Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Battlestar Galactica & Caprica

Battlestar Galactica & Caprica This forum was created by man. It rebelled. It evolved. And it has a plan.

View Poll Results: Which Battlestar would win
Galactica (the bucket) 5 15.15%
Pegasus (the beast) 28 84.85%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 27 2008, 07:04 PM   #1
Hartzilla2007
Vice Admiral

Galactica VS Pegasus which would win

Okay if Galactica had fought the Pegasus in Resurrection Ship part one which Battlestar do you think would have won
Old November 27 2008, 07:09 PM   #2
WeAreTheBorg
Vice Admiral

Re: Galactica VS Pegasus which would win

Well, in a practical sense Pegasus was clearly the better ship and would wipe the floor with Galactica. But I mean if that was actually in the show the writers wouldn't be destroying Galactica and would find a plot device to allow them to win. But since this is a hypothetical outside the reality of the show: Pegasus. Obviously.
Old November 27 2008, 07:22 PM   #3
Captain_Amasov
Captain

Pegasus, though she'd still take a beating obviously.
Old November 27 2008, 08:00 PM   #4
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

Pegasus. Galactica is a mighty fine ship. But Pegasus just kicks ass, if you'll pardon my expression. If you look at how it takes out those baseships in Exodus, there's no question in my mind she would easily take down the older vessel.
Old November 27 2008, 08:06 PM   #5
DRMidnite
Lieutenant Commander

I'd say you'd have to take into account the respective commanders of these ships. The experience factor would weigh in heavily. That said...Galactica by a nose.

Old November 27 2008, 09:18 PM   #6
solariabsg25
Captain

View solariabsg25's Twitter Profile

Pegasus unfortunately, she seems to be designed to be able to pour a huge amount of fire from her forward batteries, and almost had them lined up on Galactica before the Vipers ad even reached eachother. And we've seen those batteries take out a Basestar, from long range, in one concentrated salvo.

Plus their Vipers outnumbered the Galacticas, and were all experienced pilots, along with them all being Mk VIIs.
Old November 27 2008, 10:23 PM   #7
V
Commodore

the entire "nickname" thing they tried to introduce in Captain's Hand is simply forced and silly; they said they made up that Galactica is "the Bucket" and Pegasus "the Beast", literally because they thought it was embarrasing that everyone online and on-set had nicknamed it "Peggy" and they were trying to shift away from that

I agree pretty much with Roslin's assessment: Galactica would be destroyed, but Pegasus would be badly crippled, to the point of being unable to fight off future Cylon attacks.
Old November 27 2008, 10:34 PM   #8
philbob
Commander

V wrote: View Post
the entire "nickname" thing they tried to introduce in Captain's Hand is simply forced and silly; they said they made up that Galactica is "the Bucket" and Pegasus "the Beast", literally because they thought it was embarrasing that everyone online and on-set had nicknamed it "Peggy" and they were trying to shift away from that

I agree pretty much with Roslin's assessment: Galactica would be destroyed, but Pegasus would be badly crippled, to the point of being unable to fight off future Cylon attacks.

Agreed on that beast and bucket crap every time i heard that it made me cringe
Old November 27 2008, 10:52 PM   #9
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

Hmm, I never minded "Bucket and the Beast". I actually thought it was one of those nice touches that give you some insight into everyday life among the crews aboard the ships. They'd definitely be coming up with nicknames, I think.
Old November 27 2008, 11:36 PM   #10
David cgc
Vice Admiral

It was okay (though I still didn't love it) when they used it organically in the "Beyond the Red Line" demo. In "The Captain's Hand," though, I was right there with the behind-the-scenes guy who vetoed it, at least in part because of how stilted and artificial it was.
Old November 28 2008, 04:16 AM   #11
DanCPA
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanCPA Send a message via Yahoo to DanCPA

Pegasus
Galactica was an old ship that was headed to a decommissioning ceremony
Old November 28 2008, 04:44 AM   #12
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

I agree with pretty much everyone, the Galactica would be destroyed but it could do a good amount of damage to the Pegasus before being destroyed.

Old November 29 2008, 03:20 AM   #13
solariabsg25
Captain

View solariabsg25's Twitter Profile

Actually I did have one thought - what would the civvies do if Galactica and Pegasus started trading blows? Just sit there helpless? Jump randomly to escape? Would those few with actual weapons join in?

Whoever had won, I think humanity would have been finished.
Old November 29 2008, 03:31 AM   #14
Peacemaker
Vice Admiral

Pegasus. Her commander was also the more ruthless of the two, as were her pilots. The key here is likely who gets in the first shot. If you follow the dialogue, Cain was trying to get her main guns trained on Galatica. If you look at the way the ships were positioning, Galactica was trying to remain on a parallel course to keep Cain's main guns off of her. That would put Galatica in the primary position, since her main guns seem to run along her spine. So, whoever gets in the first good shot would be the one who wins. Therefore, the big question is: Who'd shoot first in this game of chicken?

DJ Mark Bisson

Say my name, and every color illuminates!
Old November 29 2008, 01:11 PM   #15
MyCylon
Rear Admiral

solariabsg25 wrote: View Post
Actually I did have one thought - what would the civvies do if Galactica and Pegasus started trading blows? Just sit there helpless? Jump randomly to escape? Would those few with actual weapons join in?
I think most would realize that anything they could do with whatever weapons they may have would be utterly futile and wouldn't make a difference to the outcome at all. Some might decide to be 'heroes' and join in anyway.

Lee made it very clear at the beginning of S2 that the civilian ships wouldn't stand a chance against Galactica as in they probably wouldn't even scratch the hull.