Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old January 9 2009, 05:00 PM   #16
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Dark Avengers - Your thoughts

CYOTI says up thread that the "Sentry" is really the Void.

You think Sentry is Sentry blaxxer?

Right now it seems the only ones who are who they say they are would be Ares and Marvel Boy. Do we add Sentry or not to the list of those who are who they claim to be?
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2009, 05:12 PM   #17
blaXXer
Fleet Captain

Captain Craig wrote: View Post

Right now it seems the only ones who are who they say they are would be Ares and Marvel Boy. Do we add Sentry or not to the list of those who are who they claim to be?

Well Sentry and Void are essentially the same person...so what big difference does it make? But yeah, I believe it's the Sentry, only for the sheer mindfuck.
Old January 9 2009, 08:40 PM   #18
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

blaXXer wrote: View Post

Well Sentry and Void are essentially the same person...so what big difference does it make? But yeah, I believe it's the Sentry, only for the sheer mindfuck.
I know, kinda like Phoenix and Dark Phonix are the same person just different personality in control. Granted there is a garment reflection of that. Just clearing up the personility that will be driving the "Sentry" in this series.
Old January 9 2009, 09:01 PM   #19
blaXXer
Fleet Captain

Well, Reynolds is essentially sheep-like while following whoever's in charge so it would not surprise me if that were actually the Sentry...Norman just gotta handle him right...
Old January 9 2009, 10:58 PM   #20
Ben Sisko3
Commodore

View Ben Sisko3's Twitter Profile

mostlyharmless wrote: View Post
Comments on where this title is going during Dark Reign and its ability to last much beyond that.
If I had to guess, the cycle of "events" that started with Avengers Disassmbled, that let to Civil War, and the Superhero Registerstration, etc, will end soon following Dark Reign, ending the SHRA, redeeming Tony Stark, and leading to reconciliation of the Avengers, and it´s relaunch with another #1 issue, featuring Captain America (Steve Rogers), Iron Man, (Tony Stark), Thor, and Wasp (Janet Van Dyne).
Don't forget Hank Pym and possibly Dr. Banner to complete the original roster. I also wouldn't count out Hawkeye and Black Widow, with their rumored appearances in Iron Man 2 and The Avengers.

Additionally, Pepper Potts can be seen shutting down Stark Industries effective immediately in Invincible Iron Man #9.

My take on who's who?

The Sentry...The Void
Ares...Ares
Marvel Boy...Marvel Boy
Hawkeye...Bullseye
Wolverine...Daken
Ms. Marvel...Moonstone
Spider-Man...Norman Osborn (not even his teammates know)
Iron Patriot...Harry Osborn
Ben Sisko3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2009, 11:00 PM   #21
Hermiod
Admiral

^It's going to take a lot for people to trust the Hulk again.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9 2009, 11:09 PM   #22
Ben Sisko3
Commodore

Hermiod wrote: View Post
^It's going to take a lot for people to trust the Hulk again.
True. We'll see what Slott's Mighty Avengers does in that regard.
Old January 9 2009, 11:09 PM   #23
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Ben Sisko3 wrote: View Post
Timeout

Spider-Man = Norman Osborn?? The original GG is now bonded to the symbiote? What happened to Gargan, I don't read TB.

Iron Patriot = Harry Osborn??? Did you read the big buddy confession at the end of the last ASM with Molten Man. Is the greater MU even concerened with BND Spidey or what??
Old January 9 2009, 11:13 PM   #24
Ben Sisko3
Commodore

Ben Sisko3 wrote: View Post
Timeout

Spider-Man = Norman Osborn?? The original GG is now bonded to the symbiote? What happened to Gargan, I don't read TB.

Iron Patriot = Harry Osborn??? Did you read the big buddy confession at the end of the last ASM with Molten Man. Is the greater MU even concerened with BND Spidey or what??
Who knows if he's even bonded with the symbiote? It could just be a black costume, no symbiote necessary. And nothing's happened with Gargan since he left the T-Bolts, save for an appearance on the last page of New Avengers #48.

