Mystery Mini Vinyl Figure Display Box
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

The Red Shirt Diaries Episode Five
By: T'Bonz on Sep 29

Shatner In Trek 3? Well Maybe
By: T'Bonz on Sep 28

Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

Old January 17 2009, 04:32 PM   #241
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

Re: "Sometimes a Great Notion" Live Commentary

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
ThunderAeroI wrote: View Post
How do we compare the fact that the humans where able to find Earth via that holodeck on Kobal then? Or the trail left by the 13th tribe to prevent modern Cylons from finding Earth?

In the first, it would require the 13th tribe to come back to Kobal at some point to leave the clue. Why leave the clue at all, what would be the point? Why build the tempel of the five on the Alge Planet and not on Earth?

I think we are probably looking at a situation where these three planets are being recycled every 4,000 years or so. They are caught in a temperal loop without the temporal loop. Only so many planets can support life and for whatever reason the humans, cylons, and machines are being guided in this loop over and over and over again to the amusement of Bill Murrey.
In other words All This Has Happened Before And It Will Happen Again And Again And Again And Again......
With the Cylons, all this can happen again.
Old January 17 2009, 04:57 PM   #242
Quo Vadimus
Vice Admiral

Dangit, now I am going to have to watch 'Razor' again to see how the hybrid's prophecy matches up with the reveal.
Old January 17 2009, 05:07 PM   #243
SeerSGB
Admiral

View SeerSGB's Twitter Profile

Bacl wrote: View Post
SeerSGB wrote: View Post
Well they could always go with the whole "Everyone is already dead, the journey is pugatory, Earth=Heaven, Nuked Earth is a test, and only by faith can they discover the real "Earth"" angle.
You're confusing Battlestar Galactica with Lost. Just replace "Earth" with "Island" and there ya go!
Really? I couldn't tell ya' if I was or wasn't. I think I'm the last person on Earth that hasn't watched, or cares or wants to, an episode of Lost.
Old January 17 2009, 05:27 PM   #244
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral

View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile

I think I'm the last person on Earth that hasn't watched, or cares or wants to, an episode of Lost.
No, you're not.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Old January 17 2009, 10:03 PM   #245
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Quo Vadimus wrote: View Post
Dangit, now I am going to have to watch 'Razor' again to see how the hybrid's prophecy matches up with the reveal.
Just you to the The Truth Will Be Revealed Thread click the link and click on the red dot right next to the intro. The whol quote dealing with that will show up.
Old January 17 2009, 10:09 PM   #246
Quo Vadimus
Vice Admiral

Thanks! I'll do that.
Old January 17 2009, 10:31 PM   #247
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Aragorn wrote: View Post
ThunderAeroI wrote: View Post
Who would be nuking the 13th tribe of Cylons on Earth? Humans?
The humans were created by Cylons. They rebelled. They evolved.
But do they have a plan?
Yes, and the plan will be reveled for the low low price of $19.99 when "The Plan" comes out in the fall!
Old January 18 2009, 12:41 AM   #248
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

bigdaddy wrote: View Post
Skywalker wrote: View Post
Aragorn wrote: View Post

The humans were created by Cylons. They rebelled. They evolved.
But do they have a plan?
Yes, and the plan will be reveled for the low low price of $19.99 when "The Plan" comes out in the fall!
If its more thought out then the Cylon Plan remains to be seen.
Old January 18 2009, 02:40 AM   #249
QCzar
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to QCzar Send a message via Yahoo to QCzar

What was with Leoben's reaction? He looked seriously freaked out, even though I can't see how what they found was all that surprising? I thought he was going to start screaming for help at one point.

The Ellen thing may work out in the long run, as I can tell you I was none too excited learning that Tory and Anders were Cylons, and that didn't turn out so bad. Also of note was the fact that she and Saul seemed to be aware of themselves as being able to be reborn at the time of the holocaust. It can thus be conjectured that there most certainly is a third party at work here that somehow took these memories from them.

Kate Vernon is also a much better actress than those two, so if she does turn up again I remain optimistic that she and Hogan can turn in stellar performances.
Old January 18 2009, 04:40 AM   #250
SeerSGB
Admiral

View SeerSGB's Twitter Profile

I think anything Tigh sees or says in regards to the 5th might be suspect. He's been riddled with a lot of guilt over the death of Ellen-- he did kill her after all. So he might just be seeing what he wants to see.
Old January 18 2009, 11:47 PM   #251
Lord Lunacy
Commander

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
In other words All This Has Happened Before And It Will Happen Again And Again And Again And Again......
That would be a seriously shitty existance if they do wind up resetting the loop; the cylon god would be the great cosmic joker, pulling strings just to see everyone do a little jig for him/her/it. So, we will see just how the cy-god's little avatar Starbuck will be instrumental in pushing the great red reset button from hell.
Old January 19 2009, 12:21 AM   #252
Brent
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Brent Send a message via AIM to Brent Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Brent

it kinda does remind me of The Matrix and The One's role in the whole thing, and how it happens over and over and over

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Old January 19 2009, 12:30 AM   #253
Idoliside
Commander

I think anything Tigh sees or says in regards to the 5th might be suspect. He's been riddled with a lot of guilt over the death of Ellen-- he did kill her after all. So he might just be seeing what he wants to see.
RDM has already quoted that Ellen is the fifth, its established. It just doesn't matter anymore lol
Old January 19 2009, 01:22 AM   #254
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

Idoliside wrote: View Post
RDM has already quoted that Ellen is the fifth, its established. It just doesn't matter anymore lol
Some of the people here thnik they are the creators of the show, so clearly they only want to believe what they want and not base it on the facts.
Old January 20 2009, 01:14 AM   #255
Quo Vadimus
Vice Admiral

Idoliside wrote: View Post
He also said Starbuck was dead, and she was, but that isn't the whole story. Perhaps Ron has another killer twist/surprise in store for us.