Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

IDW Publishing March 2015 Comics
By: T'Bonz on Dec 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old January 24 2009, 05:12 AM   #1
Agent Richard07
Retired

I'm disappointed!

For months, I was excited that we were going to get half a season set on Earth, disecting its mythology and everything about it, but it looks like the fleet has moved on already. After all the build-up and anticipation, we got only one episode about Earth and that was it. Something that big should have gotten more. I suppose you could say that we got what we needed, but still, it all feels like it was over too quickly.

I'm still excited though. Maybe we won't get some big exploration of the promised land, but we still have a lot of big issues up in the air and I'm very much looking forward to seeing where it all goes. For now, I'll just have to sit back and enjoy the ride, and who knows, maybe we'll get a surprise.

Speaking of Earth... Poor D'Anna. She was just left there all alone for the rest of her life. I wonder what'll become of her. What a way to go, and what a way to drop a character from the show.
Old January 24 2009, 05:13 AM   #2
Solstice
Sexy Wizard

View Solstice's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Solstice Send a message via AIM to Solstice Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Solstice Send a message via Yahoo to Solstice
Re: I'm disappointed!

Earth was a wreck, and formerly populated with Cylons. Would they really want to stick around? Like a bad memory, I'm sure Adama and Roslin just wanted to forget about it as quickly as possible--and out of sight, out of mind. This week's episode seems to bear that out.
Old January 24 2009, 05:14 AM   #3
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

There isn't anything there for them, no useable soil or animal life or resources, so they had to move on to find a habitable planet. I bet they'll end up going back though at some point, and answers will be given.

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old January 24 2009, 05:15 AM   #4
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Why waste time on a waste land? I too wish they would have stayed longer, and frankly managed the episodes more that they could have less bullshit episodes and more substance, but oh well.

They wanted a new home, Earth wasn't that. They are running low of food and need to hurry to find a new home.

And Three wanted to stay on Earth, did you not see the end of the episode last week? I think that is fitting to her character.
Old January 24 2009, 05:16 AM   #5
DontFeedPhil
Fleet Captain

At the rate its going I doubt they are gonna answer all the questions theyve dangled out for us. This episode was filler and next week seem like filler too...OH well
Old January 24 2009, 05:16 AM   #6
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

earth has ressurection technology.

When D'ana dies, god knows where she is going to wake up but it won't be with Cylons that she is familiar with.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Old January 24 2009, 05:18 AM   #7
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
that has never been stated in the show, only theorized by fans

Old January 24 2009, 05:20 AM   #8
Agent Richard07
Retired

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
And Three wanted to stay on Earth, did you not see the end of the episode last week? I think that is fitting to her character.
Yeah, but it just seems like an odd way to say farewell and it makes you think about her all alone there.
Old January 24 2009, 05:24 AM   #9
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

If we never physically end up going back to Earth (which we very well could), I get the feeling Earth and what its deal is will loom large over the remainder of the series. The planet was trashed so they don't need to be there. But, it's fertile ground for storytelling. You can deal with Earth's secrets without actually being there. I'm assuming they kept a bunch of souvenirs to analyze.
Old January 24 2009, 05:26 AM   #10
Brent
Admiral

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Yeah, but it just seems like an odd way to say farewell and it makes you think about her all alone there.
maybe we will see her again, and maybe they left her food

Old January 24 2009, 05:29 AM   #11
Agent Richard07
Retired

DeafPoet wrote: View Post
If we never physically end up going back to Earth (which we very well could), I get the feeling Earth and what its deal is will loom large over the remainder of the series. The planet was trashed so they don't need to be there. But, it's fertile ground for storytelling. You can deal with Earth's secrets without actually being there.
Yeah, I'm thinking that they could go that route.
Old January 24 2009, 05:53 AM   #12
Tom
Rear Admiral

Im sure Cavil's cylon group will get to Earth and find Deanna there and it may lead to further plot developments etc..

Owner - TrekUnited.com - Forum now re-open! click here
Old January 24 2009, 06:06 AM   #13
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

I was impressed with the current plot development. They have so many balls in the air and just when you think they'll put one down they throw in an extra one. It's going to be one hell of a ride.
Old January 24 2009, 07:11 AM   #14
Dar70
Rear Admiral

Im sure the whole earth thing will be back in the limelight by the last few episodes. At least we now know why everything with the colonials looks liike it came from earth.
Old January 24 2009, 10:58 AM   #15
Snowy Roshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snowy Roshi

Brent wrote: View Post
Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
that has never been stated in the show, only theorized by fans
Not only that but Earth has also the capability to build brand new Vipers!!!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."