RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,702
Members: 24,833
Currently online: 437
Newest member: PlainSimplGarak

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade Smallville#8-13: "Power"
SUPERMAN 2 4.55%
Above Average 8 18.18%
Clark Kent 12 27.27%
Below Average 8 18.18%
BIZARRO 14 31.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 30 2009, 09:06 PM   #166
Starwind
Fleet Captain

Re: Smallville#8-13: "Power" Discuss/Grade <SPOILER>

I'm going to watch the end of next week (don't think I could somach the whole thing) to see how it all ENDS. Then forget any of it ever happened.
Old January 30 2009, 09:07 PM   #167
Zachary Smith
Vice Admiral

Gojirob wrote: View Post
Next week on Smallville : Ioalus dies, The Source is resurrected, Frank Burns gets paranoid and screws up an operation, Harriet Oleson meddles and gossips, a new Death Star is built, Picard apologizes for Bad Humanity, Eric gets set up by Donna, Hyde and the others, and Megan gets the better of Drake and Josh. All of these shocking twist surprises are revealed to be merely part of Apocalypse's master plan.

Also, our new theme song : "You go back-Jack-do it again; Wheels turning round and round..."

You forgot to mention that the Castaways plans for escaping the island are ruined by a screw-up caused by Gilligan!

My favorite TV show is "Cool Hand Luke Skywalker--Texas Ranger". The best episode is the one where he fights Samantha's wacky Sith Lord Uncle, Darth Arthur . . ."
Zachary Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2009, 09:23 PM   #168
blockaderunner
Rear Admiral

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
damn that crappy teeny bopper music

this is like some youtube fan girl video

Someone at the CW must have broken into the petty cash vault to by one more teny bopper song to cap off the show. And here I thought that was a thing of the past.
If God is willing but not able to prevent evil, he is not omnipotent. If he is able but not willing, then he is malevolent. If he is willing and able, then whence come evil? If he is neither willing nor able, then why call him God?
blockaderunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2009, 12:53 AM   #169
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

I kinda liked it. Above Average. They had some nice ret-coning going on there, but I like how they played with one of the huge "wtf" moments with how the hell did Lana get a camera and make a video so damn quick from waking up after a coma.
Old January 31 2009, 01:42 AM   #170
the Dagman
Commodore

Broccoli wrote: View Post
I kinda liked it. Above Average. They had some nice ret-coning going on there, but I like how they played with one of the huge "wtf" moments with how the hell did Lana get a camera and make a video so damn quick from waking up after a coma.
It really didn't need explaining. A lot of personal computers come equipped with cameras these days and DVD burners are pretty common and cheap. My iMac has it all built-in right off the shelf, software and all, and it is three years old. It didn't stretch my imagination to think that there was a computer there at the asylum somewhere that was able to do the same. Hardly a "huge 'wtf' moment". For me it was more of a "She's gone! She's gone! Ya-hooo! She's finally gone!" moment. Particularly with Lois walking in right after Clark first watched it and he fell right into her arms.
Old January 31 2009, 02:44 AM   #171
Procutus
Admiral

the Dagman wrote: View Post

For me it was more of a "She's gone! She's gone! Ya-hooo! She's finally gone!" moment. Particularly with Lois walking in right after Clark first watched it and he fell right into her arms.

Yeah, that was a great moment, wasn't it? I think that I actually began to really like Lois at that point.

I just can't believe what a huge step backwards this is for the overall story, and that the new showrunners can't see that. Couldn't they have just paid KK for those five eps and let her sit them out, the same way they did with Glover?
Old January 31 2009, 02:48 AM   #172
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, Lana/KK needs to go away real damn soon. People here seem to pretty universaly agree her arc last night set this series back, a LOT.

TWOP's take on it.
Old January 31 2009, 04:14 AM   #173
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

I didn't mind this episode, for some reason. I kinda liked the flashback structure and the Chun Li Kwai Chang Kane Remo Williams Super Lana story worked for me on its own terms, sad to say she's more interesting than cosmic milquetoast Clark lately.

Really though if Lex was working on a super "suit" shouldn't it be green and purple?
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2009, 04:48 AM   #174
Aragorn
Admiral

nx1701g wrote: View Post
"You've been reading too many comic books."

