RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 140,345
Posts: 5,445,095
Members: 24,966
Currently online: 564
Newest member: Borough 31

TrekToday headlines

Kruge Bobble Head
By: T'Bonz on Oct 30

Two Trek Actors In Green Room
By: T'Bonz on Oct 30

Trek UglyDolls First Look
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

New Star Trek Select Action Figure
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

Trek Actors In Elsa & Fred
By: T'Bonz on Oct 29

The Red Shirt Diaries #9
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Greenwood Cast In Truth
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Cumberbatch In Talks For Strange
By: T'Bonz on Oct 28

Two New Trek Bobble Heads
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27

Meaney On Playing Historical Figure Durant
By: T'Bonz on Oct 27


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade the movie
Excellent 2 10.53%
Above average 3 15.79%
Average 6 31.58%
Below average 2 10.53%
Poor 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 25 2008, 02:28 AM   #31
HighteeHeller
Rear Admiral
 
HighteeHeller's Avatar
 
Location: Derby, England
Re: Twilight - Movie Discussion and Grading

Dream wrote: View Post
ancient wrote: View Post
Well, these are the Gary Stu Vamps, who are perfect and awesome and HOT and have no weaknesses.
All the female vampires in this series are also supposed to be hot too. It makes me wonder why the vamps haven't taken over everything yet.

Because they are worried about the Italian Vamps..duh.



HighteeHeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25 2008, 05:08 PM   #32
shrantastic
Commander
 
shrantastic's Avatar
 
Location: in the world of 3 dimensions
Re: Twilight - Movie Discussion and Grading

I saw it for the lulz, and to observe the twihards.

- It contained some pretty horrible acting on par with a Lifetime movie.
- If you haven't read the book it will be a mystifying experience.

But it did make me want to visit the Pacific Northwest!
__________________
Church of Trek: The sci-fi religion that doesn't take all your money.
shrantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 06:39 AM   #33
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Twilight - Movie Discussion and Grading

That's a funny avatar shrantastic.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 06:43 AM   #34
FalTorPan
Vice Admiral
 
FalTorPan's Avatar
 
Location: Out there... thataway.
Re: Twilight - Movie Discussion and Grading

I thought it was clever that Bella, who falls in love with a vampire, has a nickname reminiscent of Bela Lugosi, who played Dracula.
__________________
Watch ASTRONUTS! Visit Trekplace! Check out my personal website!
FalTorPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 08:02 AM   #35
roguephoenix
Captain
 
roguephoenix's Avatar
 
Re: Twilight - Movie Discussion and Grading

looked interesting way way back then. now that it's become a tween girl sensation, i'll be avoiding this. maybe download it if i'm desperate to watch something (which is highly unlikely). >_< seems like dawson's creek about vampires. lol
roguephoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 04:46 PM   #36
shrantastic
Commander
 
shrantastic's Avatar
 
Location: in the world of 3 dimensions
Re: Twilight - Movie Discussion and Grading

Dream wrote: View Post
That's a funny avatar shrantastic.
Thanks! I should clarify that amusing as I find the twihards, I would never make fun. I mean c'mon, I'm posting on a Trek board here.

I saw they already green lighted the next movie. Guess I'll have to read the second book!
__________________
Church of Trek: The sci-fi religion that doesn't take all your money.
shrantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 06:11 PM   #37
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters
 
OmahaStar's Avatar
 
Location: OmahaStar
View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar
Re: Twilight - Movie Discussion and Grading

shrantastic wrote: View Post
Dream wrote: View Post
That's a funny avatar shrantastic.
Thanks! I should clarify that amusing as I find the twihards, I would never make fun. I mean c'mon, I'm posting on a Trek board here.

I saw they already green lighted the next movie. Guess I'll have to read the second book!
Why? Save your brain cells!
__________________
"Sorry. Wrong movie, buddy."
OmahaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 06:32 PM   #38
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral
 
Captain Craig's Avatar
 
Location: Nashville,TN
Re: Twilight - Movie Discussion and Grading

From what I've read online and been told by the people I know who've read New Moon it seems the material in that book is more conducive to making a better film.

