Bridge Layout guess

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by ancient, Oct 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

This sketch is based off of the bridge shot with the captain's chair and the group shot in front of the viewer:
    [​IMG]
    Before anyone says it, yes this is about 75% assumption. I assume the bridge is perfectly symmetrical, for example. I assume there's nothing special just off camera. The proportions, size, and positions are all very loose guesstimations. I assume the nav/helm consol is just a bigger version of that podium since it's not in any shot.

EDIT: This is also slightly oval: 20ft radius on the fwd axis, 22ft radius on the prt/stbd axis.

So...what'd you think?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  2. Stag

Stag Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WOW, nice job. Although I think you give it too much area forward in the viewscreen location. I understand why you may have added it, but I think it is forced perspective making it look more recessed then it is.

What are the blue lines?

Also, I think your lift locations are correct I just think the angle is off. I think the doors open roughly in the same plane as the front edge of the sciences console and that the alcove is at an angle which would tuck the turbolifts up next to the outer perimeter of the bridge section instead of extending outwards as they currently are illustrated.

3. EyalM

EyalM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So where is the hostess podium?

4. MadBaggins

MadBaggins Captain Captain

I don't get it.

5. ancient

The forward section is was a really hard thing to make look reasonable. That picture gives away very little in terms of size, distance. and proportion.

Oh, whoops. The blue lines are the glass circuit-board partitions. The one in the front is the main view-screen.

The red lines are railings.

6. ancient

Ok, just to make it absolutely clear where this layout came from:

PHOTO 1:
    [​IMG]

PHOTO 2:
    [​IMG]

What those photos are seeing is in green here:

[​IMG]

Roughly. The little teal dots are about where the people are standing.

7. Eric Cheung

Eric Cheung Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I would guess there are probably two less banks of stations (or four of those red dots for seats) and the turbolifts are further back. I think the angle we got in the shot with Kirk in his chair is misleading as well as the one with the viewscreen. But it sounds like a reasonable guess.

Cool.

8. OneBuckFilms

OneBuckFilms Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Take a closer look at the sloping area above the rear stations, and then angle that the turbolift doors and the Helm/Nav chairs.

I think the camera angles chosen might be a little off.

9. Jackson_Roykirk

Jackson_Roykirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think there could be only one turbolift and still be more-or-less symmetrical, just like in TOS. The turbolift in the publicity shot is a bit more "off the centerline" than the TOS lift, but I don't think the difference is too great.

10. Tyberius

Tyberius Commander Red Shirt

The Port turbolift door (behind and to the right of the hostess station) appears to be in the same plane as the aft wall. Follow the makeup mirror lights and the ceiling joint above, and you will see that the vertical door joint is only separated from the ceiling by a piece of molding and not set back much at all. The lift access door needs to be moved in and forward to the circular plane.

ETA: Over Chekhov's shoulder appears to be a - treadmill? Some kind of station anyway.

11. ancient

A size comparison to the original bridge: (keep in mind that I guessed the size of the new bridge)
    [​IMG]
    Not much larger. About 120-130%

12. GilmourD

GilmourD Commander Red Shirt

I think the perspective angle on the top shot is really rotated a bit counter-clockwise. Look at the chair at the navigator position. On top of that, your green cone of vision doesn't grab the environmental station like the top picture does. I think the right boundary of your cone of vision should be perfectly vertical in your picture, grabbing both the navigator and helm chairs equally and the environmental station should be where the turbolift is in your picture. Therefore, I think that the turbolift is closer to the TOS position than your picture makes it out to be.

I agree with Eric Cheung about having less stations, too.

13. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't get the sense there's QUITE as much space between the glass panels and the stations behind them as you have here. Looks like it's probably a tighter squeeze in the pic.

The other thing that seems off, is that for the bridge being as expansive as you have it, Sulu should be a little closer to the camera. Unless the navigation console is really damn long...

But I do like your idea of there being two "hostess stations" instead of just the one. The bridge would look a lot more balanced and the console wouldn't stand out as much as it does now.

In any case, it's a cool looking layout. :)

14. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

so we had two Sulu pictures with some a few more teases at the bridge
    [​IMG]

this is the back of the ship. You can kinda of see the hostess.

then sulu's station

[​IMG]

15. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

kinda looks like a uterus to me

16. ancient

Ok, here is version 2.0:

[​IMG]
    This is at twice the scale size of the last, hopefully making it easier to read. This version lines up more closely with the two bridge shots. Still not perfect, this is trial and error, but MUCH closer than the first, I think.

17. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

i am very happy with how the bridge looks like. glad there isn't that "lava lamp" look/lighting to it like the original lol.

18. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Vice Admiral Admiral

they've updated those lava lamps with snake lamps

From sulu's station to the view screen that's alot of space up front.

I'd add a line inbetween to depict a step.

19. ancient

And also:
    [​IMG]
    Sorry if the little letters are a bit hard to read. The red spots are about the position of the people in picture 1 and 2.

The green is what we can see in each pic. Anything not in green is total guess-work. Still, I'm getting a bit better of a feel for it.

20. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I like this one.

Not exact, as you say, but I think very much in the same ballpark as what we see in the pictures.
    :techman:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.