Another jab at Smallville fans?
The thing about it is... Smallville can take shots at their fans on the basis of them being Smallville fans!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2009, 06:43 AM   #175
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I will say the retcon explaination of what happened to Lana over the last seven months was pretty interesting but as I stated in another post totally unneccessary. The way things ended last season with Lana leaving Smallville to go do her own thing and leaving Clark her infamous breakup video was great. I have found it amusing that they've forced all these new martial arts moves on Lana thanks to Kristen's role in Street Fighter. I wonder if that was one of the stipulations of her even agreeing to do do more episodes was them "promoting" or hinting at Street Fighter. Certinally Smallville fans would be aware of her role as Chung Li.

I've been a big proponent of the series ending this season as well. I'm curious if CW will give them a ninth season and what their plans will be. I assume that Doomsday will be dealt with at the end of the season. Unless they do a 24 and suddenly introduce another plot which would be meaningless. Didn't I read somewhere a few that Tom was in neotigations for a ninth season?

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2009, 04:33 PM   #176
Broccoli
Vice Admiral

the Dagman wrote: View Post
It really didn't need explaining. A lot of personal computers come equipped with cameras these days and DVD burners are pretty common and cheap. My iMac has it all built-in right off the shelf, software and all, and it is three years old. It didn't stretch my imagination to think that there was a computer there at the asylum somewhere that was able to do the same. Hardly a "huge 'wtf' moment". For me it was more of a "She's gone! She's gone! Ya-hooo! She's finally gone!" moment. Particularly with Lois walking in right after Clark first watched it and he fell right into her arms.
Okay, yeah, I get you. Even still. The fact that she woke from a coma and with the implication that she woke, made a video, and completely high tailed it out of town within a day's time really stretched credibility. Then again, I thought, "Hey, this is Smallville. Run with it."

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
Really though if Lex was working on a super "suit" shouldn't it be green and purple?
Haha! I totally was thinking the same thing!

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I will say the retcon explaination of what happened to Lana over the last seven months was pretty interesting but as I stated in another post totally unneccessary. The way things ended last season with Lana leaving Smallville to go do her own thing and leaving Clark her infamous breakup video was great. I have found it amusing that they've forced all these new martial arts moves on Lana thanks to Kristen's role in Street Fighter. I wonder if that was one of the stipulations of her even agreeing to do do more episodes was them "promoting" or hinting at Street Fighter. Certinally Smallville fans would be aware of her role as Chung Li.
I just thought it was more of the random Lana-Fu we've seen over the past 8 years.

I've been a big proponent of the series ending this season as well. I'm curious if CW will give them a ninth season and what their plans will be. I assume that Doomsday will be dealt with at the end of the season. Unless they do a 24 and suddenly introduce another plot which would be meaningless. Didn't I read somewhere a few that Tom was in neotigations for a ninth season?
Kryptonsite has reported that a ninth season is all, but a done deal. I'm guessing there will be an announcement one way or another within the next few weeks.
Old January 31 2009, 07:21 PM   #177
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

[
I just thought it was more of the random Lana-Fu we've seen over the past 8 years.
True, it's not like Lana Fu is an unprecedented development.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2009, 08:42 PM   #178
TGTheodore
Writer

Mr. Adventure wrote: View Post
[
True, it's not like Lana Fu is an unprecedented development.
I don't know ... I think "Kung Lang" is a catchier label ...

--Ted
Old January 31 2009, 08:49 PM   #179
Jean-Luc Picard
Lieutenant

7 out of 10.

I'm not keen on Lana having powers at all, but I'm hoping that storyline's resolution in "Requiem" will be satisfying. I can understand her motivations, and the flashback sequences were great, but she should - in my opinion - never have been successful in getting abilities. Then again, I don't know what PS3 have planned for the general narrative, so I can't judge at this point.

However, I can't help but feel disappointed. Just when Lana is being portrayed as a strong character independent of Clark, they make her Super-Lana and throw her back into Clana. All I can say is: BRING ON LOIS! I can't wait until she's back
Jean-Luc Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31 2009, 08:58 PM   #180
Aragorn
Admiral

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
I assume that Doomsday will be dealt with at the end of the season.
Do you think the writers would be able to squeeze in a 30-second fight in the season finale where Clark pushes Doomsday and that's the end?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote