Saldana In The Book of Life
By: T'Bonz on Oct 17

Cracked’s New Sci-Fi Satire
By: T'Bonz on Oct 16

Beltran Introduces Shakespeare To Theater Group

Burton To Be Honored at Facets Boo! Bash

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade Sanctuary for All
Excellent 6 13.95%
Above Average 20 46.51%
Average 14 32.56%
Below Average 0 0%
Poor 3 6.98%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 7 2008, 01:15 AM   #76
Tulin
Vice Admiral

Re: Sanctuary 1x01/02 - "Sanctuary for All" - Grading & Discussion

It was a series of webisodes that was touted as the world's first made for the net series.

I remember quite a few people on here bagging it, largely because they said the effects were not the level they wanted. It always amazes me that science fiction fans, who should be the most open to new things, are usually the most critical.

As I said, now all those same people will jump on the bandwagon and claim they followed the show "from the beginning".

Tulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2008, 01:57 AM   #77
DWF
Vice Admiral

Well the ratings were good.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1779

#1 Program Among Adults 25-54
2.7 Million Tune In For Series Premiere
New York, NY October 6, 2008 SCI FI’s groundbreaking new original series Sanctuary, which premiered on Friday, October 3 (9-11 pm), was the #1 primetime cable entertainment program among Adults 25-54 and the #4 among Adults 18-49. Sanctuary delivered more than 2.7 million total viewers (P2+), 1.08 million Adults 18-49, and 1.4 million Adults 25-54. With its 2.2 HH rating, Sanctuary is the highest rated original series premiere since Eureka made Channel history in July 2006.
Sanctuary helped to make SCI FI the #1 cable network airing entertainment programming in 8-11 pm primetime with Adults 25-54, and among adults 18-49 the Channel was ranked #2.
SCIFI.com also had record highs. Since measurement began in 2006, Sanctuary is the best performance online for any SCI FI series debut in all key metrics. Sanctuary’s web performance boosted SCIFI.com to 1.2 million page views, 208,000 uniques, and 287,000 video streams on Friday, October 3, 2008.
--- Harlan Ellison, from his introduction
to the PINNACLE series of Doctor Who books
DWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2008, 02:04 AM   #78
Gertch
Admiral

DWF wrote: View Post
Excellent. And to think we were there when it first aired.
Gertch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7 2008, 05:27 AM   #79
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Interesting enough, even if some of the reedits from the webisodes made it play a bit differently.

At first I thought the Daniel Jackson clone was the same guy who played the Daniel Jackson clone in Cube Zero, but I guess not.....
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2008, 02:23 AM   #80
Zod
Commander

Watched it last night and I liked it. It was above average with lots of room for growth.
Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2008, 03:34 AM   #81
Kelso
Vice Admiral

View Kelso's Twitter Profile

Was Dr. Zimmerman hitting on Helen? He kept implying that she looks to be in her mid-thirties and was shocked that she could have a 23 year old daughter.

It just seemed like an odd thing to say... esp. for a guy who is supposed to have amazing powers of perception or deduction.
Kelso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2008, 05:42 AM   #82
Akiraprise

Just watched this today. It was surprisingly good. I went in not expecting a heck of a lot. Will definitely be watching future episodes.

Above Average
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Akiraprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2008, 07:05 AM   #83
Jax
Admiral

Akillaprise wrote: View Post
Just watched this today. It was surprisingly good. I went in not expecting a heck of a lot. Will definitely be watching future episodes.

Above Average
Pretty much the same though annoyed how easy Ripper was defeated, I hope he returns to be a recurring villian otherwise total waste of plot cause he seemed like a cool bad guy.

Great to see so many SG people there but David needs to return as the wacky dude because he played it so well in the web episodes.
If Fidelity to freedom and democracy is the code of our civic religion then surely the code of our humanity is faithful service to that unwritten commandment that says we shall give our children better than we ourselves received
Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8 2008, 09:00 PM   #84
Akiraprise

^ I'm sure he'll be back. He mentioned something about the other 3 (or was it 5?) coming. He's probably got clones or identical siblings running around out there.
Satan Alien: "You're in a dangerous profession Captain. You face death everyday. There will be another time, and I'll be waiting. Eventually you're coming to my matrix and you will nourish me for a long long time."
Janeway: "Go back to Hell. Coward."
Akiraprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9 2008, 12:32 AM   #85
JD
Admiral

NX_01 Mark wrote: View Post
Akillaprise wrote: View Post

Above Average
Pretty much the same though annoyed how easy Ripper was defeated, I hope he returns to be a recurring villian otherwise total waste of plot cause he seemed like a cool bad guy.

Great to see so many SG people there but David needs to return as the wacky dude because he played it so well in the web episodes.
Christopher Heyerdahl was credited as a regular, so hopefully we should be seeing alot more of him.