Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

New Trek Home Fashions
By: T'Bonz on Jul 4

Star Trek Pop-Ups Book Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Cho: More On Selfie
By: T'Bonz on Jul 3

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media > Lost

Lost We're not the only forum on this board, and we all know it!

View Poll Results: Grade the two-hour premiere...
The first hour was EXCELLENT. 59 61.46%
The first hour was ABOVE AVERAGE. 29 30.21%
The first hour was AVERAGE. 7 7.29%
The first hour was BELOW AVERAGE. 1 1.04%
The first hour was POOR. 0 0%
The second hour was EXCELLENT. 38 39.58%
The second hour was ABOVE AVERAGE. 40 41.67%
The second hour was AVERAGE. 12 12.50%
The second hour was BELOW AVERAGE. 3 3.13%
The second hour was POOR. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 22 2009, 05:06 AM   #31
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Lost 5x01: "Because You Left" & 5x02: "The Lie"

I give both episodes 'above average'. They weren't mind blowing, but it's good to have Lost back. This season looks like it'll be pretty confusing for a lot of viewers.

- This is the beginning of our new format. No more character-centric flashbacks. The action will "woosh" back and forth between island time and Oceanic 6 time with maybe a few brief flashbacks here and there. From what I understand, each episode is still supposed to center around one of the characters, but at the same time everyone will get something.

- What was up with that wild boar Miles found? I got the feeling that it was killed in a previous season by someone, maybe Sawyer.

- I like the arc that's developing with Ben trying to get everyone back together.

- Nice to see Psychic Lady again. That ending was very Da Vinci Code-ish.
Old January 22 2009, 05:07 AM   #32
Mr Light
Admiral

Excellent start to the season. I was slightly mellowed out on the show after the disappointing S4 finale, but the opening with Candle in the Dharma days explaining what the Arrow finally is completely geeked me out and I fell deeply in love with the show once more.

Because You Left: 3.5/4 The Lie: 3/4

The opening scene was the best. We get the true name of Candle, the purpose of the Arrow, the origin of the Orchid, Faraday time travelling to the past, all in a couple minutes. Wow.

At the end of last season I predicted that the characters would time travel to the Dharma era and run around with them. I WAS RIGHT!!! SCORE!

It was nice not to have character-centric storytelling anymore, though I'll be quite disappointed if we don't get flashback episodes for the freighter folk.

After the opening scene events proceeded as one could be expected for the most part. Until the final twist; that the time travelling lady is working with Ben! Woah! Obviously this is Faraday's mother. So is she the leader of the Others now? What is her connection to Jacob? Fascinating stuff.

The Weekend at Bernie's schtick with Sayid was pretty amusing.

Old January 22 2009, 05:08 AM   #33
Gertch
Admiral

DeafPoet wrote: View Post
I'll have to watch them again for more detailed thoughts I guess, but Hurley and Sawyer kick ass is where I'll leave it for now.
I see what you did there.

Yes, they did. Again the Kate stuff was the slowest. Maybe the Fates will allow her to stay behind?
Old January 22 2009, 05:09 AM   #34
Mr Light
Admiral

I took it to mean that Miles communicated with the ghost of the dead boar, who led him to where it's body was.

Oh yeah I was pleased to see the Others still exist on the mainland and are working with Ben. Are these ones that were stuck there from before? Or did they leave the Island after it moved?

Old January 22 2009, 05:11 AM   #35
Mr Light
Admiral

When the flaming arrows started flying, who else thought they were in the prehistoric era of the four toed natives? That would have been crazy! This suggests to me that before Dharma came to the Island the Others/Natives had no technology whatsoever and only had sticks and arrows to fight Dharma with. Until they captured their guns, of course!

Old January 22 2009, 05:11 AM   #36
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

Kira's Mom wrote: View Post
So are the episodes normally going to be at 9:00 or 10:00 like they were last year? I remember I could participate in the commentaries because of the new time.
They will be @9pm

And Excellents all round...gosh its good to have Lost back!

LJ

LJ2
Old January 22 2009, 05:12 AM   #37
Agent Richard07
Admiral

According to Dan, you can't go back and "kill Hitler" because you didn't. I wonder if that will change. It looked like Dan did add something to the past by talking to Desmond.
Old January 22 2009, 05:12 AM   #38
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Gave both episodes an above average. It took a little while to get going and I wasn't sure what to think of the time distortion idea. But then I remembered that this is Lost and it's all good.

A lot of good stuff throughout the episode and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I think Hurley Jorge Garcia did a great job with the confession scene. Cheech was great in this episode too.

Not to mention all of the returns...

-The return of Ana-Lucie: She was more likeable here than in Season 2. The reference to Libby was sad but a very nice touch.

-The return of Frogurt: Funny stuff. That guy's freaky looking.

-The return of Vincent! You can't forget about the dog now, can you? He's like the kiss of death for his owners though.

So good to have Lost back!
Old January 22 2009, 05:13 AM   #39
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
According to Dan, you can't go back and "kill Hitler" because you didn't. I wonder if that will change. It looked like Dan did add something to the past by talking to Desmond.
Desmond is his constant

LJ

LJ2
Old January 22 2009, 05:14 AM   #40
Gertch
Admiral

Mr Light wrote: View Post
When the flaming arrows started flying, who else thought they were in the prehistoric era of the four toed natives? That would have been crazy! This suggests to me that before Dharma came to the Island the Others/Natives had no technology whatsoever and only had sticks and arrows to fight Dharma with. Until they captured their guns, of course!
I mentioned that in the commentary thread.

What era do the guns the last people had look like they are from? They looked old and made me wonder just how hopping this island has been through history.

Man I hope I can get to sleep tonight.
Old January 22 2009, 05:16 AM   #41
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Have we ever seen the Others' toes? I know they used to go around barefoot, but I can't recall how clearly we saw them.....
Old January 22 2009, 05:17 AM   #42
DeafPoet
Rear Admiral

Lindley wrote: View Post
Have we ever seen the Others' toes? I know they used to go around barefoot, but I can't recall how clearly we saw them.....
Kind of moot anyway, since by the time we ended up seeing the Others' feet in season 2 they were already sort of a Hostile/Main-lander goulash.
Old January 22 2009, 05:18 AM   #43
Klaus
Rear Admiral

View Klaus's Twitter Profile

Excelllent, I liked both a lot... it's back!!
Old January 22 2009, 05:18 AM   #44
sidious618
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to sidious618

Excellent and Above Average. Awesome stuff. I don't even know where to begin! Well, actually I do. The Marvin Candle scene was spot on and a fantastic way to begin the season. And then to see Fionula Flanagan at the end of episode two. Whoa. This is intense and I can't wait to see next week's episode.
Old January 22 2009, 05:19 AM   #45
Mr Light
Admiral

In his initial appearances Mr. Friendly used a WWII era German Luger, I believe. Of course that might have been part of the deception.

Even if we've seen Others with five toes, the vast majority of them today aren't Native, but recruits like Juliet or captured/converted Dharmaites like Ben. Aside from Alpert, who actually IS a Native? I'm guessing Miss Hawking.