Retro Review: Shadows and Symbols
By: Michelle on Sep 27

Meyer: Revitalizing Star Trek
By: T'Bonz on Sep 26

Trek Costumes To Be Auctioned
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Hulu Snaps up Abrams-Produced Drama
By: T'Bonz on Sep 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Sports and Fitness

Sports and Fitness It's football, not soccer.

Old September 27 2008, 09:08 PM   #826
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Well done Hull. Thoroughly deserved win. Maybe now Arsenal will finally remember you can actually shoot the ball into the net, as opposed to strolling it in. It's about time they lost that sort of game. No late equaliser/winner this time, not even from Gallas.

Well done Derby. You're still my favourite losers and always will be I like teams beating QPR and their ilk - anything to show money is not everything.

A very good day of the beautiful game... but no one will talk about anything other than that ************* penalty.
Old September 27 2008, 11:41 PM   #827
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

View Tomalak's Twitter Profile

Hermiod wrote: View Post
More UEFA news - the UEFA Cup will be renamed the "UEFA Europa League" from next season.
What a shit name.

The 'Six Nations' sounds cool though.

HappyDayRiot wrote: View Post
Well done Hull. Thoroughly deserved win. Maybe now Arsenal will finally remember you can actually shoot the ball into the net, as opposed to strolling it in. It's about time they lost that sort of game. No late equaliser/winner this time, not even from Gallas.

I love that in the game in which they literally did walk the ball into the goal, they lost to a 30 yarder and a header. Brilliant.
Old September 28 2008, 10:40 AM   #828
dragunzng
Rear Admiral

View dragunzng's Twitter Profile

It's about time they lost that sort of game. No late equaliser/winner this time, not even from Gallas.
Think we already lost that sort of game this season. Although we did play a lot better than the Fullham game, Hull were pretty amazing, a lot of respect for them and I hope they go far this season.

EDIT: Amazingly Gallas almost did get an equaliser, still not entirely sure how he manages to do that more often than not.
Old September 28 2008, 07:25 PM   #829
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

The good weekend continues. Spurs' misery reaches new lows for the 6th week running, and Wigan saw off those wannabes. Excellent.
Old September 29 2008, 09:01 AM   #830
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Derby win, Stoke and Forest lose.

Sweet.
Old September 29 2008, 09:01 AM   #831
Angel4576
Rear Admiral

Sweet.
Old September 29 2008, 04:19 PM   #832
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral

I would have appreciated it the Hull fairytale didn't have a chapter titled "Emirates". Hull were organized, disciplined, and kept a rigid defensive shape. Sure. And they played a physical game. Granted. But Arsenal simply weren't good enough. Hull's first goal was special. But Arsenal's vulnerability to simple set pieces, time and time again, would be comical happening to someone else; but comedy is not the stuff of the top clubs in the world. It's not the stuff that wins the league either.

The time to fix it is right now.

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."
TheArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2008, 01:30 PM   #833
Starkers
Admiral

Angel4576 wrote: View Post

Sweet.
What do you have against Stoke?

Yeah it was a good day, and hopefully we can continue our run of form tonight, although Birmingham won't be pushovers.

It is a bit depressing that Hull now have as many points as we managed all season...still on the up side we had more points this time last year than Spurs have now!

"God! Whose hand was I holding?"
Starkers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 30 2008, 03:32 PM   #834
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

If that's not the final damning indictament of Spurs then I don't know what is.
Old September 30 2008, 10:22 PM   #835
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

It's okay everyone, Arsenal are the best team on the planet again. I know 'cos that's what the papers will say tomorrow.
Old October 1 2008, 12:31 AM   #836
dragunzng
Rear Admiral

View dragunzng's Twitter Profile

Tomalak wrote: View Post
It's okay everyone, Arsenal are the best team on the planet again. I know 'cos that's what the papers will say tomorrow.
Aw! Not enough attention for you Reds lately? You guys still have the "pull it out of the fire in the last minute in European competition" thing going, let us have the "OMG did you just see that move but they didn't score" thing.

Except this time we did score. Four times. Even though it should have been seven. :P
Old October 1 2008, 11:14 AM   #837
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Liverpool will be plastering the back pages tomorrow. Their destruction of a poor-looking PSV will probably contain Gerrard's 100th goal, and that will be the end.

Personally I care more that Emile Heskey's next Premiership goal will be his 100th as well
Old October 1 2008, 12:24 PM   #838
Tomalak
Vice Admiral

dragunzng wrote: View Post
Tomalak wrote: View Post
Aw! Not enough attention for you Reds lately?
Ha! You've obviously not seen the latest "Liverpool fans are evil" piece in the Times.
Old October 1 2008, 07:55 PM   #839
SlyCardie
Commander

Quite I game, I didn't see it but when I read the scoreline/wrap up I was speechless...Maybe it will help them refocus though.
SlyCardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1 2008, 09:45 PM   #840
Iasius
Rear Admiral

Inter Milan only 1:1 vs Werder Bremen. Given the way this game went in the first half I'd have suggested a 2:0 or 3:0. But in the end, I think Werder Bremen had given away enough chances to have won this game. It would've been somewhat lucky, but not entirely undeserved IMO. Still, a 1:1 is very nice. Now If only we had scored a goal against Famagusta ...