Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 19 2008, 04:37 AM   #46
Gojirob
Rear Admiral

Re: What do you dislike about The Dark Knight?

Scrooge4747 wrote: View Post
iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
I actually liked that. It gives the sense that the Joker is not just a weirdo in facepaint, he's a genius weirdo in facepaint, with a mind both brilliant and twisted.
Yeah, but come on. He finds TWO empty warehouses (granted, probably not all that hard) and FILLS them with TONS of explosives and he also fills TWO ferrys with TONS of explosives?

I mean, how did he manage to smuggle barrel fulls of explosives onto two city ferrys?! And where and how did he buy all of these explosives? Certainly buying all that stuff would've perked up someone's ears considering a person can't buy a slightly more than reasonable amount of fertilizer without getting the FBI or DHS knocking on their door and The Joker buys barrels and barrels of explosives?!
The Joker's army seemed lifted from the Arkham escapees. These would have a lot of other twisted 'geniuses'--none of them on his level--but each a 'Seven' wannabe, focusing their sometimes overestimated intelligence on nothing but doing things quietly until Joker gave the signal. They would be a considerable asset in pulling off the uber-campaign the Joker set out to do. I did feel at times that he was a Dark Mary Sue, but everything else overrode those few moments for me.
Old December 19 2008, 04:54 AM   #47
T'Baio
Admiral

The guy somehow put enough explosives in a multi ward hospital to completely level it. let alone the ferry's and warehouses. And this hospital was supposed to be under a watchful eye because Dent was in it!
On Facebook
T'Baio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2008, 03:55 PM   #48
exodus
Fleet Admiral

MeanJoePhaser wrote: View Post
Batman doesn't kill. Unless... he needs to save a child from a bulet in his head.... or by not saving someone.
Or accidently in a high speed chase. Again, I don't see the Joker's garbage truck driver coming out of that wreck alive. No.
A garbage truck like any moving vehicle is a couple ton weapon in which the driver used to kill cops with. If he didn't die in the crash he'd be on death row in prison, so what's the difference?
Old December 19 2008, 04:29 PM   #49
Brian
Vice Admiral

The difference is that the assertion was made that Batman doesn't kill.

With his constant reckless freewheeling through town blowing shit up, this Batman obviously doesn't care so much about that rule, except with the psychopathic mass-murdering villain is in his sights.
Old December 19 2008, 04:38 PM   #50
Othello
Commodore

Maggie Gyllenhall!! Bleech!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both her acting performance and looks were HORRID!!! I want Katie Holmes back!!! She was a better actress and is WAYYYYY better looking.
Othello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19 2008, 06:12 PM   #51
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

exodus wrote: View Post
MeanJoePhaser wrote: View Post
Batman doesn't kill. Unless... he needs to save a child from a bulet in his head.... or by not saving someone.
Or accidently in a high speed chase. Again, I don't see the Joker's garbage truck driver coming out of that wreck alive. No.
A garbage truck like any moving vehicle is a couple ton weapon in which the driver used to kill cops with. If he didn't die in the crash he'd be on death row in prison, so what's the difference?
A trial, a jury, a judge, facts, his rights. Stuff like that.
Old December 19 2008, 06:29 PM   #52
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Hermey wrote: View Post

With his constant reckless freewheeling through town blowing shit up, this Batman obviously doesn't care so much about that rule, except with the psychopathic mass-murdering villain is in his sights.
Most "superheros" say that and comic book fans honestly believe these guys fight villians while tearing up entire city blocks in which no innocent bystander ever gets hurt by falling debris. It's like having cops in a shoot out with robbers and not expecting a random bullet to ricochet and hit somebody innocent by mistake. That's real life and it happens. How many people do you think Storm killed in X2 creating those hurricane funnels to escape the fighter jets?

Batman doesn't kill purposely. We have to accept in real world believability that random people on the sidelines or henchmen do get hurt or killed.
Old December 19 2008, 06:57 PM   #53
Lapis Exilis
Rear Admiral

T'Baio wrote: View Post
The guy somehow put enough explosives in a multi ward hospital to completely level it. let alone the ferry's and warehouses. And this hospital was supposed to be under a watchful eye because Dent was in it!
Yeah, the hospital is definitely a problem. I have less difficulty with the warehouses and ferries though. Honestly I thought it was a script misstep to have the hospital completely evacuated when it blew.
Old December 19 2008, 10:47 PM   #54
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

It's interesting no one saw the hideous nurse with hairy legs and argyle socks walking around and going into a DA's room.
Old December 19 2008, 10:51 PM   #55
Garak
Mr Garak. Today My Name is Mr Garak

The blue sonar vision was the thing I disliked in the film. I found it to be absolutely ridiculous.

Other than that, it was pretty sweet.
Old December 19 2008, 11:48 PM   #56
Captain Intrepid
Vice Admiral

exodus wrote: View Post
Hermey wrote: View Post

Most "superheros" say that and comic book fans honestly believe these guys fight villians while tearing up entire city blocks in which no innocent bystander ever gets hurt by falling debris. It's like having cops in a shoot out with robbers and not expecting a random bullet to ricochet and hit somebody innocent by mistake. That's real life and it happens. How many people do you think Storm killed in X2 creating those hurricane funnels to escape the fighter jets?

Batman doesn't kill purposely. We have to accept in real world believability that random people on the sidelines or henchmen do get hurt or killed.
Sure batman kills people.

Old December 19 2008, 11:53 PM   #57
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

Robin: "Batman, don't we have a rule about killing people?"
Batman: "What's that?! I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my high-powered machine gun and the yells and cries of hundreds of dying enemy soldiers!"

Last edited by Timby; December 21 2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Edited per user request.
Trekker4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2008, 01:04 AM   #58
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my high-powered machine gun and the yells and cries of hundreds of dying japs!"
Ugh.

I'm sorry, Trekker, but I just can't let that one slide, no more than I could any other racial slur of the sort. I have to give you an infraction for that.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2008, 01:44 AM   #59
T'Baio
Admiral

I'm pretty sure he was just satirizing the sentiments, language and absurdity of the time. I don't really think that's necessary.
On Facebook
T'Baio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20 2008, 01:53 AM   #60
Brian
Vice Admiral

I agree.