I'm sure not going to read it but Shrantastic knock yourself out if you want to do so.

I'm told trips to Alaska and Italy are in play. Bella and Jacob hook up after Edward bolts either due to fear or protection cause that Victoria bitch is pissed after they killed James.

Maybe this is one of those instances where the sequel is better than the initial entry.
__________________
"Picard never hit me." Q-Less(DS9)
"Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings" Optimus Prime
Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 08:03 PM   #39
shrantastic
Commander
 
shrantastic's Avatar
 
Location: in the world of 3 dimensions
Re: Twilight - Movie Discussion and Grading

Captain Craig wrote: View Post

I'm sure not going to read it but Shrantastic knock yourself out if you want to do so.
I'm gonna! A friend already gave me all the books, so they are just sitting on the shelf, silently beckoning. Maybe it's the MST3K fan in me, but I love it when something is so bad it turns the corner back to good.
__________________
Church of Trek: The sci-fi religion that doesn't take all your money.
shrantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1 2008, 07:55 PM   #40
Elwin Ransom
Commander
 
Location: Thulcandra
Re: Twilight - Movie Discussion and Grading

I had never heard of the "Twilight" Saga before last week; I went to see the movie, not realizing that the primary audience was teenage girls. (I am a guy in my late 20's.)

I am actually glad I didn't know that, because if I had, I wouldn't have gone to see it, and found it quite enjoyable. The cinematography was exceptional, as was the music. The sparkly-Edward effect was quite bad. I didn't even realize what was supposed to have happened until I went and read the book.

Going in with no expectations, I found Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson both quite enjoyable. Billy Burke as her dad, though, stole the show.

Alice Cullen was hot, even if she was pitching baseballs or ripping vampire heads off.

As for the book series, which I've now read, I found "Twilight" entertaining, but, rather poorly written. The film was better structured, in terms of writing. "New Moon" was a little better. "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn" I rather liked.
Elwin Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1 2008, 08:09 PM   #41
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral
 
Captain Craig's Avatar
 
Location: Nashville,TN
Re: Twilight - Movie Discussion and Grading

Elwin Ransom wrote: View Post
Alice Cullen was hot, even if she was pitching baseballs or ripping vampire heads off.

As for the book series, which I've now read, I found "Twilight" entertaining, but, rather poorly written. The film was better structured, in terms of writing. "New Moon" was a little better. "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn" I rather liked.
I also am a proponent of more Alice. More Carlisle for that matter. I think he would have a good story to tell if it was focused on.

Do I understand that you read all 4 books in a 10-12 day span? Wow.
__________________
"Picard never hit me." Q-Less(DS9)
"Freedom is the Right of All Sentient Beings" Optimus Prime
Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1 2008, 09:37 PM   #42
Dream
Admiral
 
Dream's Avatar
 
Re: Twilight - Movie Discussion and Grading

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Elwin Ransom wrote: View Post
Alice Cullen was hot, even if she was pitching baseballs or ripping vampire heads off.

As for the book series, which I've now read, I found "Twilight" entertaining, but, rather poorly written. The film was better structured, in terms of writing. "New Moon" was a little better. "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn" I rather liked.
I also am a proponent of more Alice. More Carlisle for that matter. I think he would have a good story to tell if it was focused on.

Do I understand that you read all 4 books in a 10-12 day span? Wow.
If you like Alice then you should like New Moon since Alice is a very important part of it's climax. Alice and Bella have several cool scenes together.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2008, 06:36 AM   #43
Elwin Ransom
Commander
 
Location: Thulcandra
Re: Twilight - Movie Discussion and Grading

Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Elwin Ransom wrote: View Post
Alice Cullen was hot, even if she was pitching baseballs or ripping vampire heads off.

As for the book series, which I've now read, I found "Twilight" entertaining, but, rather poorly written. The film was better structured, in terms of writing. "New Moon" was a little better. "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn" I rather liked.
I also am a proponent of more Alice. More Carlisle for that matter. I think he would have a good story to tell if it was focused on.

Do I understand that you read all 4 books in a 10-12 day span? Wow.
I read all four books in 5 days. I read fast. And it was Thanksgiving break.
Elwin Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
twilight, vampires

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.