Star Trek Movie Prop Auction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode...
Excellent 40 21.05%
Above Average 84 44.21%
Average 47 24.74%
Below Average 14 7.37%
Poor 5 2.63%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 28 2009, 04:38 PM   #151
Saul
Rear Admiral

Re: Battlestar Galactica 4x12: "A Disquiet Follows My Soul"

Jesus Stewey, long time no see. Welcome back.

I was glad to see people smoking again in this show. Even though I don't smoke it's cool to watch.
Old January 28 2009, 05:33 PM   #152
Stewey
Rear Admiral

Saul wrote: View Post
Jesus Stewey, long time no see. Welcome back.

I was glad to see people smoking again in this show. Even though I don't smoke it's cool to watch.

Cheers Saul, glad to be back.

I'm a smoker myself and I agree with you about the smoking scene, it does kind of add something atmospheric, not just in the literal sense but also in a dramatic sense. Its a breath of fresh air - or smoky air that we see someone on TV that bitch-slaps political correctness, which I think goes way too far in the age we live in today.

"Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin.

Last edited by Stewey; January 28 2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: add a few more words
Old January 28 2009, 06:04 PM   #153
Q2UnME
Commodore

I know it's cold here in North East America, but I think Hell just froze over ... Stewey's back. It's been a long time, Stewey, how 'ya been?

As for the episode, may others have cover this so I'm not going to go on-and-on about how this episode, though good in it's own right, just felt like a set up episode for next week. Geata needs a bitch-slap or an airlock; I'm on the fence right now as to which one. Zarek needs a bullet. The final scene with Adama and Rosilin was handeled well and believable. All in all, a good outing for RDM, but definately felt like a set-up episode in the end.

Q2UnME

Whiskey - Tango - Foxtrot
Old January 28 2009, 06:20 PM   #154
Stewey
Rear Admiral

Q2UnME wrote: View Post
I know it's cold here in North East America, but I think Hell just froze over ... Stewey's back. It's been a long time, Stewey, how 'ya been?

As for the episode, may others have cover this so I'm not going to go on-and-on about how this episode, though good in it's own right, just felt like a set up episode for next week. Geata needs a bitch-slap or an airlock; I'm on the fence right now as to which one. Zarek needs a bullet. The final scene with Adama and Rosilin was handeled well and believable. All in all, a good outing for RDM, but definately felt like a set-up episode in the end.

Q2UnME
Hi Q2UnME, doing just great thanks hope you are too.

What is so good about this particular episode is I feel a bit sympathetic to both sides of the issue surrounding the insurrection - shades of gray and all that really does allow viewers to make their own minds up rather than forcing a particular viewpoint on the viewer.

"Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin.
Old January 28 2009, 07:16 PM   #155
biotech
Vice Admiral

Poor I'm afriad, the only highlight was Starbucks war of words with Geeta, and even that seemed to be lifted from a similar exchange in the wild, wild west.
Old January 28 2009, 07:37 PM   #156
anti-matter
Rear Admiral

First of all welcome back Stewey.

Also by picking Hotdog to watch the baby the Chief imo showing how much he love the child. Back in the day you just didn't leave your 1st born with anyone...even if it was someone you trusted. You left your child with blood.

Keep in mind the Chief has a full plate as the Cylon ambassador without portfolio he has many demands so a good baby sitter is essential.