Pegg/Wright Trilogy In The Works
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Star Trek: The Compendium Rebate Details
By: T'Bonz on Aug 20

Gold Key Archives Volume 2
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Takei Documentary Wins Award
By: T'Bonz on Aug 19

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old December 6 2008, 04:28 PM   #16
Hermiod
Admiral

Re: Secret Invasion: The End - SPOILERS!

Mr Light wrote: View Post
What is the Dark Avengers premise going to be? I thought it was going to be set up in the end of SI but it wasn't. Perhaps some of the heroes will learn about the Dark Illuminati and go renegade to track them down, the way the New Avengers went after the Skrull Infiltration?

Or would it actually star the Dark Illuminati?

And Nick Fury will be getting his own separate comic as well, right? The Secret Avengers? So there will be FIVE Avenger teams now?
No, Fury's group will probably get its own book but they are not going to call themselves Avengers. I'm not sure what the Dark Avengers is all about but Bendis is saying the line up will be more controversial than when they made Wolverine and Spider-Man Avengers.

The Secret Avengers were Cap's side in the Civil War.

Misfit Toy wrote: View Post
Wasn't Sue Richards in there too? Has it been revealed yet when those people were taken?
Not all of them. There were issues of Mighty and New Avengers about Elektra, Spider-Woman and Hank Pym but not the rest. There was an online preview showing Dum Dum Dugan being replaced as well.

Sue was there. They found her just as Baxter Building rematerialised from it's trip to the Negative Zone with Johnny, Ben and the kids (see Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four).

Spider-Woman was swapped out when HYDRA offered to restore her powers if she came to work for them, in other words she was really Veranke for her entire tenure with the New Avengers.

Hank was taken some time after the events of Avengers: Disassembled where he and Janet had gone to England to rekindle their relationship.

It's not 100% clear when Elektra was replaced but it is known that the Skrull intended to replace her was not the one who ended up doing so. She killed most of the Skrulls who attacked her but was eventually unable to fight all of them off.

Susan was replaced during a lecture tour only days before the Invasion began.

It's very likely that the Black Bolt the Hulk crushed on the Moon was in fact his Skrull impersonator.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2008, 03:14 AM   #17
Pensive
Fleet Captain

View Pensive's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Pensive Send a message via Yahoo to Pensive

I'll never see Namor as a hero either - I know Dark Reign is just that, a bunch of villains and (MAYBE)anti-heroes, but come on. Do we think Doctor DOOM would sit under a convicted felon like Osborn?

And more shitting on Tony Stark-- FEH
Old December 7 2008, 03:53 AM   #18
darkwing_duck1
Vice Admiral

Pensive wrote: View Post
I'll never see Namor as a hero either - I know Dark Reign is just that, a bunch of villains and (MAYBE)anti-heroes, but come on. Do we think Doctor DOOM would sit under a convicted felon like Osborn?

And more shitting on Tony Stark-- FEH
Tony DESERVES to be shit on after his role in the SRA and the Initiative...oh wait...it's Marvel EDITORIAL that deserves to be shit on for this whole Civil War BS!
darkwing_duck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2008, 10:43 AM   #19
Hermiod
Admiral

Do we really want to get in to a conversation about who the worse villain is, Tony Stark or Norman Osborn ?

Even Peter Parker, who is no friend of Stark's, would not hesitate to say Osborn. You can be certain that even with this new order, Parker won't be registering any time soon.
Old December 7 2008, 02:07 PM   #20
MNM
Captain

coolghoul wrote: View Post
I haven't read up on the Marvel events since Civil War. So I am not entirely sure what's going on. I saw the last page with Norman and the group. And had a couple of questions - Why is Loki female? (or was he just badly drawn?) Why is Emma Frost there? My q is because Emma now is with Scott (in current continuity and is not evil - or is she?) or am I wrong in assuming that the Group is necessarily evil-doers based on the presence of Doom and Loki?
Loki has been a female since Thor brought back the Gods in his relaunched series.

Emma is a tricky one. She hasnt been a bad guy in close to 20 years in real life time, and yet writer after writer likes to keep asking "is she going to go back to being a bad guy?". If she is in this group to look after the interests of mutants, than I can buy that as that is certainly in character, if it's because she is "evil" again I wont.
MNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2008, 05:39 PM   #21
Hermiod
Admiral

Some more things I've read.

* The result of the Secret Invasion: Inhumans storyline will be "War of Kings", where the Inhumans will ally with the Kree and go up against the Shi'ar, led by Emperor Vulcan.

