Trek Business Card Cases
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

February IDW Publishing Trek Comics
By: T'Bonz on Nov 17

Retro Review: The Siege of AR-558
By: Michelle on Nov 15

Trevco Full Bleed Uniform T-Shirts
By: T'Bonz on Nov 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Lounges & General Chat > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Discussion of non-Trek topics.

Old November 20 2008, 05:15 AM   #31
M
Vice Admiral

Re: What do you want for Christmas?

J. Allen wrote: View Post
Peace and love for my family.
Yup, the same for me, please. Oh, and add 'friends' to that list.

Kail wrote: View Post
It may sound corny, but all I want for Christmas is a great Christmas for my son.
No, it doesn't sound corny at all.
Garak: »Especially the lies.«
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 05:24 AM   #32
freak
Commodore

Mostly, for all my family to be healthy and happy. But I would also like a little $$ as well as gift cards and some games for my Nintendo DS(I'm a sucker for that damn game console right now!)
freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 05:44 AM   #33
Mallory

Same here. I want for myself, my wife and kids to all be happy and healthy in the coming year.

And world peace.
Old November 20 2008, 05:57 AM   #34
msbae
Commodore

My list...

1.) Cold, hard Cash...

...and I need it now more than ever. I’m sure that Sallie Mae is reasonable but, she is eventually going to want her money back. Besides, I’m tired of being broke!

2.) A new TV

My current TV is busted. I do not currently know if it can be repaired or not.

3.) A Mini-shelf Stereo System

The one I have now has a malfunctioning CD Changer and it’s out of warranty too. The replacement must have Red & White RCA-Type Auxiliary Input Jacks. Those jacks will be used for my Turntable and my iPod via an adapter cable. The unit & speakers cannot be any taller than 14 ¾ inches in height. Otherwise, it won’t fit on my shelf.

4.) A Gun Belt & Holster that holds a M1911 and .45 ACP Rounds

5.) Apple iPod USB Travel Kit with Car Charger/ Travel Adapter/ Cable

Remember, it has to be compatible with an 8GB iPod Touch.

6.) 2 or 3 pairs of Blue Jeans

My size is 34 x 32.

7.) 2 or 3 pairs of Dress Slacks

They should also be size 34x32. I’m not above substituting a pair of Dockers for these slacks, either. Few would ever know or care. Navy Blue is preferred.

8.) A new Electric Razor

Gillette Fusion Power & Mach 3 blades are too expensive to keep buying again and again. A new Razor makes for a great stocking stuffer, too.

Also Holdfast, both of those ties are terrible.
msbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 06:00 AM   #35
J. Allen
Going Nowhere Fast

Send a message via ICQ to J. Allen Send a message via AIM to J. Allen Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to J. Allen Send a message via Yahoo to J. Allen

If you guys wanted peas, I've got lots of those:

J.
J. Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 06:34 AM   #36
JimCasy
Captain

I want a rice cooker, which I'm pretty sure my mom has already bought for me.

My sister's getting me dvds (she works part-time at a video store and always get me like five movies for xmas).

I'd really like season 2 of Carnivale, but it's probably too expensive. Same with a new pair of glasses. I don't know how much longer these will hold up.

Loads of cash would be fantastic, as I'm broke right now, but my family doesn't do cash (except last year my dad gave me all cash to help pay for my trip to Japan...unfortunately plane tickets are way expensive and it covered less than 1/10th of them).

A Border's gift card would be lovely.

And I actually would really like new socks and bras. Decent bras are way too expensive.
JimCasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 06:48 AM   #37
Mallory

In reality, all I really want is to spend Christmas at home this year. Last year I checked into the hospital for a transplant on 12 December and spent Christmas in a reverse-pressure isolation room with nothing more than a piece of sterilized tinsel hanging over the TV. My big Christmas present last year was two units of whole blood on Christmas Day.

It made me realize just how important (and how much I missed) Christmas with my family.
Old November 20 2008, 07:03 AM   #38
Kira's Mom
Fleet Admiral

View Kira's Mom's Twitter Profile

Gift cards from book or craft stores are always good presents for me if my family gets stumped!
Old November 20 2008, 08:03 AM   #39
Hermiod
Admiral

I have simple requests.

1) Kari Byron.

2) Assorted lengths of rope that have nothing to do with first entry on this list. Nope.

3) A promise from Arsene Wenger that he will spend at least £40m on new players over the age of 25 in January 2009.

In all seriousness, though, I don't really like the receiving presents part of Christmas. I'd just like people to not spend their money on me. All they have to give me is two weeks of the kind of peace and quiet I don't get while I'm at work.

Last edited by Hermiod; November 20 2008 at 12:29 PM.
Hermiod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 09:09 AM   #40
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile

Some way to cure the economy. It's hard to think about what I want for Christmas when the Economy is this bad and people can't even afford to feed their families let alone buy christmas gifts. This is definitely shaping up to be one of the worst holiday seasons for retail ever.
SJSharksfan39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 09:13 AM   #41
Thespeckledkiwi
Vice Admiral

Location: TheBolianChef is no more! It's theSpeckledKiwi now!

My health back...So far I've lost almost both lungs, apparently my hearing in my right ear, my right eye, the use of my right arm, my tonsils, and my teeth. So, please God. Next year, DON'T TAKE ANY MORE BODY PARTS!
Thespeckledkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20 2008, 10:36 AM   #42
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth.
Old November 20 2008, 11:21 AM   #43
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

NCC-1701 wrote: View Post
freak wrote: View Post
Mostly, for all my family to be healthy and happy.
Mallory wrote: View Post
I want for myself, my wife and kids to all be happy and healthy in the coming year.

And world peace.
It may sound corny, but all I want for Christmas is a great Christmas for my son.
You people are too corny and cheesy. You need to be re-imagined so that you're darker and edgier and more badass.
Old November 20 2008, 11:37 AM   #44
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty

RJDiogenes wrote: View Post
NCC-1701 wrote: View Post

Mallory wrote: View Post
I want for myself, my wife and kids to all be happy and healthy in the coming year.

And world peace.
You people are too corny and cheesy. You need to be re-imagined so that you're darker and edgier and more badass.
I want the Badass Captain Robau for Christmas.

... Badass.
Old November 20 2008, 12:44 PM   #45
Locutus of Bored
Full Metal Bat'leth

Holdfast wrote: View Post
(the first person to say "World Peace" dies horribly in the blaze of nuclear armageddon...)
If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

If I had two wishes I could make this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace. And the second would be for 30 million dollars a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

You know, if I had three wishes I could make this holiday season, the first, of course, would be for all the children to get together and sing, the second would be for the 30 million dollars every month to me, and the third would be for all encompassing power over every living being in the entire universe.

And if I had four wishes that I could make this holiday season, the first would be the crap about the kids, definitely, the second would be for the 30 million, the third would be for all the power, and the fourth would be to set aside one month each year to have an extended 31-day orgasm, to be brought about slowly by Rosanna Arquette and that model Paulina-somebody, I can't think of her name. Of course my lovely wife can come too and she's behind me one hundred percent on this, I guarantee it.

Wait a minute, maybe the sex thing should be the first wish, so if I made that the first wish, because it could all go boom tomorrow, then what do you got, y'know? No, no, the kids, the kids singing would be great, that would be nice. But wait a minute, who am I kidding? They're not going to be able to get all those kids together. I mean, the logistics of the thing is impossible, more trouble than it's worth! So -- we reorganize!

Here we go. First, the sex thing. We go with that. Second, the money. No, we got with the power second, then the money, and then the kids. Oh wait, oh jeez, I forgot about revenge against my enemies! Okay, I need revenge against all my enemies, they should die like pigs in Hell! That would be the fourth wish. And, of course, my fifth wish would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote