Trek 3 Shooting Next Spring?
By: T'Bonz on Sep 16

Star Trek: Alien Domain Game Announced
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

Old October 7 2008, 02:12 AM   #1
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

What is Clark's "Secret"?

I mean I think Clark is too dull and thick to know what his actual secret is, since when I cottoned onto the sum total of the massive secret he was hiding as he understood it is that "he is an alien with super powers" I really had to wonder how galactically stupid the lad is?

Totally in the vein of Pushing Daises, he MURDERED LANA'S PARENTS!!!!

For the first 6 seasons, he would have to not tell Lana that he'd killed her parents or she'd stop kissing him and inviting him inbetween her legs to make babies... ARRGH! That is some massive confliction dealing with the twofacedness that this girl would only "love" him as long as he persisted in a lie.

More so you have to ask if the first "Meteor" strike wasn't part of some asteroid shield to protect his ship from the interstellar voyage which seemed to be immediate since Kryptonians totally use subspace and can use energy fields to create shields as well as build ships tough enough to take the worst licking space travel has to offer... That there's no way a mass that size could have been accidentally dragged through an other dimensional subspace to Earth.

His father blighted the earth with mentally deranged demigods. I mean it seems that only crazy people have the mental drive to outwardly manifest meteor powers reflective of their inner turmoil, because lets face it sane people with these powers would just be competition for Clark's eventual manifest destiny. All this time he was supposed to have been making alliance and gathering footsoldiers but he never got so far into his training at the fortress to understand the legacy left to him.

The meteors were effective threefold, first the initial devastation would hide the ship and allow it to land with out notice, and second the thousands of meteor Freaks popping up all over the world at exactly the same time puberty is developing Clarks Super powers was another camouflage effect planned out by Jor-El to hide his son inbetween a huge newly emerging population of Super humans... And third, and this is for the future, if Clark is really meant to take over the world, that is one hell of an Army that Jor-El built for him.

Here's where it gets confusing. The Kents were chosen and vetted to rise Clark, but still their finding the babe of steel seemed to be an accident and amazingly complicated luck. There's no way that could have happened unless there was a Kryptonian agent left behind after the portals closed who arranged events to play out just so or someone had mesmerised/programmed Martha and Jonathan into rendezvousing with the crashed space craft and waiting infant.

So really, the ship wasn't needed. And neither were the Meteors to hide the ship or the last son of Krypton's emerging abilities that would mark his as freakish and alone. All those Smallvillians had to die including Lana's Parents so that Clark could coast under the radar before he was ready to get things sorted. It's all dog wagging rather than the complications of mass transit.

And this is without mentioning the three elements or Veritas.

I might be over thinking this, but I seriously wonder if the writers on Smallville thunk at all about the implications about what a secret worth keeping all that time actually was... If the truth as I just said it were to become common knowledge Clark would end up owing the citizens and township of Smallville billions and Billions of dollars for an atrocious and unnecessary act of vandalism and terrorism...

And why he never took credit for balding Luthor at the climax of last seaosn I will never know. Thy were both about to die, it was about the right time to finally give in to spite.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz

Last edited by Guy Gardener; October 7 2008 at 02:23 AM.
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2008, 03:05 AM   #2
Brian
Vice Admiral

Re: What is Clark's "Secret"?

Why would he owe for a crime committed by his father?
Old October 7 2008, 03:17 AM   #3
Trekker4747
Fleet Admiral

I don't see how any "blame" can be placed on Clark for the death of Lana's parents (and anyone else lost in the meteor shower.)

I mean, it was all collateral damage from a natural event. That Clark happened to be IN the meteor shower doesn't, and shouldn't, make a difference. At if Lana's parents had been minutes later or earlier arriving at their destination in DT Smallville they'd still be alive.

It was just a shitty roll of the dice and Clark shouldn't mope around about like he personally dropped the meteor on her parents' heads.
Old October 7 2008, 05:00 AM   #4
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

brains! wrote: View Post
Why would he owe for a crime committed by his father?
You father buys/builds you a car. On your first trip out, he tells you to go buy him cigarettes and you crash into the drugstore killing everyone therein because he cut the brake line and put TNT in the trunk.

Accidental or Intentional, Clark was an important factor in deciding who lived and died that day in the same way you could argue the manned missions to the moon were piloted by astronauts or flung there by engineers.

Maybe Clark doesn't deserve the lion's share of the guilt, but he hasn't been asked to carry a mote by the tptb who control the story and plot of this program.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2008, 05:48 AM   #5
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

Clark was a baby. He couldn't possibly be more innocent.
Old October 7 2008, 05:50 AM   #6
Kryton
Admiral

Heh...and I always thought the secret was that he was an alien and not just a meteor freak like everyone else.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2008, 06:22 AM   #7
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
He's Superman.
Old October 7 2008, 07:53 AM   #8
Ryan Thomas Riddle
Rear Admiral

View Ryan Thomas Riddle's Twitter Profile

What is Clark's secret?
That he's had the misfortune to be on a series about him becoming Superman far too long without becoming Superman.
Old October 7 2008, 08:01 AM   #9
Bacl
Fleet Captain

The Dead Mixer wrote: View Post
Clark was a baby. He couldn't possibly be more innocent.
Suuuuure, babies are CUTE...but make no mistake! They are here to replace you!
Old October 7 2008, 01:43 PM   #10
Forbin
Admiral

A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
He's Superman.
And you're Captain Obvious!

Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2008, 04:17 PM   #11
Brian
Vice Admiral

Wasn't the meteor shower a natural event, which Jor-El used to hide Kal-El's approach? Jor-El didn't create it.
Old October 7 2008, 05:09 PM   #12
A beaker full of death
Vice Admiral

Forbin wrote: View Post
A beaker full of death wrote: View Post
He's Superman.
And you're Captain Obvious!

Old October 7 2008, 06:32 PM   #13
Aragorn
Admiral

All the repetitive "you're keeping something from me, Clark" nonsense from Lex and Lana throughout the series is pathetic. Let's just say that Clark had a threesome with two hookers and did some blow before meeting you for dinner. Because he didn't immediately come out and tell you about it, that makes him deceptive and non-trustworthy?
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2008, 06:33 PM   #14
John Picard
Vice Admiral

Aragorn wrote: View Post
All the repetitive "you're keeping something from me, Clark" nonsense from Lex and Lana throughout the series is pathetic. Let's just say that Clark had a threesome with two hookers and did some blow before meeting you for dinner. Because he didn't immediately come out and tell you about it, that makes him deceptive and non-trustworthy?
In my book, that would make him a "with it" kind of guy.
Old October 7 2008, 07:54 PM   #15
The Old Mixer
Vice Admiral

brains! wrote: View Post
Wasn't the meteor shower a natural event, which Jor-El used to hide Kal-El's approach? Jor-El didn't create it.
The meteors presumably came from the destruction of Krypton, and only bombarded Earth because they went through the same space warp as Kal-El's ship...so Jor-El is responsible, in that he sent Clark to Earth via that space warp...and it's reasonable for Clark to feel some guilt by association...but by any rational, objective standard, Clark couldn't possibly be held to blame for that, since he was an innocent child.