Red Shirt Diaries Episode Three
By: T'Bonz on Sep 15

Made Out Of Mudd Photonovel

Takei Has Growth Removed

Retro Review: Tears of the Prophets
By: Michelle on Sep 12

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Please rate this episode after you've seen it.
A - Excellent 1 7.14%
B - Pretty good. 12 85.71%
C - Tolerable 1 7.14%
D - Horrible 0 0%
E - I don't care, I watch with the sound off, waiting for Jason & the other guys to get nekkid 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 28 2008, 11:34 PM   #1
OmahaStar
Disrespectful of his betters

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar
True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers

From Zap2It -

"Jason is taken into police custody again; Sookie is urged by Gran to use her telepathic abilities to exonerate her brother; Bill takes Sookie to a vampire bar in Shreveport."
Old September 28 2008, 11:46 PM   #2
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy
Re: True Blood 1x4 "Escape From Dragon House" - Spoilers

Sounds like a good episode

Can't see it 'till tomorrow though

LJ

LJ2
Trippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2008, 01:26 AM   #3
ancientone51
Rear Admiral

Getting geared up for this. Want to see Eric.

"What f*cking reincarnated royal bug did I step on to earn this?" - Per my insane daughter.
ancientone51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2008, 02:32 AM   #4
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

This episode makes me kind of appreciative for American prudishness, there's some things I'm not sure I'd want to see.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2008, 06:01 AM   #5
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

V juice makes yo jimmy bigger!

Vampire bar was underwhelming.

Bill knows how to handle cops.

Which leads a question, how could a vampire have a valid driver's license? Tests at night?
MeanJoePhaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2008, 10:51 AM   #6
Vendikarr
Rear Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Vendikarr

MeanJoePhaser wrote: View Post
Which leads a question, how could a vampire have a valid driver's license? Tests at night?
That's easy. Once vampires 'came out' they began filing lawsuits against essential business and government services for discriminating against them. Now places like the DMV have to provide 'after dark' service.
"They have to help the viewers let go. Firefly did a movie to wrap things up. Buffy the Vampire Slayer continued on as a comic book. Heroes gradually lowered the quality season by season until we were grateful it ended.” - Sheldon Cooper
Vendikarr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2008, 01:31 PM   #7
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

V juice makes yo jimmy bigger!

Vampire bar was underwhelming.

Bill knows how to handle cops.

I guess they'd have to hire artists to render a "photo" of a vampire to put on the license.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2008, 01:47 PM   #8
MeanJoePhaser
Admiral

Vampires can be photographed. Remember Sam watched the video of the girl having sex with one.
MeanJoePhaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29 2008, 03:48 PM   #9
OmahaStar

View OmahaStar's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to OmahaStar Send a message via Yahoo to OmahaStar

Vampires can be photographed. Remember Sam watched the video of the girl having sex with one.
Jason watched.

Also, Nan Flanagan was shown on Real Time. The promo documentaries (True Lines?) they showed before the series started had a few people coming up to Bill and asking to take pix with him.

I thought the cop situation was handled better here than in the book, since this cop was real. And pissed his pants. lol

This week's episode was more playful fun than anything else. We have an introduction to Erik, and could he have been more underwhelming? Pam was completely wrong, also. Most things I've been ok with, but those two are essential to this series, and they're completely ... wrong.

Jason getting his V Juice, that's comedy folks. LaFayette warned him, take one drop, two at the most, and he takes the whole thing ... and then won't fess up, even with the prospect of losing his boy bits.

Getting blisters ... freaking hilarious there.

And much more insight into this Tara's background, her childhood, and Jason being her protector. We now have an explanation as to why she's gaga over him, and it fits in perfectly with this character. That tough, sassy exterior isn't her at all. It's a persona she's adopted to keep people away. She won't dare let anyone get close enough to really know her. Some interesting changes there.
Old September 29 2008, 11:44 PM   #10
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

View Trippy's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Trippy Send a message via Yahoo to Trippy

^Yes, I'm glad to know why Tara is so ga ga about Jason, the eggplant dicked man!

Why were the cops busting Fangtasia? I though Vamps had rights...what were they doing wrong? (except feeding on apparently willing humans)

Last edited by Trippy; September 30 2008 at 02:11 AM.
Old September 29 2008, 11:53 PM   #11
DeadmeatDiggory
Commander

I enjoyed this episode more than the other three. Seemed they've gotten over (at least this week) the constant need to have the more extreme sex scenes its possible to broadcast on Cable TV, instead of having character development -- and thank god we got one week without seeing the brother naked (although I'm sure he'll be nuding it up next week).

Enjoyed the Vamp-Lord, look forward to see more of him, and less of the "Oooh we're scary human-eating Vampires" trio.

Question: Am I alone in think that the dude on owns the bar is a Werewolf (I thought so last week, this week maybe he's just a creep)?
Old September 30 2008, 12:32 AM   #12
OmahaStar

DeadmeatDiggory wrote: View Post
I enjoyed this episode more than the other three. Seemed they've gotten over (at least this week) the constant need to have the more extreme sex scenes its possible to broadcast on Cable TV, instead of having character development -- and thank god we got one week without seeing the brother naked (although I'm sure he'll be nuding it up next week).
One of the reasons I am glad I have HBO again ... They like to show hot buff yummy guys sans clothing.

Enjoyed the Vamp-Lord, look forward to see more of him, and less of the "Oooh we're scary human-eating Vampires" trio.
Oh, Erik isn't a Lord. He's just the Sheriff. lol

Question: Am I alone in think that the dude on owns the bar is a Werewolf (I thought so last week, this week maybe he's just a creep)?
Yes to the first part, and disagree to the second part. Sam isn't a Were.
Old September 30 2008, 01:57 AM   #13
RaymondJames
Captain

Pretty Good episode.
Old October 2 2008, 12:23 AM   #14
Trippy
NaNoWriMo Victim

Does anyone know the title of the first novel in this series? I'm making a trip to the local bookstore tomorrow for the latest Star Trek book, and I'd like to start this series too. I was looking around on amazon, but couldn't find a description that said 'first'.
Old October 2 2008, 01:04 AM   #15
Lapis Exilis
Rear Admiral

Dead Until Dark.