Star Trek 3 Potential Director Shortlist
By: T'Bonz on Dec 16

Official Starships Collection Update
By: T'Bonz on Dec 15

Retro Review: Prodigal Daughter
By: Michelle on Dec 13

Sindicate Lager To Debut In The US Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Dec 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode
Excellent 31 39.24%
Above Average 31 39.24%
Average 12 15.19%
Below Average 4 5.06%
Poor 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 25 2008, 08:49 PM   #196
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile
Re: HEROES 3x06 "Dying of the Light" Discuss and Grade

I agree... but it's fun to look for serendipitous "clues" in earlier episodes. Even if they weren't originally intended as such.
Kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25 2008, 09:24 PM   #197
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Kelso wrote: View Post
^ Another good one...

When I was a kid, I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. Oh, they weren't bad people, they were just insignificant. I wanted to be different... special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be important.

- Syler ('6 Months Ago' Season 1)
Yeah I noticed that one! It was pretty much the first thing he ever said in the series. But at that point, weren't the writer still thinking they'd kill him off in the season finale, in which case they couldn't have been thinking of him being a Petrelli yet. I think they just throw stuff out there open-endedly that could be used in the future in various ways.

I have a theory where they're going with Sylar. Peter's lost the seeing ability so now he can't use it to save the world. Sylar will do it instead; using the power that makes him evil to be a hero. Whee!
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2008, 04:59 AM   #198
Morpheus 02
Commodore

Acronymity wrote: View Post
I have kinda a dumb question from a show that shows no consistency with how powers work, but I ask it anyway.

We're to assume aging is just like any other physical affliction, which healers like Claire and Adam can just shrug off.

Stealing Adam's power causes the effects of aging to finally show on him.

Wouldn't stealing Peter's power cause the effects of his head-impaling to finally catch up with him? Why wouldn't he die just like Adam did?

It was a cool death scene, but logically I think it'd make more sense for Adam to have just not been able withstand new injuries and age normally, rather than have the effects of his healing suddenly undone.

My wording here is off but I think what I'm saying makes sense.

i think it makes sense....but are we 100% sure that Adam aged because he was robbed of his healing powers?

Or could it be this: Adam lost his healing powers, making him vulnerable to ANY destructive power. In this case, Arthur Petrelli thought it would be ironic if he used the power of accelerated aging (or a power that turns things to ashes). And with no way to heal -- poof! he's gone! (as opposed to Claire & the nuclear man).

After all, Arthur has several powers to use...it's just difficult to use some of them (or basic bodily functions). But certainly he must have some other power to keep Senior Parkman scared of/obedient to Senior Petrelli!
Morpheus 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26 2008, 05:14 AM   #199
Hanukkah Solo
Admiral

Morpheus 02 wrote: View Post
Acronymity wrote: View Post
I have kinda a dumb question from a show that shows no consistency with how powers work, but I ask it anyway.

We're to assume aging is just like any other physical affliction, which healers like Claire and Adam can just shrug off.

Stealing Adam's power causes the effects of aging to finally show on him.

Wouldn't stealing Peter's power cause the effects of his head-impaling to finally catch up with him? Why wouldn't he die just like Adam did?

It was a cool death scene, but logically I think it'd make more sense for Adam to have just not been able withstand new injuries and age normally, rather than have the effects of his healing suddenly undone.

My wording here is off but I think what I'm saying makes sense.
i think it makes sense....but are we 100% sure that Adam aged because he was robbed of his healing powers?

Or could it be this: Adam lost his healing powers, making him vulnerable to ANY destructive power. In this case, Arthur Petrelli thought it would be ironic if he used the power of accelerated aging (or a power that turns things to ashes). And with no way to heal -- poof! he's gone! (as opposed to Claire & the nuclear man).

After all, Arthur has several powers to use...it's just difficult to use some of them (or basic bodily functions). But certainly he must have some other power to keep Senior Parkman scared of/obedient to Senior Petrelli!
I think you're putting too much thought into it. I think the writers decided to have Adam suddenly age, dry out, and crumble to dust not because it was logical, but because it made for a shocking opening scene.
Hanukkah Solo is offline   Reply With Quote