Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade Smallville#8-13: "Power"
SUPERMAN 2 4.55%
Above Average 8 18.18%
Clark Kent 12 27.27%
Below Average 8 18.18%
BIZARRO 14 31.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 30 2009, 03:10 AM   #136
highlander
Fleet Captain

View highlander's Twitter Profile
Re: Smallville#8-13: "Power" Discuss/Grade <SPOILER>

I gave it a Clark Kent. I miss Lois. Lana is OK but really we had some movement going this season. Now we are all angsty again. I need a shower.
Old January 30 2009, 03:11 AM   #137
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

nx1701g wrote: View Post
So who will be the first BIZARRO of the night?
I ALMOST did it, but decided to go ahead and give it Below Average since Allison directed. I was right on the verge though.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2009, 03:13 AM   #138
Procutus
Admiral

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post

Looks like Lana will sacrifice herself and lose her powers

We can hope.

Man, I have to admit that this ep was a bit of a major disappointed. It was bad enough that it had a somewhat convoluted plot, but the return of Clana has me want to throw heavy objects at our TV, not to mention the fact I feel the need to toss my cookies.

Bring back Doomsday. Please.

I don't even know how to vote on this mish-mash of an ep.
Old January 30 2009, 03:15 AM   #139
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

I feel bad for Allison having this episode to debut her directing, it was a bad ep

Would have been neat if Allison had directed last weeks episode instead, she deserves better than this

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2009, 03:16 AM   #140
Othello
Commodore

Excellent epsosode. We don't know that they are the exact same powers. We know of two. Super speed and the invulnerability. Anyways.. off to teh Supernatual thread....
Othello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2009, 03:22 AM   #141
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Procutus wrote: View Post
Samurai8472 wrote: View Post

Looks like Lana will sacrifice herself and lose her powers
We can hope.

Man, I have to admit that this ep was a bit of a major disappointed. It was bad enough that it had a somewhat convoluted plot, but the return of Clana has me want to throw heavy objects at our TV, not to mention the fact I feel the need to toss my cookies.

Bring back Doomsday. Please.

I don't even know how to vote on this mish-mash of an ep.
I think she'll lose the lano suit and at the end she'll say "The suit is destroyed and we'll never be able to recreate it yadda yadda yadda"

We should have an option on the vote like

"Its so bad you want Superboy to ret con punch it"
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2009, 04:16 AM   #142
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Othello wrote: View Post
Was waiting for a hot lesbo kis between Tess and Lana......
Yeah, I was so amazed when they didn't kiss. Every scene those two are in together seems to end with them on the verge of kissing.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2009, 04:18 AM   #143
CorporalClegg
Vice Admiral

So did Milfred lay siege to Smallville headquarters and take over the place? This episode seemed like someone reached deep into their colossal bag of festering shit and pulled out the script. God that was awful.

So Kreuk comes back and so far there's been a couple of "Mehs" and this garbage. Coincidence?

What I don't get is, the episode was titled "Power," so does that mean Lana is supposed to be Power Girl? Cuz to have Lana as Power Girl, and Kara on the show is just, well, stupid.

I hope she does lose her powers next week, and goes away ... for good.
Old January 30 2009, 04:43 AM   #144
DontFeedPhil
Fleet Captain

Othello wrote: View Post
Tess looked hot with blood on her face.....
Actually she looked kinda fat with that double chine and chubby cheeks. That and I CANT WAIT for these stupid Clana episodes to be over with. Kristen is easily the worst actor-actress on the show. And thats saying alot. The hair cutting bit was STUPID. No one can cut their hair with a razor blade or whatever that was in a truckstop bathroom and turn around looking like they stepped out of a Vidall Sassoon commercial...And umm yeah shes gonna kick the crap out of anyone she comes up against? Thuggs, Mrs Tits-smacker it doesnt matter. Even without the suit shes as strong as Schlark...
And Schlark goes from demanding to pleading in 5 seconds. DUMB.
This show needs to be cancelled. Or atleast wrapp it up by the end of this season. Having Kristen come back shows how totally out of ideas they are. Besides they are just raping any superman ideas they can without it actually being superman...
You know what. They have had to put the rest of the season on hold just to get Clanas Lame episodes out of the way. I cant stand her and wish they would quit wasting our time with her. EVERYBODY hates her. Even Othello doesnt have anything good to say about that shitfest of an episode. I wish someone at Smallville would print this thread out and have them all read it at a script reading session so they knew the thruth...EVERYONE hates Clana...
DontFeedPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2009, 05:16 AM   #145
Corran Horn
Vice Admiral

Horrible episode. Smallville backslid years in this one.

The ending just capped it as the worst episode of Smallville in a long time.
Old January 30 2009, 05:55 AM   #146
Dick Whitman
Fleet Captain

So I have this saved in my DVR. I have not watched it yet. Should I just save myself the pain and just delete it?
Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2009, 05:59 AM   #147
LaxScrutiny
Commodore

The entire Lana arc has been ridiculous and pointless.

End of last season she was gone, with decent reason, and Clark moved on.

This has put us back 2 seasons at least, and for what? What plot point has been wrapped up? None, there was no Project Prometheus we were wondering about.

What character arc had been left hanging that we needed wrapped up? None, Lana had grown and moved on and so had Clark.

The stupid thing is, by pushing Clark back to an adolescent crush, they destroy what character growth they had given him, and in one or two episodes they won't be able to believably retcon him into an adult.

Meanwhile he has totally betrayed the mature emotions he had been developing with Lois and how can he with any seriousness get back to where they were a few episodes ago?

They were a hairsbreadth away from being exactly where they should have been to wrap up the series with cudos all around, and they have destroyed it in one short arc.

Wow.

If that wasn't bad enough, Clark needs to learn (again) that he isn't God, he shouldn't be controlling people's lives, they have a right to make their own decisions even if he disagrees, and Chloe doesn't betray him by having other relationships that include loyalty. He is being a child, and again here he is regressing several seasons.

This is like a bold statement from the new producers that it was never Gough and Miller who were driving us crazy with endless Clana all these years, there's someone upstairs who thinks these are good stories and is holding a gun to the writer's heads.

Tess is not a good villian. She is has no ambiguity like Lex, Lional and even Dark Lana from last season. It is a joke to see her kick a man to death in one scene, and then have Lana come in and try to talk her out of going down the dark path. Tess has always been down the dark path, and she does pretty much nothing but assault and murder people, and threaten her minions.

If we have to have Clana, then we would be better off with Gough and Miller, who could write excellent villians.
LaxScrutiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2009, 06:57 AM   #148
the Dagman
Commodore

BIZARRO!

Yes, that was me. I did it. This was an hour of everything I didn't want to see and had thought we had moved past with this season. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing Kreuk will only be around for one more episode. After next week she is gone. And frankly, I really hope they kill her off. That way they can send Clark spiraling down his emotional rollercoaster and then bring back Lois to rescue him. Although I did laugh at the line: "Aww, poor little me. Let me guess how long you've felt sorry for yourself. Your whole life?" Nailed it!

Oh and one more thing: Tess = Stompy 2.0
Old January 30 2009, 07:19 AM   #149
Zachary Smith
Vice Admiral

Such a lame throwback it got me thinking they were going to start talking about the caves again . . .

My favorite TV show is "Cool Hand Luke Skywalker--Texas Ranger". The best episode is the one where he fights Samantha's wacky Sith Lord Uncle, Darth Arthur . . ."
Zachary Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30 2009, 07:40 AM   #150
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile

I thought that I already posted tonight but I guess not. This was easily the worst episode of the season so far as I feel like we reverted three seasons into the past. No offense to Kirsten, I don't personally share the views that everyone does about her acting, a lot of convuluted plots and bad writing plays into what she can do as Lana. I'm glad that this is all finally going to be over. I pretty much agree with Lax Scrunity and I don't think that happens all that often . Was the prometheus suit suppossed to be a Smallville version of the purple,green battle suit?

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote