IDW Publishing January Comics
By: T'Bonz on Oct 20

Retro Review: Chrysalis
By: Michelle on Oct 18

The Next Generation Season Seven Blu-ray Details
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

CBS Launches Streaming Service
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old November 18 2008, 06:19 AM   #16
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: I still don't get it.

I certainly had issues with the flying in SR (mostly with the excessive use of a clearly digital Supes)..... but the effects were still LIGHTYEARS better than that of Lois & Clark.

Hell, I think even Superboy had better flying effects than Lois & Clark.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18 2008, 02:30 PM   #17
votd
Commander

I though the Flying in Lois and clark was appalling! The blue screen was just...bad. Especially the bit in the pilot where he lifts the shuttle into orbit.
Old November 19 2008, 01:23 AM   #18
darkshadow0001
Rear Admiral

davejames wrote: View Post
Hell, I think even Superboy had better flying effects than Lois & Clark.
Well, you got me there. I never knew this series even existed until I read about it here on the net.
darkshadow0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19 2008, 02:38 AM   #19
Lord Lunacy
Commander

Heh, I just don't see what you're seeing, not even close. To me the Flying sequences were visually superior in every way to Lois & Clarks sequences. To each their own I guess.
Old November 19 2008, 03:40 AM   #20
CorporalClegg
Admiral

I actually agree to some extent. The problem with the SR shots is they were almost too flashy. They were sort of vapid and lifeless and took me out of the movie. Of course, a lot of that had to do with the awful cutting.

I'm strongly urged to take some time and go on a "Singer Sucks!" rant, but I'll spare everyone the trouble.
Old November 19 2008, 03:23 PM   #21
RookieBatman
Commodore

Well, I agree that SR used too much CGI in the flying, which I hated, but I also agree that the flying (and pretty much all of the special effects in Lois and Clark) sucks. I'm going through season 1 right now (I'm not really a huge fan of the show, but I just had a jones for a superhero TV show--like, with costumes--and I don't own The Flash), and some of the effects are quite ridiculous. Maybe it's just because I'm watching it on a 42 inch plasma screen (I'm not saying that to brag, it isn't mine). I didn't watch Superman Returns on the big TV, though, I watched it on a crappy computer monitor. I didn't really love it the first time, but maybe it's due for a second look.
Old November 19 2008, 05:50 PM   #22
darkshadow0001
Rear Admiral

CorporalClegg wrote: View Post
I actually agree to some extent. The problem with the SR shots is they were almost too flashy. They were sort of vapid and lifeless and took me out of the movie. Of course, a lot of that had to do with the awful cutting.
Exactly my point. I thought the flying to save the shuttle was good, but the CGI just kind of makes it look fake, when I see the first Reeve film where he is saving the airplane, it just looks real. That's my point, too.

I'm strongly urged to take some time and go on a "Singer Sucks!" rant, but I'll spare everyone the trouble.
No, I don't think Singer sucks. I was actually happy that Supes was back in the theatre again. It was just the flying parts that struck me a little odd about the movie. I expected more. All though I did like it when Supes stopped the Daily Planet ball from plopping on the ground, thumbs up with that one
darkshadow0001 is offline   Reply With Quote