RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,685
Members: 24,830
Currently online: 411
Newest member: Old Man 51

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek TV Series > Enterprise

Enterprise The final frontier has a new beginning in this forum!

Old December 11 2008, 03:49 AM   #61
HopefulRomantic
Phloxist Moderator

Re: TnT: If The Ship is A Rockin'...Don't Come Knockin'!

SAND DUNE, people. Sloping. Uneven.

Here's a shot from DC where the guys are standing on solid ground.

I have yet to meet a man six feet tall who has height issues. And he is taller than Trinneer, so even the PR people would have no reason to complain.

I remember a concerted effort to make the Big Three of TOS look more the same height. A challenge, since Shatner was 5'9", Kelley 5'10", and Nimoy just over 6 feet. They did it with different-height boot heels. Shatner had at least a couple of inches of heel, Nimoy practically wore flats.

Hey! What happened to Trip and T'Pol?

Last edited by HopefulRomantic; December 11 2008 at 04:06 AM. Reason: The facts. Just the facts.
HopefulRomantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 10:30 AM   #62
Mach5
Rear Admiral

HolidayRomantic wrote: View Post
Apparently, they broke up sometime after "Terra Prime"
Old December 11 2008, 01:13 PM   #63
SFRabid
Commodore

SAND DUNE, people. Sloping. Uneven.

Here's a shot from DC where the guys are standing on solid ground.

You will note that Trip is closer to the camera and it is a slightly top down shot. That is a textbook method of giving items/characters to the back greater perceived height. If it was someone else in the scene with Trip the camera angle would have been low to make Trip look taller. They do this throughout the series.
SFRabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 03:24 PM   #64
My2tailwaggers
Lieutenant

Hello! I just thought I would throw this in since it was news to me. I went to an event over the weekend for the American Cancer Society and Connor was there. I sat at his table of 8 that evening for dinner. One of the girls there would ask him a bit about Enterprise. He said that it was his idea to break up T'pol and Trip. He said that Trip was a normal red blooded male and wouldnt be waiting around while she was off getting married.. and also the whole 7 year sex thing. So he went to the writers to ask them to break them up for a bit to show that he was normal and should be out there seeing other women. He said the writers were great in listening to the cast members concerning their characters.
He also said they used a body double in the scene where T'pol drops her robe. He was very nice and polite and we had a great time.

Last edited by My2tailwaggers; December 12 2008 at 03:12 AM. Reason: misspell
My2tailwaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 05:15 PM   #65
Reanok
Commodore

I've watched Cease Fire and Future Tense this week on sci-fi channel and T'Pol and Trip have some great scenes in them.It's been awhile since I've watched them .Thanks for your report My2tailwaggers about meeting Connor and his stories from enterprise.
Reanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 08:24 PM   #66
HopefulRomantic
Phloxist Moderator

Thanks for the report, My2tailwaggers!

Mach5 wrote: View Post
Apparently, they broke up sometime after "Terra Prime"
Pfffft. I don't mean that silly holodeck program. Barclay tinkered with that while he was drunk, to mess with Riker's head. I'm not buying it.

This is what I'm talkin' about.

SFRabid wrote: View Post
You will note that Trip is closer to the camera and it is a slightly top down shot. That is a textbook method of giving items/characters to the back greater perceived height. If it was someone else in the scene with Trip the camera angle would have been low to make Trip look taller. They do this throughout the series.
I'm not clear on the point you're trying to make. Bakula is 6'0". Trinneer is 5'11".

Here's a full-body shot of both of them, standing side by side. The height difference would seem to be a non-issue.
Old December 12 2008, 12:42 AM   #67
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

TATV? Pfttt...the ENT Relaunch novels deal with that quite nicely...as evidenced in this thead title

LJ

LJ2
Trippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2008, 01:13 AM   #68
Mach5
Rear Admiral

Pfffft. I don't mean that silly holodeck program. Barclay tinkered with that while he was drunk, to mess with Riker's head. I'm not buying it.
Now wait a minute! Reg was a cool dude, he was no drunk! I'd bet it was all Geordi's idea from the start!

Trip-the-Halls wrote: View Post
TATV? Pfttt...the ENT Relaunch novels deal with that quite nicely...as evidenced in this thread title
I know, I was only kidding. Romance was an important part of those novels, and I enjoyed it as much as all the other stuff (though that rockin' ship business was a bit juvenile IMO).
Old December 12 2008, 03:00 AM   #69
SFRabid
Commodore

SFRabid wrote: View Post
I'm not clear on the point you're trying to make. Bakula is 6'0". Trinneer is 5'11".
When you said "here is a shot of them on solid ground" I assumed you thought the picture was a good representation of their relative heights. I was pointing out that the angle of the picture combined with the difference in distance between the two throws off that perception. Yes, they are an inch difference in height. That shot makes it seem like more. I was also pointing out that it seemed to be a common use of camera angles throughout the series. They usually shoot angles that makes Archer look taller. If he is not in the scene and trip is they use angles to make trip look taller. The exception is T'Pol. They try to make her look "less short".

Poor Dominic.
SFRabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12 2008, 02:52 PM   #70
My2tailwaggers
Lieutenant

Reanok wrote: View Post
I've watched Cease Fire and Future Tense this week on sci-fi channel and T'Pol and Trip have some great scenes in them.It's been awhile since I've watched them .Thanks for your report My2tailwaggers about meeting Connor and his stories from enterprise.

You are welcome! Another thing he talked about was when they were in the decon chamber (I dont rememeber what they call it on the show!).. he said that stuff was like goo and all sparkly.. and when they had to do a retake, they had to rub it all off with a towel that felt like sandpaper and it hurt. There couldnt be any bit of the goo left on them as they had to start over!
My2tailwaggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2008, 06:42 PM   #71
billcosby
Commodore

TATV? Pfttt...the ENT Relaunch novels deal with that quite nicely...as evidenced in this thead title
Speaking of which, I just realized Kobayashi Maru has been out for a while. I'm going to see if I can find it. Any reviews (without too many explicit spoilers)? Any TnT?

billcosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18 2008, 07:14 PM   #72
Mach5
Rear Admiral

A Cosby Christmas wrote: View Post
Speaking of which, I just realized Kobayashi Maru has been out for a while. I'm going to see if I can find it. Any reviews (without too many explicit spoilers)? Any TnT?
Mostly mediocre reviews and considerable amount of flawed TnT action (I thought 'twas fun)
Old December 26 2008, 05:47 AM   #73
tennisgirl
Captain

Just stopping by to wish my fellow TnTers a merry Christmas and happy holidays...

tennisgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26 2008, 07:27 AM   #74
Infern0
Captain

I don't quite understand what this thread is about, nice pics though
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26 2008, 08:17 AM   #75
JiNX-01
Admiral

View JiNX-01's Twitter Profile

Infern0 wrote: View Post
I don't quite understand what this thread is about, nice pics though
There is this small band of ENT fans who really loved the interaction between Trip and T'Pol on Enterprise.

This is The Worship Thread.
-- Mahatma Gandhi --
JiNX-01 is offline   Reply With Quote