Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Rumor Mill: Saldana Gives Birth
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

New Line of Anovos Enterprise Uniforms
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Frakes: Sign Me Up!
By: T'Bonz on Dec 11

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Future of Trek

Future of Trek Discussion of future Trek projects.

Old November 10 2008, 06:33 PM   #16
xortex
Commodore

Re: 3 Possibilities for Series VI

marknetprod wrote: View Post
Ideas for Series VI

A 25th Century based Trek Series involving a Timeship pursuing another Timeship which alters the past from TOS on up! Which could open up possibilities of alternate realities AND exploration of worlds mentioned
but not shown.

A late 23rd century era (post Generations) based Series on a Excelsior-class starship exploring new territories, similar to TOS. Maybe Enterprise-B based!

Late 24th Century era (post Nemesis) based Series on a starship that docks with a space station, a combo of DS9 and TNG type of stories.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking for amateur actors and writers willing to donate their time and energy for a Trek podcast series, Radio Drama style. If you are interested, contact me at hudsonman35@gmail.com.

Markus Henry McLaughlin
marknetproductions.wordpress.com
Hudson, MA, USA
Phase II with older Kirks and Spocks.
xortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10 2008, 07:40 PM   #17
Mr. B
Vice Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. B Send a message via AIM to Mr. B Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mr. B Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. B

I would also agree that another Trek series should be further in the future (post-Nemesis). We've already endured a prequel and TOS era should be left alone. Adherence to canon should be a hell of a lot easier with a new new show.

I don't have any good ideas on some new twist though...
Old November 12 2008, 05:06 AM   #18
Mirror_Barclay
Lieutenant Commander

T'Cal wrote: View Post
At risk of repeating myself, IMHO TOS should stay at the theaters and TNG et.al. should stay on TV. TOS focuses mostly on 3 main characters, which is fine for an epic 2-hour movie. But TNG-style stories deal with ensamble casts and their relationships with each other and perpheral characters, which is better handled as episodic TV. If STXI is successful, I figure we'll see at least 2 sequels. With that kind of interest generated among teens and adults, a CGI TV series could attract them and kids, which opens up a huge market for toys. I'm hoping for a 25th century setting with only a few know characters from TNG, DS9, and VOY.
I think that's a good distinction. An ensemble cast takes advantage of what TV can do better than any other medium.

I'm not opposed to bringing on a character or two from previous 25th century Trek, but I'm not sure who there is who would bring a lot of fans or media attention, but whose stories haven't been fully explored. I'm not a huge fan of Riker (whose name gets tossed around by some fans for captaining the next series); I'd love to see more of Ezri, but how many people would know who that is?
Mirror_Barclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2008, 09:23 PM   #19
cybersoldier
Commander

marknetprod wrote: View Post
Ideas for Series VI

A 25th Century based Trek Series involving a Timeship pursuing another Timeship which alters the past from TOS on up! Which could open up possibilities of alternate realities AND exploration of worlds mentioned
but not shown.

A late 23rd century era (post Generations) based Series on a Excelsior-class starship exploring new territories, similar to TOS. Maybe Enterprise-B based!

Late 24th Century era (post Nemesis) based Series on a starship that docks with a space station, a combo of DS9 and TNG type of stories.

If trek was in better shape perhaps one of those ideas might work, but we are more than likely getting a TOS reboot series question is going to be whether or not the cast for the TOS- reboot films are going to do a TOS series
cybersoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2008, 10:37 PM   #20
kissthestar
Captain

Kaziarl wrote: View Post
Here's a crazy idea. I remember hearing someone either on the show or one of my talks with various fellow trekkies and trekkers, that if the ships could talk they would have many stories to tell. Weather these stories are of any real interest or just the big E's bathroom gossip, who knows. but it still might be interesting.
How about a Trek universe anthology? Something that dips into different times and places along the way. It would enable us to see familiar faces and new ones.
kissthestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13 2008, 10:40 PM   #21
SLWatson
Captain

Send a message via AIM to SLWatson

Know what I would love to see?

