Star Trek #39 Sneak Peek
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Gaming

Gaming Non-Star Trek Gaming

Old October 27 2008, 04:51 AM   #211
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Re: The unofficial Rock Band thread.

I just feel like I want to get money for my characters as I play. What's even worse is that money you make is tied to a character, not to your account... so even though you can customize your band, you have to play through four characters to get enough money before you can dress up your band.
They're small things, but it's still fairly annoying.

One thing about fans is that after you hit 1 million, you get a lot very easily if you play on expert. Of course, it's just one of those things where once they hit the crazy hard songs that I have to go down to hard.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2008, 06:33 AM   #212
TheBrew
Vice Admiral

I just swap out characters when I want to get more money on one. Once I have a look, I am cool with it. I do like how easy it is to swap out characters.

As an aside, does anyone know of a cheap wireless solution for the 360? I had to move my TV into a different room from my router. I know there's the official kit, but I remember hearing somewhere that you can use a generic usb wireless as well.
For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2008, 07:16 AM   #213
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Yeah, you can use a wireless bridge.

And, my problem is that there's the 100k achievement... which I'm going to grind out eventually I suppose. I refuse to do the endless setlist though, which is how some people are getting all the money they need.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
Old October 27 2008, 08:01 AM   #214
Aragorn
Admiral

So if I were a star whore or achievement whore or 100% whore or whatever you want to call it, I'd be pissed that a song set required me to download specific songs.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27 2008, 08:03 AM   #215
IJD GAF
Rear Admiral

I bought the official wireless dongle at Gamestop for somewhere in the 70-80 dollar range, which seemed a tad more reasonable. Didn't feel like fooling around with a wireless bridge, and I had a little birthday money lying around.
Old October 27 2008, 01:36 PM   #216
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
So if I were a star whore or achievement whore or 100% whore or whatever you want to call it, I'd be pissed that a song set required me to download specific songs.
I'm pretty sure you don't need the DLC to get any of the achievements. You do need people though!
(Like Fable 2, actually. )

Old October 28 2008, 12:17 AM   #217
mrcoaster
Fleet Admiral

You don't need the DLC to get achievements. Though it can be needed for some of the Battle Of the Bands challenges. Which I haven't played recently, since it's hard as hell to beat 3-4 person bands when you're just playing 1-2 people. We should play together and play some of the Battles. I don't have to win them all. Just fun to compete and see how you can do vs your friends and such.

As for the DLC tomorrow, I'm getting all but the "Melatonin" track. That will put me at around 320 total songs in the game. It's definitely nice to have the variety, but it can be tough to perfect a lot of songs when you have that many. There are always a ton more songs to perfect.

Next week's "Presidents Of The USA" DLC will be good, but I wish they'd offered "Kitties" and "Peaches" to the pack. Also, somebody mentioned on the RB Forums that Lita Ford said she had delivered some tracks to RB, so we may see her in the game in the coming months. Cool!
Old October 30 2008, 10:58 PM   #218
Aragorn
Admiral

Downloads for the week of Nov. 2:

That free 20-pack of songs you've never heard of before.

The Presidents of the United States of America pack
"Dune Buggy"
"Feather Pluck'n"
"Ladybug"
Old October 31 2008, 12:41 AM   #219
mrcoaster
Fleet Admiral

And of course, that AC/DC thingy (not DLC, but once I export it, it will be exactly like DLC).

I'm picking up all three Presidents tracks this week, of course. Still no word on if you can select the 20 free tracks individually. Even if you can't, the question is whether or not you can delete them individually on the 360 - or are they all tied together in the pack so that it's all or nothing. If you can single out certain tracks, then I'll pick out 4-5 of them that sounded ok when I checked 'em out last week. If it's all or nothing, then I'll pass. There are just too many songs I have zero interest in from the free pack.
Old October 31 2008, 02:37 AM   #220
Aragorn
Admiral

Anyone know how to go about unlocking every single song officially in-game without the cheats in Rock Band 2? In the last game, you just went through the entire list and that was that. But in this game, there's all the bonus setlists and venues and all that stuff.

If I've unlocked every single venue in Tour mode, is that it? What about challenge mode? If I've unlocked every challenge tier, is that it or do I have to play all the setlists?
Old October 31 2008, 03:59 AM   #221
Brikar99
Rear Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
Anyone know how to go about unlocking every single song officially in-game without the cheats in Rock Band 2? In the last game, you just went through the entire list and that was that. But in this game, there's all the bonus setlists and venues and all that stuff.

If I've unlocked every single venue in Tour mode, is that it? What about challenge mode? If I've unlocked every challenge tier, is that it or do I have to play all the setlists?
I've been wondering that myself. I'm not even that long into it and I've played "White Wedding" at least a handful of times.
Old October 31 2008, 04:25 AM   #222
Montresor
Vice Admiral

^The quickest way (from what I've heard, and did) is to do the decade challenges in Challenge mode. As soon as you unlock the first one (I think it's 70s) just play the challenge, then continue with the other decades as they're subsequently unlocked (60s, 90s, 00s, etc.) When you're done (and have therefore unlocked at least one challenge in each challenge tier) all songs will be accessible.

In all, you play probably 20 or so songs to unlock everything that way, which is MUCH quicker than going through tour mode.
Montresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2008, 05:23 AM   #223
TheBrew
Vice Admiral

Yeah, but tour mode is fun. I don't know the the track list off the top of my head, so it was fun for Trees to show up. I thought I had everything and it was a nice surprise.
For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31 2008, 06:06 AM   #224
Aragorn
Admiral

So what are everyone's favorite songs? I always have time to play More Than a Feeling and Livin' on a Prayer on lead guitar.
Old October 31 2008, 11:13 PM   #225
Aragorn
Admiral

Available at Walmart on Nov. 2: