Klingon Bloodwine To Debut
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Trek Actors In War Of The Worlds Fundraiser
By: T'Bonz on Nov 25

Star Trek: The Next Generation Gag Reel Tease
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Shatner In Haven
By: T'Bonz on Nov 24

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Fandom > Fan Fiction

Fan Fiction Other forums talk about Trek. We make it.

Old November 20 2008, 09:42 PM   #121
SLWatson
Captain

Send a message via AIM to SLWatson
Re: Arc of the Wolf: On the Nature of Wind - Uncommon Language

Mistral wrote: View Post
Cute.
Thanks! I think. ;-)
SLWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 11:01 PM   #122
SLWatson
Captain

Arc of the Wolf: On the Nature of Wind - By Other Authors

As if you haven't gotten tired of this story yet. ;-) Anyway, here are the tales OTHER authors have thrown in that are inspired by the Arc of the Wolf, and On the Nature of Wind in most cases. If you're able to give them feedback, you sincerely should. I've included the timeline and that, for reference. And eventually, I'll probably write a couple more of my own.

Title: Fleeting

Author: trekfan_1388
Pairing: Jay McMillan/Caitlyn Scott
Rating: G
Words: 1228
Timeline: 2242
Disclaimer: Star Trek belongs to Paramount. The characters, unless otherwise recognizable, belong to me.
Notes: As Trekfan says: "This is set sometime during Scott's academy years, while he's in engineering school. Scottish accents are tough to write, I tried Anyways, sit back and enjoy, and as always, any an all comments are welcome. (fair warning this is kinda sad)." A possible look at Cait's mindset, based somewhat on Junkyard Dogs. Half-canon for the Arc of the Wolf, meaning you can take it or leave it. Reposted with permission.

Title: Live a Little
Author: trekfan_1388
Characters: Scotty, Corry
Words: 925
Timeline: 2242
Disclaimer: Same as above.
Notes: Written by Trekfan as part of a trade; between the prologue and Part I of On the Nature of Wind. What better male bonding exercise is there than baseball? Again, half-canon for the Arc of the Wolf -- if you want it to fit, it's canon; if not, it's not. Reposted with permission.

Title: Gravity
Author: commanderteddog
Characters: Corry, Scotty
Words: 1489
Disclaimer: Hasn't changed.
Notes: Written as half a trade by the Teddog; a really neat first-person Corry tale. Life as roommates isn't quite what he expected. Late summer, between the Prologue and Part I of On the Nature of Wind. Reposted with permission. Like "Now" it doesn't get explained or continued for a very long time... whenever I actually get a chance to write it. It just stands alone for now, canon for the storyline.

Title: Gauntlets I.
Author: renarcher
Character: Corry
Rating: PG
Words: 620
Timeline: 2243
Disclaimer: Corry belongs to me; Star Trek belongs to Paramount.
Notes: A possible look at Corry between Part II and Part III, after the fire. Half-canon. Written for me as a gift by my friend Danie; vivid imagery!

Title: Sunset
Author: sadisticerrorpi
Words: 402
Disclaimer: He's mine, Scott is Paramount's.
Notes: An absolutely amazing first-person look into Corry's head, inside of Part IV, Chapter 1. I was floored by just how keen her insight was, and in this case, even if he is mine, her's were better than mine. Definitely canon.

Title: Gauntlets II.
Author: renarcher
Characters: The crew of the Lady Grey
Words: 413
Disclaimer: Trek is Paramount's, but most of the people and the story are mine.
Notes: A possible look at the cadets of the Lady Grey, during Part IV, Chapter 5! Half-canon, written for me by Danie.

Title: Just One Moment
Author: merfilly
Words: 133
Disclaimer: One belongs to Paramount, the other does not.
Notes: A distinct snippet view of Part IV, Chapter 6 -- short, but pretty damn cool. Half-canon.
Old November 20 2008, 11:11 PM   #123
SLWatson
Captain

Arc of the Wolf: On the Nature of Wind - Random Artwork

And, finally, artwork that goes with ONOW. Some just sketches, some actual finished pieces, all done mostly for the fun of it.

Corry - A random sort of bunch of doodling I did while bored, kind of an expression reference sheet for Corry. With bonus commentary by Mini-Corry... who, actually became so popular that SOMEONE ELSE who did a pic of Cor had him in there.

Late Night - Somewhere in Part II of ONOW, Scotty working late in the shipyards. Photoshop CS2 on a Wacom Bamboo. Don't remember how long it took.

Just That Simple - A really quick piece of Scotty being a bit 'falling to pieces' in Part II of ONOW. Not perfect, but I actually liked it enough to bother posting it.

Spying - Corry and Scotty spying (kinda) in Part III. Just a sketch, done purely for my own amusement. And practice. As usual, kinda on the cartoony side.

Slipping - A quick, digital painting of Scott, at the end of his proverbial and literal rope after diving under the Lady Grey in Part IV, Chapter VI of ONOW. Gritty image, really, but came out well. It was actually pitch black down there, but that wouldn't have made much of a picture... so, I took some artistic liberties.

There are a handful of other pictures, but I'm not happy enough with them to post them anywhere.
Old November 21 2008, 07:10 AM   #124
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Re: Arc of the Wolf: On the Nature of Wind - Random Artwork

Very nice drawings...they all have a lot of character and emotion to them. :-)
Old November 21 2008, 07:15 AM   #125
SLWatson
Captain

Nerys Ghemor wrote: View Post
Still a learning artist. No where near perfect, but every piece is good practice in some way or another. Got any favorites?
Old November 21 2008, 07:30 AM   #126
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

SLWatson wrote: View Post
Still a learning artist. No where near perfect, but every piece is good practice in some way or another. Got any favorites?
Late Night and Slipping...I love the lighting effects.
Old November 21 2008, 07:46 AM   #127
SLWatson
Captain

Late Night and Slipping...I love the lighting effects.
Thanks! Late Night was actually one of the very first pictures I drew on a digital tablet. It held up well.
Old November 21 2008, 07:52 AM   #128
Nerys Ghemor
Vice Admiral

Nice!