TV Alert: Shatner TNG Documentary
By: T'Bonz on Aug 25

Forbes Cast In Powers
By: T'Bonz on Aug 22

Dorn To Voice Firefly Character

No ALS Ice Bucket For Saldana

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade the episode
Excellent 31 39.24%
Above Average 31 39.24%
Average 12 15.19%
Below Average 4 5.06%
Poor 1 1.27%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 21 2008, 03:12 AM   #31
romulus
Fleet Captain

Re: HEROES 3x06 "Dying of the Light" Discuss and Grade

I really liked this episode, the multiple threads did not bother me as much.

I was kind of pissed they killed Adam too but he was not doing much anyway so fuck em. So the dads power is absorb other people's power while taking it away from them? I guess that's how he killed Adam, nice.

I wonder if Sylar will get to take down daddy and is that guy also Sylar's dad? I was kind of hoping they where hinting that Angela had been around...

Looks like things are starting to come together, we are about half way though this volume right? I was starting to think Peter would be the bad guy this time around, but I guess not, too bad.
romulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 03:16 AM   #32
Dorian Thompson
Admiral

I don't see how Adam could come back. He's dried up and blown away. Nothing to reassemble but dust. No DNA left. Man, Papa Petrell is a bastard, but a depowered Peter is the best thing that could have happened to the storyline.

Mohinder really needs to go. Like yesterday, and so does Claire. Hayden is the most unconvincing badass I've ever seen. I have zero interest in Claire. Go to college, Claire. All three of your parents can stay. You may go. Daphne was sort of cute with Parkman. Hiro continues to annoy. Now, can we actually get some Peter and Nathan time next week maybe?

Average but with a bit of promise.

Best disaster animal relief charity around. Don't forget our animal friends. Donate, train to be a volunteer, or be a foster parent for a displaced pet.
Dorian Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 03:28 AM   #33
DontFeedPhil
Fleet Captain

Yeah Claire or Hayden CANNOT do badass. They just keep trying with her but they keep on failing miserably. Its gotta be hard to do Badass when they keep making her cry (or almost cry) whenever she gets into a little trouble. Those two dont mix well. Just give it up. Maybe they should introduce her to her Grandpa...and hopefully he asks her for a hug...
And De-Powered Peter is awesome. Now maybe they can have other powered people keep coming by his cell every other day and beating the shit out of him. Thats the only way I want to keep seeing blockhead...I mean Peter.
And Please introduce Mohinder to Mr. Petrelli. Please? And make him ask for a hug..
But I did get one of my wishes. At least maya wasnt wearing yet another designer/brand new getup. I like what she is wearing right now. It suits her.

And I just noticed that they dont seem to be doing the super-imposing of the titles into the intros anymore. I kinda miss that...
DontFeedPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 03:31 AM   #34
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

The only thing Peter has left is his stupid facial expressions.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 03:47 AM   #35
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

I liked this "brotherhood of mutants" Arthur is setting up. Next week he'll levitate the golden gate bridge
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 04:02 AM   #36
Meredith
Vice Admiral

I loved the humor bit with the shovel-chan and Hiro-san. Awesome!!!

They need to get Nigel Bennet in the series!!
Old October 21 2008, 04:03 AM   #37
Agent Richard07
Admiral

The last five minutes was the best of the season. I wonder how Peter will get his powers back. I'm guessing that he'll have to take the serum. Unfortunately, he won't necessarily have all the different powers he's collected unless he gets near dad.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 04:23 AM   #38
FALCONX0N
Captain

I just had a total brain fart.

Papa Petrelli was strongly hinted not to have any powers...then there's his whole powers-stealing-thing all of a sudden. Did he always have that? Why'd he go into hiding, how did he get hurt, etc etc?

Then, it occurs to me-- oh, yeah. The Serum. Maybe he isn't a natural mutie, either...and the Peter/Sylar simularities are just coincedences. Or that the serum affects bloodlines similiarly...
FALCONX0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 04:23 AM   #39
Anwar
Vice Admiral

He may still have his original powers, if Dad is Rogue. They may just take some time to come back.
Anwar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 04:24 AM   #40
DarthPipes
Rear Admiral

BTW, loved the bit when Ando said they all look the same to him and Hiro called him a racist.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 04:50 AM   #41
OdoWanKenobi
Ring Slinger

FALCONX0N wrote: View Post
I just had a total brain fart.

Papa Petrelli was strongly hinted not to have any powers...then there's his whole powers-stealing-thing all of a sudden. Did he always have that? Why'd he go into hiding, how did he get hurt, etc etc?

Then, it occurs to me-- oh, yeah. The Serum. Maybe he isn't a natural mutie, either...and the Peter/Sylar simularities are just coincedences. Or that the serum affects bloodlines similiarly...
I assume you're referring to the comic where he meets Linderman. Maybe he had just never touched a person with powers before he met Linderman, and didn't know he had powers until he absorbed one.
Old October 21 2008, 05:04 AM   #42
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

A pretty good episode this week. Some major things happened, which is always good.

Adam's quick aging death was awesome. Easily one of the best deaths on the show.

Peter without powers is going to be interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing where they take that plot.

Kaijufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 06:14 AM   #43
LutherSloan
Fleet Captain

I swear the writers for the show were reading last week's thread, because a few people (including myself, I believe...) predicted that Hiro would just stop time and get a fake sword and blood, to fake Ando's death. For whatever reason, Daphne didn't notice time stopping, unlike in an earlier episode...

Expand Medicare for All!!
LutherSloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 06:30 AM   #44
Psylent1
Captain

I was wondering why Parkman's Dad was so scared of Daddy Petrelli last week, now we know what scares the Nightmare Man.
Psylent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21 2008, 06:34 AM   #45
firehawk12
Fleet Admiral

So, now that all the characters have officially been rebooted, I'm not sure I'm even invested in the show anymore.

Sylar's sudden change from crazy evil man who sucks up Claire's power to good guy over the course of four episodes or so? They undid pretty much the entire first season. Ugh.

"How do you trust a nation that's invented Karate? They're standing there in their pajamas... then they kick you in the balls!"
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote