TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old December 24 2008, 09:14 PM   #421
mimic
Rear Admiral

Re: Official TrekBBS Fantasy Football League!

I had some rotten luck at the end there - the week I lost to Peg I think I had the 2nd highest score out of everyone. Also, Terrell Owens sucks.

"And since I do not go into nuclear reactor cores I am free to trouble my brain over artificial sweeteners." - Goji
mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24 2008, 09:22 PM   #422
Alidar Jarok
Everything in moderation but moderation

mimic wrote: View Post
Also, Terrell Owens sucks.
Well DUH

My string of victories continue and I win the NFC league. Thanks for everyone for playing (congrats to Tornados for finishing second and pookha for finishing third). It was an interesting year (wasn't Tom Brady one of the highest players picked?). I ended up winning significantly because of either very low draft picks (Aaron Rodgers) or undrafted people (DeAngelo Williams). You just never know what to expect in these things.

Maybe next year we can play ESPN to have live score updates?
Old December 25 2008, 03:48 AM   #423
mrcoaster
Fleet Admiral

Clarence wrote: View Post
sportzkid wrote: View Post
mrcoaster wrote: View Post

We already have a BBS Keeper league on ESPN. Maybe we'll have a team opening - we'll have to see.
But that does not mean he can't start a league as well.

Also congrats Coaster.
I don't think I want to join a keeper league. How is it fair when not all players are fair game. I was thinking keeping the same standards of Yahoo, but putting it on ESPN instead. Who knows, it's a long way to go till the season. I'll probably just do the ESPN thing seperate and do two leagues.
It's absolutely fair. You pick the players, you keep the ones you want. Everybody has access to the same draft, everybody has access to free agents. You just don't get the automatic reset button that fixes your screw-ups each season and gives you a chance to completely start over.

Anyway, we've already seen several teams turn their fortunes around in both the baseball and football keeper leagues. I can see why somebody might want the chance to own certain players every year, but to call a keeper or dynasty league unfair? Nah.
Old December 26 2008, 11:56 PM   #424
sportzkid
Rear Admiral

View sportzkid's Twitter Profile

mrcoaster wrote: View Post
Clarence wrote: View Post
sportzkid wrote: View Post

But that does not mean he can't start a league as well.

Also congrats Coaster.
I don't think I want to join a keeper league. How is it fair when not all players are fair game. I was thinking keeping the same standards of Yahoo, but putting it on ESPN instead. Who knows, it's a long way to go till the season. I'll probably just do the ESPN thing seperate and do two leagues.
It's absolutely fair. You pick the players, you keep the ones you want. Everybody has access to the same draft, everybody has access to free agents. You just don't get the automatic reset button that fixes your screw-ups each season and gives you a chance to completely start over.

Anyway, we've already seen several teams turn their fortunes around in both the baseball and football keeper leagues. I can see why somebody might want the chance to own certain players every year, but to call a keeper or dynasty league unfair? Nah.
Also we don't do a true keeper league. In football we can only keep 5 players and baseball we only keep 6 players. So that does give the league some shake up.
sportzkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28 2008, 09:23 PM   #425
mrcoaster
Fleet Admiral

Actually, we DO do a true keeper league. A keeper league holds over a certain number of players from one season to the next. What you're probably referring to (being able to keep all players if you want), is generally called a "Dynasty League."
Old December 29 2008, 09:35 PM   #426
Scout101
Admiral

wow, what a terrible finish for me. All 3 of my teams had weak final showings, and after getting to 3 championship games, I put up numbers far below my norms, and finish with 3 runner-up trophies. Not that 2nd is bad, but to have 3 shots at first, and not get any of them...

Oh well. My keeper team was 6th last year, so 2nd is an improvement!

Now, on to baseball, and my own little version of the winter trade season. Still looking for a 1B in the keeper league if anyone is open to talking trade...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29 2008, 09:39 PM   #427
sportzkid
Rear Admiral

View sportzkid's Twitter Profile

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Now, on to baseball, and my own little version of the winter trade season. Still looking for a 1B in the keeper league if anyone is open to talking trade...
Willing to trade Albert Pujols if I get the right deal.
sportzkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30 2008, 04:24 AM   #428
Scout101
Admiral

let's take this to PM and see what we can work out...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote