RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 139,677
Members: 24,824
Currently online: 578
Newest member: Frazier101

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Star Trek Movies > Star Trek Movies XI+

Star Trek Movies XI+ Discuss J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek here.

Old November 17 2008, 07:58 PM   #136
Plastic Jesus
Cadet

Re: The Official Welcome Thread

Hi, my name's Gareth and I joined a fair while ago... my account sort of expired, and then I came back again.

Like the new board software, btw. As I said, I was here quite a while ago...
Plastic Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2008, 05:16 AM   #137
dillon3001
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via ICQ to dillon3001 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dillon3001 Send a message via Yahoo to dillon3001

Hey Everyone,

My name is Dillon and im 29 years old. I've grown up on TOS reruns, TOS movies and I remember where I was and what I was doing when "Encounter at Farpoint" came on TV for the first time. Ive watched all flavors of Star Trek, but TOS,TNG and ENT is what I usually watch the most. Im mostly been reading around for the last few months, but i'll be sure to post a bit more often
Old November 18 2008, 07:49 PM   #138
trekriffic
Lieutenant Commander

Hi there. Don't know how I missed this site for so long. I go by trekriffic but my real name is Steve. I also hang out on SSM and RI a lot of the time. I live in Fremont, CA and sell data communications equipment for a living. In my spare time I build models; mostly Star Trek ships but I do have a weakness for Irwin Allen kits. I'm a big fan of the original series. I hope the new film does well. The youthful cast may be just the thing to revitalize the whole ST franchise.
trekriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 03:34 AM   #139
Ralphis
Lieutenant

Well... I've actually been posting on another Star Trek website for a few years, but I've been lurking around this place for awhile and decided to start posting here.

I'm a life-long Trekkie-- and yes, I prefer Trekkie over Trekker. I'm actually a 2nd generation Trekkie as my father was a huge fan of TOS. A too am I huge TOS fan; "Let This Be Your Last Battlefield" is my all-time favorite episode. Also was a big TNG fan. And to be honest, the only movie I really dislike 'to date' is Generations. I like DS9, VOY, and ENT... but not near as much as TOS and TNG, (though I did love the 4th season of ENT). And thanks to Netflix, I'm discovering TAS.

I'm looking forward to the new movie, but am VERY SKEPTICAL. I'm willing to look past and accept the canon violations, character retcons, new Enterprise design, new bridge design, fancy CGI effects, exploding starships, topless Uhura (in fact, I welcome a topless Uhura) and product placements... AS LONG AS this movie has some heart. It's gotta be a charcter driven story. I want a good character driven story, not two hours of mindless Star Wars-like effects. [***NOTE*** I'm not dissing Star Wars. I like Star Wars. But they're two complelty different things.]

Well, I've type enough. I've got 49 posts I have to make until I can have a avatar!
Ralphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 03:51 AM   #140
Admiral Buzzkill
Fleet Admiral

This is hilarious Trek XI commentary by William Shatner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fu656gGkhI
Admiral Buzzkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 04:30 AM   #141
M
Vice Admiral

Starship Polaris wrote: View Post

That's wonderful! Pretty good editing.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 02:25 PM   #142
SalvorHardin
Rear Admiral

View SalvorHardin's Twitter Profile

Awesome

SalvorHardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 05:37 PM   #143
Kirk-Fu
Lieutenant Commander

Hi everyone. My name is Kyle. I've been a Star Trek fan for around 25 years. I remember coming home every day after school and watching TOS.
I've been lurking for about 3 weeks before I joined.
I was going to join about a week ago but couldn't think of a good user name until yesterday. LOL
I'm excited for the new movie. I've always liked the original crew the most and look forward to seeing them in a new movie.
Kirk-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 08:02 PM   #144
Tyberius
Commander

One of the few time really means what it says!
Tyberius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21 2008, 03:02 AM   #145
dillon3001
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via ICQ to dillon3001 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dillon3001 Send a message via Yahoo to dillon3001

I watch "The Enemy Within" JUST to watch that scene
Old November 24 2008, 11:16 PM   #146
Grup
Lieutenant Commander

Hello. New to the board. Have already posted a few times but just wanted to "officially" introduce myself.

Love Star Trek Obviously. TOS more than the others. Sorta liked TNG but got tired of it. I also disliked when they GQ'd Worf with a ponytail Also got tired of all the "hot" Klingon women. I always envisioned them as a little rough around the edges. You never saw a Klingon male with dimples or a cleft in his chin. But then ugly don't sell and they're not my characters.

Never got into DS9 or Voyager. And Enterprise seemed OK but just couldn't hold my attention long enough. I think I should probably giver this one another try.

And my biggest gripe is (and I know they gave some lame excuse for this in I believe TNG) is that all the aliens looked alike. There is only so many things you can do with ears, noses and foreheads. I didn't see any real imagination.

I mean in TOS you had the creature in The Man Trap, the Horta, the Gorn, Tribbles, the parasites of Deneva.

Yeah TOS used a lot of humanoid aliens as well but when they didn't; for the time, they seemed really cool. I just expected more creativity 30-40 years later.

Anyways, thats me and my opinion.
Grup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26 2008, 08:08 PM   #147
mic of orion
Commander

great idea for a thread, what to say, hm, my name is mic and I am new to these forums, well, not really true,I registered while back, anyways, glad to be here...

Benjamin Franklin
mic of orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2 2008, 09:57 PM   #148
flightmech73
Lieutenant Commander

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to flightmech73 Send a message via Yahoo to flightmech73

Hi all! My I'm Andy. Ive been poking around here for about a week now. Thought Id Sign up and say hey. Ive been into Trek my whole life. I started biulding trek models when i was a teenager and haven't really stopped. I cant wait for this movie to come out. Hoping for the best. See ya all on the boards!
flightmech73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5 2008, 05:58 PM   #149
frankncc72405a
Captain

Hello. Been around for a while but don't post very often. Glad to see all the discussion on this movie.

"You're not my type" - Gina, BSG:Resurrection Ship pt2

How Ridiculous!!!(tm)

"Wake up and smell the psychosis."
frankncc72405a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11 2008, 03:02 PM   #150
King Daniel Into Darkness
Admiral

Hi everyone. I forgot to introduce myself…

I’ve been a Trek fan all my 20-something years (I was raised on it). My favourites right now are TOS, TAS and Enterprise. I loved Nemesis and thought it was one of the best Trek films. I also read loads of sci-fi and Trek novels.
I also a big Stargate fan.

Like many fans, I notice lots of little (and large) discrepancies between the various Trek episodes (and books), but I don’t get into a flap over them. It is, after all, just a TV show (something far too many people have lost sight of).

I have an obsessive urge to start throwing rocks at fans who start whinging about ‘canon’.

Like most others around here, I’m looking forward to the forthcoming remake film.
it’s a prequel in the same way as Batman Begins is a prequel to old Adam West Batman. You can stick it before it if you really want. You might get funny looks.)

I *hate* BoringStar Borelactica (a bunch of sad, pathetic people who deserve all the suffering they bring down on themselves. Gritty and realistic? Depressing and tedious) and Star Wars (boring stuff for small children).
King Daniel Into Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote