RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,671
Members: 24,823
Currently online: 496
Newest member: voyagerman49

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 12 2008, 01:47 AM   #76
blaXXer
Fleet Captain

Re: Secret Invasion: The End - SPOILERS!

That's because you two dimwits are just flamebaiting in every comicbook-related thread.
Old December 12 2008, 01:51 AM   #77
MNM
Captain

Thrall wrote: View Post
Bendis is talking out of his ass. Emma hasnt "straddled both lines for a long time" she has been good for close to 20 years.
No, she's pure evil. She just likes kids.
No, she has been a bona fide good guy for years.

darkwing_duck1 wrote: View Post
Hey, Thrall, is it just me or has noone responded to our larger point that Marvel under Jemas (and now JoeyQ) has been putting out mostly garbage for years?
Mainly because you are wrong. Plus Jemas hasnt been involved in the creative side of Marvel for years.
MNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2008, 02:10 AM   #78
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

I enjoyed SI for the most part, although it didn't pan out quite like I was expecting. I was expecting something more along the lines of a protracted Skrull entrenchment on Earth, then a super-hero resistance effort with a big final battle finally routing the Skrulls. After all the build-up and secrets and hype, having the whole thing take place in less than a day (Marvel time, of course) seemed a little anti-climactic.
Old December 12 2008, 02:27 AM   #79
Mr Light
Admiral

Yeah I always assumed "Dark Reign" was going to mean the Skrulls won and occupied Earth or still remained in force in some shape or form. So that was an interesting twist that the invincible numerous Skrulls just got boned like that

Mr Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2008, 02:58 AM   #80
darkwing_duck1
Vice Admiral

blaXXer wrote: View Post
That's because you two dimwits are just flamebaiting in every comicbook-related thread.
So not being willing to happily swallow whatever shite Joey Q's Marvel decides to try to feed us = flamebaiting...gotcha!
darkwing_duck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2008, 03:02 AM   #81
darkwing_duck1
Vice Admiral

MNM wrote: View Post
Mainly because you are wrong. Plus Jemas hasnt been involved in the creative side of Marvel for years.
I know he hasn't, but he was the one that started them down this road, and Joey Q is his clone editorially.

As for being wrong...well, what sold more books Early-Mid 90s Marvel 616 (~ the time X-Men Vol2 #1 came out) or the Ultimateverse-wannabe Marvel 616 of the publishing Sith Lords Jemas and Quesieda?
darkwing_duck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2008, 03:09 AM   #82
grabmygoblin
Commodore

the tie-ins were pretty fun, but the main event was pretty lame. hopefully "Dark Reign" won't take very long and the Marvelverse will get back to a better status soon.
Old December 13 2008, 10:43 AM   #83
Ben Sisko3
Commodore

View Ben Sisko3's Twitter Profile

Hermiod wrote: View Post
I just flicked through this issue again. Have a very careful look at the spread when Stark brings down the Skrull ship full of the people the Skrulls had captured and replaced.

It seems it wasn't just S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA agents and superheroes they replaced...
Holy crap! Agent Kay was right!
Ben Sisko3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13 2008, 11:27 AM   #84
Hermiod
Admiral

^I'm amazed Yu managed to resist chucking Howard the Duck in there for a change.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2008, 10:03 AM   #85
Thespeckledkiwi
Vice Admiral

Location: TheBolianChef is no more! It's theSpeckledKiwi now!

Something tells me the ramifications of Secret Invasion will be felt for a while, which might not be a bad thing.
Thespeckledkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2008, 05:57 PM   #86
FPAlpha
Vice Admiral

TheBolianChoir wrote: View Post
Something tells me the ramifications of Secret Invasion will be felt for a while, which might not be a bad thing.
For a while meaning up to a year until the next superevent.. what did we feel from House of M? Couple of 2nd and 3rd tiers de-mutated but the main cast is fine.

Civil War? About the only thing still lasting is Steve Rogers being dad and Bucky taking over the uniform.

Face it.. as long as it sells Marvel and DC aregoing to milk everything out of their books. If crap storytelling but shiny pictures sell they'll do that and from what i hear at least Marvel is doing fine with their mega-events so expect them to do it on a routine basis.
FPAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2008, 06:03 PM   #87
blaXXer
Fleet Captain

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
For a while meaning up to a year until the next superevent.. what did we feel from House of M? Couple of 2nd and 3rd tiers de-mutated but the main cast is fine.
Well it's been a major plot point of every X-title sofar, but hey, that'S no ramification, right?

FPAlpha wrote: View Post
Civil War? About the only thing still lasting is Steve Rogers being dad and Bucky taking over the uniform.
Then there's Tony Stark being in charge of SHIELD (well, not anymore but hey) among other things...
Old December 14 2008, 06:43 PM   #88
Hermiod
Admiral

^Plus nearly two year's worth of New Avengers storylines and it's constantly referred to in Amazing Spider-Man.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2008, 07:39 PM   #89
TheBrew
Vice Admiral

Plus the whole 'SHRA' is still in effect. For the most part, I have been liking the Marvel Events much more than the DC because they flow better (which the exception of the Sinestro Corps War).

Avengers Disassembled led to House of M which lead to Civil War which lead to Dark Reign. WWH and SI have both not been super-integral to that flow except in showing how we got from CW to DR (but were overlong, even if entertaining). To me, it really does flow together and tackles the problem of "Gods Among Men" in an interesting long-term way. The nice thing about it is that it is also relatively explain-able while Final Crisis and all the stuff before that is fairly convoluted.
For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14 2008, 09:45 PM   #90
Gojirob
Rear Admiral

Final Crisis? That's fine, so long as you accept that being killed and defeated in a brutal, humiliating fashion grants Darkseid unlimited power in a secret instant that no one can stop. Megatron from Beast Wars/Machines found that plot entirely plausible.