dead wrote: View Post
I'm calling it now, next week's episode, Alessandro Juliani and Richard Hatch get top billing in the credits.
That would be really awesome, though I assume that Olmos' and McDonnell's contracts require them to get top billing.

Old January 31 2009, 05:16 AM   #42
scotthm
Rear Admiral

DeafPoet wrote: View Post
One thing confused me a little though. Was that Eight who was flying the President's raptor some generic Eight or was it Athena?
Who do you think flew the raptor over from the basestar? It was an Eight from over there.

---------------
Old January 31 2009, 05:16 AM   #43
nx1701g
Admiral

I'm wondering if - as the promo said - Tigh really is dead. That could explain why the Cylons are so willing to go back to war and let Roslin essentially be in command.
Old January 31 2009, 05:16 AM   #44
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice

Excellent! Except for that damned "to be continued" at the end...

I don't think that Eight was Athena, because none of the other captured Cylons were there. I suspect they are still locked up, since we haven't seen them get out.

I'm glad they acknowledged that much of Gaeta's force consisted of Pegasus survivors. It makes sense in a lot of ways. Too bad Laird was brought back just to get wrenched by Tom Zarek, though. But bringing back memories of the Pegasus arc can only be a good thing, in my opinion.

Good to finally see Laura get off her ass and do something again. Seems like she needed an immediate crisis to stoke her sense of urgency.

The whole episode was very good, and I liked that the time was noted at intervals. Will they be calling this the "Four-Hour Revolution"? Heh.

The saddest thing about all of this is that nobody wants to be working with the Cylons, yet the Gaeta/Zarek coup seems to work on the assumption that their interests have been sold out by Roslin/Adama. It was a practical decision, and in any case, they aren't allied with the entire Cylon race, just a group of rebels on an undermanned, heavily-damaged, human-occupied baseship. Not exactly a lethal threat, but it would be stupid of the Colonials not to take advantage of what the Cylons are offering.

Maybe next week we'll get to see who is de facto leading the rebels nowadays, since Natalie and D'Anna are both out of the picture. Kind of funny that Our Heroes will need the help of Cylon rebels to put down a rebellion of their own.
Old January 31 2009, 05:16 AM   #45
startrekwatcher
Rear Admiral

I was lamenting that last week's episode was a tad underwhelmig especially for an episode in the final ten episode stretch of the series(which I still assert is the case even moreso after this outing) but this episode thankfully righted that problem quite nicely. It wasn't quite an excellent but given the other option is Above average I elected to vote Excellent in the poll.

It definitely was an exciting pulse-pounding event episode that hopefully means from here on out we will be treated to a series of episodes that will be as exciting and finally start pulling the series' outstanding threads together. It had the feel of the writers gearing up and pulling out all the stops. If they can capitalize on this I predict we are in for a real treat.

The mutiny itself was wonderfully done. I appreciated the various details. The comm officer is the perfect position to be in on a ship. And while I've been underwhelmed by Baltar's cult it did cough up the contribution of providing the wireless comm for Roslin to deliver her plea to the fleet and you had to love the look on Gaeta's face when Roslin's voice takes over the comm line.

I loved seeing the two old codgers kick the marines' asses quite handily. It was just one of several stand-up and cheer moments along with Roslin re-emerging when so much was on the line. She wasn't about to stand around. I also loved the moment Starbuck comes to save Lee in the hangar bay. For once, her craziness was being channeled in a worthwhile way towards the mutineers rather than into some melodramatic angst.

For a minute, I thought Baltar was calling Gaeta to make a deal--his life for ratting out Adama, Roslin et al. Afterall, in an earlier scene he was so consumed by concern for his well-being, rightly so given his collaboration on New Caprica with the Cylons, that he could care less about his followers and was just ready to get the hell out of there.