A modern 2-D animated (well animated) Star Trek series, any era. I'd even take it during TOS -- it's a lot easier to match voice actors than it is live-actors to original characters. A well-written, well-drawn show with a broad appeal to families, tackling the issues sci-fi does so well, while remaining true to the spirit of Trek and having a bit of fun...

...ah, well. A girl can dream.
SLWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2008, 11:04 AM   #22
Python Trek
Commodore

View Python Trek's Twitter Profile

Cicero wrote: View Post
I'm convinced that 25th Century series set aboard the USS Enterprise-G (or later, with a later letter) is the best way to go.
Agreed. Move forward, already! We've had Cochrane in Trek 8, four years of ENT, now a TOS sorta-prequel. Enough with the history lessons! What's wrong with a new ship and a new crew? TOS told great stories about great characters and was very much a product of its (very troubled) time---let's tell our stories now, inspired by the times that we are living in!
Old November 23 2008, 07:58 PM   #23
jongredic
Fleet Captain

I feel like there are still stories to be told in the 24th century - maybe show the Federation rebuilding after the war and starting to explore again.

I've had an about turn recently, so I wouldn't actually mind a Pike-era series depending on how the film turns out.

On the other hand, the franchise needs to bring new fans in, like TNG did 20 years ago, so maybe another leap into the future (i.e. the 25th century) is the way to go. A large enough gap between that and the TNG era could mean that there's some room to 'start again', rediscover old races, meet some whole new ones - the Federation has branched out further into the galaxy, maybe not even in the Milky Way at all. And there's still room to fill in the gaps between Nemesis and the new series if they wanted.

I think I'm not alone in needing to open my mind in accepting a new version of the Trekverse, so it doesn't suffer the same fate as Enterprise and the last couple of seasons of Voyager.
Old November 24 2008, 02:56 AM   #24
Ravager
Ensign

I was thinking of a series myself for a while.

Andromeda Galaxy a somewhat similar spiral galaxy to our milky way would a nice unexplored target.

Maybe have a new crew post Nemesis. (Enterprise E/Refit or a New Ship)

I've been trying to figure out ways to explain how they get there...

1. Worm Hole (Only Opens every 7yrs )
2. A "Q" throws a ship over there to learn a Lesson.

A Empire of sorts as the main villain ebe.
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2008, 03:47 AM   #25
HRHTheKING
Fleet Captain

but not shown.
Disagree. I'd rather they just establish an entirely new canon-line rather than messing with time travel.

Not a bad idea. Make it CGI.

DS9 largely explored the whole "station" concept.

Although, a series set on Earth Spacedock might be interesting, since presumably it's the size of a large city. It might also be a good chance to examine Earth in the 24th century, which hasn't really been done yet.
Old November 24 2008, 04:44 AM   #26
Penta
Commander

Earth in the 24th Century is supposed to be a utopia. Somehow I...don't see the dramatic potential in a utopian setting.
Penta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24 2008, 06:20 AM   #27
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

Penta wrote: View Post
Earth in the 24th Century is supposed to be a utopia. Somehow I...don't see the dramatic potential in a utopian setting.
Indeed. If you want to make a planet-based show, put it on a remote colony on the very very fringes of the Federation.
Old November 24 2008, 07:34 AM   #28
davidant32
Commodore

Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
Indeed. If you want to make a planet-based show, put it on a remote colony on the very very fringes of the Federation.
less dark and dreary scifi/trek please
Old November 24 2008, 06:14 PM   #29
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

davidant32 wrote: View Post
Herkimer Jitty wrote: View Post
less dark and dreary scifi/trek please
Please point out where I said dark and dreary?

That would not be the intent, however doing things TNG-style where everyone gets along eerily well would not work.

Were I to pitch a Series VI, character interactions would be more along the lines of TOS. The future isn't dark, but the characters disagree with each other and god forbid... argue.

Star Trek doesn't need to be darker to be better. BUT, it does need to be less sterile.
Old November 25 2008, 12:11 AM   #30
HRHTheKING
Fleet Captain

Maybe a good approach would be to explore that utopia, to see if indeed it actually is one, or if it's simply the illusion of being a paradise.