I haven't read Amazing Spider-Man since December 2007, but I have absolutely no doubt that Norman is not above manipulating his son in order to do whatever he wants. And using Harry Osborn as a major player in the MU is the only reason to justify his soap opera-worthy resurrection.
Old January 10 2009, 12:17 AM   #25
darkwing_duck1
Vice Admiral

My thoughts on the whole sorry affair can be summed up as this:

reboot the 616 MU back to the point of about Thunderbolts 75 (right before "the fight club" took over).

Nothing less can fix the mess that Jem-ass started and his brown nosed acolyte Joey Q finished.
darkwing_duck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2009, 01:09 AM   #26
CYOTI
Vice Admiral

Quesada isn't the problem, the problem is he is letting monkeys like Bendis and Millar run the insane asylum.
CYOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10 2009, 01:18 AM   #27
Thrall
Commodore

darkwing_duck1 wrote: View Post
My thoughts on the whole sorry affair can be summed up as this:

reboot the 616 MU back to the point of about Thunderbolts 75 (right before "the fight club" took over).

Nothing less can fix the mess that Jem-ass started and his brown nosed acolyte Joey Q finished.
Yeah, me too more or less. I'd settle for Gwen Stacy not to have pitty fucked Norman Osborne or New X-Men being a bad dream, but everyone already knows my opinion on those so I won't waste anyone's time. The canon has gotten so far away from the core mythology at this point I'd settle for Crisis on Infinite Earths style revamp but, because of the guys in charge, we'd get something like The Ultimate Universe. But I must be honest and confess I don't hate The Ultimate Universe as much as most people do. Mostly because, unlike the 616, the characterization is always consistent if not neccissarily good or appropriate. And it doesn't have nearly a half century of mythology to throw out the window like these guys get off on doing. And it's Cyclops and Phoenix are still together and, because I'm so fanatically shippy, that's always enough to keep me content. And Sam Jackson as Nick Fury is a pretty cool idea.

Bendis chased me away from The Avengers the same way he chased me away from Ultimate X-Men and the same reason I never got into Ultimate Spider-Man. I just don't like his writing. I don't have a professional dislike for him like, say, I do Grant Morrison. I'm sure he's an OK guy. I've always found his writing underwhelming and nothing I've ever read from him has ever once done anything to even slightly change that opinion. Ok, I take that back slightly. I think his dialogue is great. But everything else is just kind of "there" for me. Without any of the Earth shattering moments he always puts forth, he really doesn't have much to offer IMO. So this is just kind of more of the same, predicatable "change just for the sake of change" nonsense he and Millar and Quesada and everyone else have been peddling since 2000. I'm sure it will sell well. Big names on big titles combined with big events always do. But that doesn't make it good. And even if it is, quality writing without a sense of mythology is meaningless. At least to me.
Old January 10 2009, 01:50 AM   #28
darkwing_duck1
Vice Admiral

CYOTI wrote: View Post
Quesada isn't the problem, the problem is he is letting monkeys like Bendis and Millar run the insane asylum.
Since Joey is EIC, and has the power to STOP them, yes he IS the problem.

He LIKES Bendis/Millar. He's said publicly that the Ultimateverse is the better Marvel Universe. That's what all this crap that's happened under his watch is all about: "ultimatizing" the 616 continuity.

I cannot say enough bad things about an EIC that would allow writers to MISwrite a group like the New Warriors just to kick off a crappy, "universe changing" storyline like Civil War. Or killing Cap for no good reason. Or busting up Spidey and Mary Jane.

He needs to go, like YESTERDAY. Put DeFalco in charge...he knows how 616 Marvel SHOULD be written!
Old January 10 2009, 01:55 AM   #29
blaXXer
Fleet Captain

Another thread hijacked by the acolytes of suck...heck, don't get you panties inna bunch but comics have outgrown you. Get back to your insignificant lives and let us nerds contemplate the current status quo in peace, please...
Old January 10 2009, 02:38 AM   #30
darkwing_duck1
Vice Admiral

blaXXer wrote: View Post
Another thread hijacked by the acolytes of suck...
How can you hijack your own thread?