Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Takei Has Growth Removed
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

New Wizkids Attack Wing Ships
By: T'Bonz on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Site Forums > TrekToday News Items

TrekToday News Items Discussion of TrekToday news items

Old November 13 2008, 10:12 PM   #1
TrekToday
Rear Admiral

Takei To Join Reality Show

George Takei recently joined cast of I'm a Celebrity, but trouble began immediately upon his arrival "down under."

As reported by The Sun, seventy-one-year old Takei is taking on a challenge that might daunt a younger man, taking part in a reality show that will be set in an Australian jungle.

"I'm physical fit," said Takei, the show's oldest-ever contestant. "I used to run marathons. Now I work out every day." Takei is also ready for the lack of fine cuisine that inevitably accompanies these types of reality shows. "I'm Japanese and love sushi," he said. "I've even eaten live fish. It was delicious."

But trouble has started before Takei has even stepped into the jungle, as reported by The Mirror. Takei was angered when he arrived in Brisbane from Los Angeles to find that no one was there to meet him. "I've been left wandering the airport for thirty minutes," he said. "They assured me there would be someone to meet me."

Before his departure, Takei had more to say about Proposition 8, as reported by Pinknews.co.uk. "We feel that our marriage is valid," said Takei. "There is no language in Proposition 8 that says it's retroactive. However, the bigger picture, we are concerned about the others who did not get married and others who will want to get married in the future."

"This is a fundamental right," added Takei, "all-inclusive as the Supreme Court of California has ruled. And this is taking away that fundamental right. This is very wrong. It is going to be challenged and ultimately we will prevail."

To read more, head to the articles located here and here. The video can be seen here.

Old November 13 2008, 11:15 PM   #2
Samuel T. Cogley
Vice Admiral

Re: Takei To Join Reality Show

QUESTION: If a Takei talks shit about a Shatner in an Australian jungle, does it make a sound?
Old November 14 2008, 11:24 AM   #3
Timofnine

Samuel T. Cogley wrote: View Post
QUESTION: If a Takei talks shit about a Shatner in an Australian jungle, does it make a sound?
Someone said that there is a rumour Shatner is going to be airlifted in as a new contestant a few episodes in to the series.

Rumble in the f*ckin Jungle if true! Bring it on! haha
Old November 15 2008, 02:41 AM   #4
TheLonelySquire
Vice Admiral

TrekToday wrote: View Post
<font color=yellow>George Takei</font> recently joined cast of <i>I'm a Celebrity</i>, but trouble began immediately upon his arrival "down under." <p>As reported by <A class="link" HREF="http://www.thesun.co.uk">The Sun</A>, seventy-one-year old Takei is taking on a challenge that might daunt a younger man, taking part in a reality show that will be set in an Australian jungle. <p>"I'm physical fit," said Takei, the show's oldest-ever contestant. "I used to run marathons. Now I work out every day." Takei is also ready for the lack of fine cuisine that inevitably accompanies these types of reality shows. "I'm Japanese and love sushi," he said. "I've even eaten live fish. It was delicious."<p>But trouble has started before Takei has even stepped into the jungle, as reported by <A class="link" HREF="http://www.mirror.co.uk">The Mirror</A>. Takei was angered when he arrived in Brisbane from Los Angeles to find that no one was there to meet him. "I've been left wandering the airport for thirty minutes," he said. "They assured me there would be someone to meet me."<p>Before his departure, Takei had more to say about Proposition 8, as reported by <A class="link" HREF="http://www.pinknews.co.uk">Pinknews.co.uk</A>. "We feel that our marriage is valid," said Takei. "There is no language in Proposition 8 that says it's retroactive. However, the bigger picture, we are concerned about the others who did not get married and others who will want to get married in the future."<p> "This is a fundamental right," added Takei, "all-inclusive as the Supreme Court of California has ruled. And this is taking away that fundamental right. This is very wrong. It is going to be challenged and ultimately we will prevail."<p>To read more, head to the articles located <A class="link" HREF="http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv-entertainment/imacelebrity/latest-news/2008/11/13/star-trek-legend-george-takei-blasts-i-m-a-celebrity-organisers-as-shambolic-115875-20890265/">here</A> and <A class="link" HREF="http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/im_a__celebrity/article1920423.ece">here</A>. The video can be seen <A class="link" HREF="http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-9569.html">here</A>.<center></center>
This guy is such a disaster. He was fine during Trek but he's just gone off of a cliff with the attention seeking. Give it up, George.
Old November 15 2008, 09:23 PM   #5
Finnegan
Captain

I wonder if the door made that "phffffffft" sound (like in Trek) when he came out of the closet.
Old November 19 2008, 08:54 AM   #6
Pioneer
Captain

Finnegan wrote: View Post
I wonder if the door made that "phffffffft" sound (like in Trek) when he came out of the closet.
That was soooo wrong! But funny.
Looking to build Element #137 (Feynmanium)
Old November 27 2008, 01:49 AM   #7
extent
Ensign

http://celebrity.itv.com/CelebTracker

Takei has been pretty quiet throughout the show so far-the quiet one to win!
he seems like an all round nice guy-not attention seeking at all-especially
when comparing to the majority who seem to have been either wanting the
cameras on them throughout or stayed pretty miserable (bar a hyperactive
timmy mallet!)........ and if you dont know who timmy is...

best not to! :O

- although id expect he'd get on great with shatner!! lol
Old December 1 2008, 12:09 AM   #8
ancient
Vice Admiral

How to know you are officially at the bottom of the barrel...
Old December 1 2008, 03:19 AM   #9
Hoser
Hoser

View Hoser's Twitter Profile

Finnegan wrote: View Post

That is so sig worthy.
Old December 5 2008, 02:28 AM   #10
CaptainWacky
Rear Admiral

He's made it to the finale. WHO SAYS IT WAS A MASSIVE WASTE OF TIME!?
Old December 9 2008, 11:10 AM   #11
Haggis and tatties
Rear Admiral

I expect we will now see captain Sulu stop off at Iceland to fill up on frozen food in case the replicators break down....