Kirk’s Well Wishes To Kirk
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Quinto In New Starz Series
By: T'Bonz on Apr 15

Star Trek: Horizon Film
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Star Trek: Fleet Captains Game Expansion
By: T'Bonz on Apr 14

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 24 2008, 08:32 PM   #31
PKerr
Rear Admiral

Re: HULK....SMASH!!!!

I bought the super secret Target version.

Pretty nifty box.

I was amazed at how many scenes were deleted.
PKerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2008, 03:00 AM   #32
M'rk, son of Mogh
Rear Admiral

RobertScorpio wrote: View Post
...and because of the failure of Hulk 08 I doubt there will be a hulk 3...
There probably will be:

Producer Gail Anne Hurd told MTV that Edward Norton's not done going green. "It's all going to depend on the screenplay and where his character goes in any sequel, because he does have a multiple-picture deal," she said. "[Norton's situation] is the same with every franchise like this, when you have one of the top actors of his generation." So he's got some time off? "Next, he's likely to appear in an 'Avengers' movie, but that's completely up to Marvel," she said. "It's wonderful that Marvel now controls so many of their own characters, and they can create a Marvel universe in film and populate it with so many of their characters who naturally exist together. I think an 'Avengers' film is a very exciting prospect."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=18566
M'rk, son of Mogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2008, 03:21 AM   #33
Good Will Riker
Admiral

^^^

That I would pay "real money" to see!
Good Will Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2008, 12:03 PM   #34
Saul
Rear Admiral

I hope there is another stand alone Hulk film. I loved the most recent one. Fine comic book movie.
Old October 25 2008, 12:14 PM   #35
Mutenroshi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mutenroshi

So no CapAm cameo and/or picture?

Jack Beauregard: "You shine like the door of a whorehouse!"
Nobody: "I like folks to see me."
Mutenroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2008, 09:49 PM   #36
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

M'rk, son of Mogh wrote: View Post
RobertScorpio wrote: View Post
...and because of the failure of Hulk 08 I doubt there will be a hulk 3...
There probably will be:

Producer Gail Anne Hurd told MTV that Edward Norton's not done going green. "It's all going to depend on the screenplay and where his character goes in any sequel, because he does have a multiple-picture deal," she said. "[Norton's situation] is the same with every franchise like this, when you have one of the top actors of his generation." So he's got some time off? "Next, he's likely to appear in an 'Avengers' movie, but that's completely up to Marvel," she said. "It's wonderful that Marvel now controls so many of their own characters, and they can create a Marvel universe in film and populate it with so many of their characters who naturally exist together. I think an 'Avengers' film is a very exciting prospect."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=18566
I was glad to clink the MTV link and see its a dateline of 10/23. I was worried it would be an old pre-release article.

There really does need to be another stand alone Hulk movie and the next best time is foreseable post-Avengers. It allows for a new stage to be set for which the characters can play.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2008, 11:52 PM   #37
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

M'rk, son of Mogh wrote: View Post
Yeah, but that would have REALLY cheapened the movie. Having Iron Man come in and save the day in a movie called "The Incredible Hulk"?? Yeah, in an Avengers movie, maybe, or for an earlier fight. Not a final fight and not as a cameo. Thematically and dramatically BAD idea.
Definitely. But it could have been a cool cameo if he'd swooped down in full armor after the battle to take custody of the Abomination on behalf of SHIELD.

Temis the Menace wrote: View Post
I never saw the Ang Lee version (as a Hulk fan from waaay back, I didn't want to look at it )
You should check it out--especially if, as I gather, you're a fan of the comics version. The new movie may have had more action in quantity, but the quality was off. The Ang Lee film has an excellent, classic battle with the military in the desert, buried deep into the film though it is. And of course, Ang Lee's Hulk retained the ability to leap great distances. In the new film, the Hulk just spent way too much time smashing up cars.
50 years ago on the week of April 4: With a little help from their latest #1 single, the Beatles occupy the top five spots on the Billboard Hot 100 chart--a feat yet to be matched.
The Old Mixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2008, 12:03 AM   #38
M'rk, son of Mogh
Rear Admiral

The Dead Mixer wrote: View Post
I never saw the Ang Lee version (as a Hulk fan from waaay back, I didn't want to look at it )
You should check it out--especially if, as I gather, you're a fan of the comics version.
Agreed! It's odd that someone claiming to be a fan from "waaay back" would avoid this film, especially when it seemed so heavily influenced by the older books of (especially) Bill Mantlo and Peter David!
Old October 26 2008, 07:06 AM   #39
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

I avoided it because

1) Eric Bana is totally wrong for the role. Miscasting Banner is a deal-breaker for me. Banner needs to have an almost savage intelligence that is the counterpart to the Hulk's savage strength. Very few actors could be said to have a savage intelligence, but Edward Norton is one of them.

2) The stuff about Banner's father sounds like idiotic psychobabble to me. A comic book movie should get to the point, be clean, lean & mean and not belabor or overcomplicate things.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2008, 07:10 AM   #40
Dream
Admiral

I avoided it because
Did you watch/like Iron Man? I've noticed that you never talk about that around here.
Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2008, 04:54 PM   #41
M'rk, son of Mogh
Rear Admiral

A comic book movie should get to the point, be clean, lean & mean and not belabor or overcomplicate things.
I can totally understand the Bana part (though you should still give it a chance some day! )

But the last part puzzles me, as that was the fuel for about 20 + years worth of storytelling in the comics, it's the part they totally got right.

Banner sees his mom murdered by his dad, Banner's mind creates the Hulk, eventually at her grave, Banner confronts his father about it and kills him, blocking it out of his mind and screwing him up even more. Gamma radiation eventually unleashes that part of his personality, the part of his childhood that was repressed, angry, and didn't want to be bothered by the world. So they didn't get the murdering of his dad part exact, but the psychological underpinnings of the character are dead on.
Old October 27 2008, 01:37 AM   #42
DWF
Vice Admiral

MurderRoshi wrote: View Post
So no CapAm cameo and/or picture?

No and I thought that was something of a rip off, you see him smash the side of the glacier but it cuts off before you see Cap's body in it.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote