Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old January 14 2009, 02:06 AM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

Cawley Snags Buck Rogers Web Series

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century will be appearing on the Internet in the autumn of 2010.

As reported by TrekMovie.com, James Cawley, known to Star Trek fans as the man behind Star Trek Phase II, will be working on another Science Fiction series, this one based on a character created in 1928.

Buck Rogers was a World War I pilot who awoke five hundred years after being in suspended animation. The new web series will tell the origin story, showing how Buck Rogers went from his own World War I timeframe to the twenty-fifth century. Cawley plans on using modern technology to bring the comic book hero to life. "We will be using the technology we have today, to present the original version of The first sci-fi hero ever," said Cawley. "Previous filmed incarnations never really captured the original Buck from the comic strips, which is what we aim to do."

Buck Rogers will be played by Bobby Rice (Peter Kirk in Star Trek: Phase II.) There will be the usual Buck Rogers elements in the web series; rocket packs, an atomic disruptor pistol, and the fight between the Earth Defense Directorate and various evil villains. Buck's team of Dr. Heuer, girlfriend Wilma Deering and Wilma's brother Buddy will be assisting him.

To read more, head to the article located here.

Old January 14 2009, 05:01 PM   #2
svengoolieweb
Ensign

Re: Cawley Snags Buck Rogers Web Series

Actually, I could see Bobby Rice playing Buck. He’s young, fit, et cetera. Just as long as it doesn't slow down production of Phase 2. If it will, in any way whatsoever, we don't really need Buck.

Last edited by svengoolieweb; January 14 2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: post was too long
Old January 14 2009, 06:54 PM   #3
Dr. Chandra
Captain

Was it ever disclosed what character Cawley played in the ST movie?
'The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure … America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.' - Senator Barack Obama, 2006
Old January 14 2009, 07:22 PM   #4
Jptrekker
Captain

Location: the marketing dept. of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation

^^ In all likelyhood, redshirt #3, it's just a walk-on, doubtful if he had any lines
Old January 14 2009, 07:39 PM   #5
SeerSGB
Admiral

I may not like Phase II, but I wish them nothing but the best of luck with this.

jptrekker wrote: View Post
^^ In all likelyhood, redshirt #3, it's just a walk-on, doubtful if he had any lines
Assuming it wasn't left on the cutting room floor.

svengoolieweb wrote: View Post
Actually, I could see Bobby Rice playing Buck. He’s young, fit, et cetera. Just as long as it doesn't slow down production of Phase 2. If it will, in any way whatsoever, we don't really need Buck.
Well, I know what he says in the article, but I think the reality will settle in fast enough that one of the other will have to suffer, and Phase II will be the one that'll have to suffer for the series that they have a contractual agreement to.
Old January 25 2009, 03:54 AM   #6
Tinkertoyz76
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Send a message via AIM to Tinkertoyz76

He was on the set as an extra for one day.
Dr. Chandra wrote: View Post
Was it ever disclosed what character Cawley played in the ST movie?