Shatner: Aging and Work
By: T'Bonz on Apr 23

Kurtzman And Orci Go Solo
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Star Trek #32 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Apr 22

Voyager Bridge Via The Oculus Rift
By: T'Bonz on Apr 21

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old October 10 2008, 12:26 AM   #16
Jax
Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland
Re: Bones - anybody still watching? (SPOILERS thru 4x05)

BenRoethig wrote: View Post
Trubinator wrote: View Post
I'd like for Booth and Bones to get together already and I think a lot of people agree with me. So yeah, I'm still watching, but it's not a perfect show.
Look, its eventually going to go that way, but its too early.
Bones will easily last 6/7 seasons so I think we can wait on that till near the end of next year. The writers love to inflict pain on us though with Hodgins & Angela
Glengarry Glen Ross (B-) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (B+) Dark Skies (B-) Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (B-) Gravity (C+) Captain Phillips (B) Now You See Me (B) Escape Plan (B-) Captain America: The Winter Soldier (B+)
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10 2008, 12:39 AM   #17
Sakrysta
Vice Admiral

NX_01 Mark wrote: View Post
anybody still watching you say...

Only 10 million
I meant on the board, silly person.

I REALLY hope they fix Hodgins & Angela. They are perfect for each other, and the breakup "reason" was just stinky.
Old October 10 2008, 12:43 AM   #18
Jax
Admiral

There Sacreepy Doll wrote: View Post
NX_01 Mark wrote: View Post
anybody still watching you say...

Only 10 million
I meant on the board, silly person.

I REALLY hope they fix Hodgins & Angela. They are perfect for each other, and the breakup "reason" was just stinky.
I know but wanted to tell the good news since I really love the show I could try and do the weekly grading threads if you want can stick it up after my daily ratings thread.
Glengarry Glen Ross (B-) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (B+) Dark Skies (B-) Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom (B-) Gravity (C+) Captain Phillips (B) Now You See Me (B) Escape Plan (B-) Captain America: The Winter Soldier (B+)
Old October 10 2008, 12:51 AM   #19
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

They (B&B) end up together...

this season....

And Zach was kicked off the show because the writers wanted to shake the cast up for no reason at all, except to copy House.
Old October 10 2008, 01:34 AM   #20
Jax
Admiral

I would of loved to see season 3 pan out properly in a full 22 ep but am not hating the current guest of the week so I think come the midseason we need to add a full time cast member to the position.
Old October 10 2008, 01:51 AM   #21
PKTrekGirl
Arrogant Niner Thug

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PKTrekGirl

I watch Bones, only a season behind for the most part because I watch on DVD.

The DVDs are still not out for season 3, however, and so I got impatient and started watching season 4 when it began airing. It's clear that I missed a few things, but nothing I couldn't figure out in a couple of episodes. And I'll watch season 3 when they (finally) put out the DVD set.

I like the show - I just hope that Zach comes back, because I don't care for these dopey assistants and I liked him alot.

Other than that, I don't have any particular feeling about how things should turn out. I like the show partly because it's so easy to watch without feeling like you have a stake in how it turns out.

Star Trek XI - "You know, if you have ten extra sombreros lying around, I have an idea on how to improve your current avatar..." - Samuel T. Cogley
PKTrekGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11 2008, 06:55 PM   #22
May 20
Consumer of cookies and milk

Yep, I'm still watching Bones. I like the mysteries and the character interactions. But I miss Zack. I understand the need for the twist at the end of the season, and from what I've read, if the season had gone as it had been planned, Zack would have died rather than been locked up.

So, I'll take locked up. At least we'll get to see him every once in a while.

And, where is the DVD set for season 3?!? I want it.

If stress burned calories, I'd be a size 5.
May 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12 2008, 07:31 AM   #23
Trubinator
Rear Admiral

That is from a fantasy episode so it doesn't really happen. And yeah, I'm sure the show will last six to seven seasons. I'd still like for them to get together around the end of season four or near the beginning of season five though. I really enjoy seeing what happens AFTER people get together, as opposed to getting a five minute send-off in the series finale. It's a small gripe though...very good show still.
Old October 12 2008, 08:32 PM   #24
bigdaddy
Vice Admiral

PKTrekGirl wrote: View Post

The DVDs are still not out for season 3, however, and so I got impatient and started watching season 4 when it began airing.

This is really stupid. Whatever happened to releasing the DVD set before the next season?

Season 3 comes out November 18th.

And the show will easily last 6-7 seasons, the ratings are great for Fox, and the reruns also do really well.
Old October 13 2008, 07:19 AM   #25
Flibble
Fleet Captain

I'm still watching the show, even though the break up of Angela and Hodgins was so throw away and they didn't even try to reconcile their relationship.
Flibble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2008, 07:52 AM   #26
Vanyel
The Imperious Leader

After what happened with Zack I wasn't sure I'd watch this season. I'm glad I did. I thought that Angela's "free spirit" personality was just a bit too much for Hodgins. Good thing he's pretty even tempered. He could pull strings and have Angela sent bye bye.

HMMMMMMMMM. Ya know...In way he is their boss. The Hodgins are the single largest benefactors for the Jeffersonian. It's possible he could have Zack brought back to the lab, provided Zack is cleared. Hodgins doesn't like throwing his weight around, but like it or not, his name has weight. He pretty much pays the salaries of everyone but Booth. That could be a way to bring back Zack, if the writers want him back. The revolving door grad students will get old before this seasons end, so something has to be done.

I don't want Brennen and Booth to get together, it works in a comedy like Cheers but not in a drama. It'll go all Moonlighting if they get together. They need to get close but no closer than Mulder and Scully did (until the last few seasons anyway.)
Old October 13 2008, 08:23 AM   #27
Bob The Skutter
Admiral

View Bob The Skutter's Twitter Profile

Flibble wrote: View Post
I'm still watching the show, even though the break up of Angela and Hodgins was so throw away and they didn't even try to reconcile their relationship.
Yeah, I hate that, when shows get a couple together and just to break them up.
Old October 13 2008, 09:24 AM   #28
Pingfah
Admiral

^ I suspect it's more like they've broken them up to eventually get them back together. I think they got them together with good intentions, but then got lazy and used their relationship as an excuse to pen a few easy episodes.

They've really gone off the deep end trying to inject some interpersonal strife between the main characters. The breakup was so badly mishandled, they broke up over essentially nothing. I think I spent most of that episode staring at the screen with a confused look on my face thinking "are they serious?".

For a start Angela is supposed to be the down-to-earth sensible, experienced one, but her reasoning was the sort of thing you expect to read in a 16 year old's break up note.

- Richard "Richie" Richard
Pingfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13 2008, 12:15 PM   #29
Jax
Admiral

Just to let you all know Bones is on a break until November 5th since they have done 7 episodes already, I dunno why they didn't give Bones 24 episode season since they missed out on 7 last year and 1 before that.