RSS iconTwitter iconFacebook icon

The Trek BBS title image

The Trek BBS statistics

Threads: 138,261
Posts: 5,349,361
Members: 24,614
Currently online: 529
Newest member: robyn

TrekToday headlines

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Ships Of The Line Design Contest
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Next Weekend: Shore Leave 36!
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

True Trek History To Be Penned
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Insight Editions Announces Three Trek Books For 2015
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

To Be Takei Review by Spencer Blohm
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Mulgrew: Playing Red
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Hallmark 2015 Trek Ornaments
By: T'Bonz on Jul 24

Funko Mini Spock
By: T'Bonz on Jul 23


Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.


Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 23 2008, 01:41 AM   #1
Broccoli
Vice Admiral
 
Broccoli's Avatar
 
Location: Broccoli
QoS "Ending" (Potential Spoilers)

According to CommanderBond.net, Quantum of Solace had an extra scene at the end with Bond talking to Mr. White which could have potentially gave us a cliffhanger ending and making Bond 23 the third part of a Trilogy that would have started in Casino Royale. It was cut for whatever reasons (probably to do that one-off they were wanting).

This scene will be on the DVD, however.

The site also reported that Barbara Broccoli says that Quantum will become a recurring enemy, the way Spectre was.

Interesting. Thoughts?
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2008, 01:45 AM   #2
trevanian
Rear Admiral
 
trevanian's Avatar
 
Re: QoS "Ending" (Potential Spoilers)

There's a lot of spin on what QOS looks like ... it seems that there was a second editor on the film, so that might account for some of the reports of hysterical overcutting, but I'm going to withhold judgement till I see it. I really think this SHOULD be a damned good film, in spite of that uglyass Craig.
trevanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23 2008, 01:53 AM   #3
Broccoli
Vice Admiral
 
Broccoli's Avatar
 
Location: Broccoli
Re: QoS "Ending" (Potential Spoilers)

I'm looking forward to it like I look forward to every Bond movie: very much. I'm actually upset that it looks like I can't see it on opening day because of the play at my school I am directing. Stupid obligations that I enjoy and get paid for. :-p

I haven't found any spin on anything just yet. I just found it interesting that that there was a scene written and filmed that could have spun it into a trilogy. I guess they were not sure what they wanted to do for sure, so they had one in reserve in case they decided to go that route.
__________________
"That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens
Broccoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2008, 12:28 AM   #4
Lonemagpie
Writer
 
Lonemagpie's Avatar
 
Location: Yorkshire
Re: QoS "Ending" (Potential Spoilers)

Broccoli wrote: View Post
According to CommanderBond.net, Quantum of Solace had an extra scene at the end with Bond talking to Mr. White which could have potentially gave us a cliffhanger ending and making Bond 23 the third part of a Trilogy that would have started in Casino Royale. It was cut for whatever reasons (probably to do that one-off they were wanting).
TBH, I can't see how they could have done that scene, having seen how it ends.
__________________
"I got two modes with people- Bite, and Avoid"
Reading: Mr Mercedes (Stephen King)

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2008, 05:22 AM   #5
trevanian
Rear Admiral
 
trevanian's Avatar
 
Re: QoS "Ending" (Potential Spoilers)

Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Broccoli wrote: View Post
According to CommanderBond.net, Quantum of Solace had an extra scene at the end with Bond talking to Mr. White which could have potentially gave us a cliffhanger ending and making Bond 23 the third part of a Trilogy that would have started in Casino Royale. It was cut for whatever reasons (probably to do that one-off they were wanting).
TBH, I can't see how they could have done that scene, having seen how it ends.
I don't think it was a conversation scene. There has been some speculation that it mirrors the end of CR.
trevanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2008, 10:33 AM   #6
Lonemagpie
Writer
 
Lonemagpie's Avatar
 
Location: Yorkshire
Re: QoS "Ending" (Potential Spoilers)

trevanian wrote: View Post
I don't think it was a conversation scene. There has been some speculation that it mirrors the end of CR.
Mm. I dunno - there have been a lot of fake spoilers about QoS, such as that at the end Bond is still on the run from MI6 (not true) and the villain doesn't die (not true)
__________________
"I got two modes with people- Bite, and Avoid"
Reading: Mr Mercedes (Stephen King)

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2008, 10:39 AM   #7
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral
 
Mutenroshi's Avatar
 
Location: Mutenroshi
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi
Re: QoS "Ending" (Potential Spoilers)

There are two "Ms" in commander! Edit your link, please.
__________________
Let There Be Rock!

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2008, 01:30 PM   #8
The Evil Dead
Vice Admiral
 
The Evil Dead's Avatar
 
Location: 1123, 6536, 5321
View The Evil Dead's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Evil Dead
Re: QoS "Ending" (Potential Spoilers)

I heard Tony Stark shows up after the credits and tries to recruit Bond into the Avengers. Seriously.
__________________
"I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. I’m a machine and I could know much more."
- Cavil, Battlestar Galactica
The Evil Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1 2008, 01:53 PM   #9
Emher
Admiral
 
Emher's Avatar
 
Location: Emher
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher
Re: QoS "Ending" (Potential Spoilers)

trevanian wrote: View Post
There's a lot of spin on what QOS looks like ... it seems that there was a second editor on the film, so that might account for some of the reports of hysterical overcutting, but I'm going to withhold judgement till I see it. I really think this SHOULD be a damned good film, in spite of that uglyass Craig.
As someone who's seen the movie that's my personal theory as well. It is still a very good movie but it does have VERY quick cuts a lot of the time.
__________________
"I am who I am. Someone has to be."-Brendan Gleeson as Reynald in Kingdom of Heaven. - Emher
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bond, bond 23, casino royale, quantum of solace, spectre

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.