* Early covers for the Dark Avengers feature someone wearing a version of Iron Man's armour designed to look like Captain America's costume named "the Iron Patriot", Spider-Man in his black costume, Ms. Marvel (in her old red and blue costume), Hawkeye (in his original costume), Ares, Marvel Boy and Wolverine. They may not be the real people, however.

* Ms. Marvel's own book suggests she may soon be going up against Osborn. Which makes sense, given...

* The New Avengers appear to be gaining two new members, Captain America and Ms. Marvel. Spider-Woman will also re-join them. The cover for this second issue has two Wolverines, one of whom they appear to be attacking, which suggests the Dark Avengers aren't who they say they are.

* The Mighty Avengers will be getting a completely new lineup, and will now be written by Dan Slott. Bendis will write Dark Avengers.

* Nick Fury's Secret Warriors will get their own book.

The above images are hosted on my personal Google Pages webspace and are not hotlinked.
Old December 7 2008, 05:50 PM   #22
Mr Light
Admiral

I was confused by that one cover showing multiple versions of characters fighting each other. Perhaps the Dark Avengers are Skrull copies? Ones that rebelled against the Skully ways and have their own (good?) agenda? One against the Dark Illuminati? After all Osbourne is the one who assassinated their queen.

Mr Light is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2008, 05:54 PM   #23
Hermiod
Admiral

^If, as we have been led to believe, the Dark Avengers are Osborn's team (and that's why Ms. Marvel is going against them), then there's no way the real Spider-Man would be on it.
Old December 7 2008, 07:22 PM   #24
matthunter
Vice Admiral

Hermiod wrote: View Post
^If, as we have been led to believe, the Dark Avengers are Osborn's team (and that's why Ms. Marvel is going against them), then there's no way the real Spider-Man would be on it.
Could be one of the Scarlet Spiders, or perhaps Venom is faking Spidey's appearance for some reason.
If you're frustrated with a smug, arrogant right-wing nutjob poster who never backs up their arguments and twists out of answering straight questions, try the Ignore feature! Now with raspberry filling.
matthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7 2008, 07:47 PM   #25
the Dagman
Commodore

The word I have heard is that the Dark Avengers are really known villains.

Iron Patriot = Norman Osborn
Black Spidey = Venom
Hawkeye = Bullseye
Old Ms. Marvel = Moonstone
Ares = Ares
Wolverine = Daken (his son)

Still just the rumor I have heard...
Old December 7 2008, 07:49 PM   #26
Hermiod
Admiral

^Given what happened in the last issue of Thunderbolts, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

I also heard that Oscorp will buy out Stark Industries, so that might explain how Osborn gets his hands on Stark's Iron Man suits.
Old December 7 2008, 08:05 PM   #27
the Dagman
Commodore

Hermiod wrote: View Post
^Given what happened in the last issue of Thunderbolts, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

I also heard that Oscorp will buy out Stark Industries, so that might explain how Osborn gets his hands on Stark's Iron Man suits.
So Osborn is not only becoming Ms. Marvel's new arch-adversary, but he's becoming Stark's new Obadiah Stane as well?

The guy should still be dead! (freakin' frakin' Clone Saga ending. Still f-in' things up 12 years later)

And while I am voicing my dissent: What's the deal now with apparently two separate people going by the name Hawkeye and shooting arrows and stuff, yet neither are Clint Barton?

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.
Old December 7 2008, 08:09 PM   #28
Hermiod
Admiral

the Dagman wrote: View Post
So Osborn is not only becoming Ms. Marvel's new arch-adversary, but he's becoming Stark's new Obadiah Stane as well?
Actually, the Ms. Marvel Annual (a one-off story with Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel working together) now makes more sense.

The guy should still be dead! (freakin' frakin' Clone Saga ending. Still f-in' things up 12 years later)
Osborn is Villain #1 now. His fingerprints are everywhere. I don't have a problem with that. He's the anti-Stark.

And while I am voicing my dissent: What's the deal now with apparently two separate people going by the name Hawkeye and shooting arrows and stuff, yet neither are Clint Barton?
Clint's probably still getting over the whole "dead" thing. He gave Kate Bishop his blessing, again, that's enough for me.

Last edited by Hermiod; December 8 2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old December 7 2008, 11:55 PM   #29
blaXXer
Fleet Captain

Stormin' Norman is just awesome. You go ole greenface.
Old December 8 2008, 12:50 AM   #30
StarTrek1701
Fleet Captain

So what was the overall reason and outcome of this invasion? Was it as uninteresting as was Civil War?
StarTrek1701 is offline   Reply With Quote