TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Tech

Trek Tech Pass me the quantum flux regulator, will you?

Old September 25 2008, 02:12 AM   #46
sojourner
Admiral

Re: WARP derived from known physics

Dude, the people on here have repeatedly asked for more detail and all you have done is come up with excuses. If you can't supply the math, then you will never be able to do anything with your "lucid visualizations" anyways. Even if you do come up with a working idea for warp drive, if you can't communicate it, then it won't do anyone any good.
Old September 25 2008, 03:32 AM   #47
Unwrapped
Continuity Spackle

Send a message via ICQ to Unwrapped

I'd appreciate it if things didn't get too personal. I'd prefer not to close this thread.

"If you think you're brave enough to walk the path of honor, then follow me into the dragon's den."

Knight Exemplar
Unwrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2008, 03:13 PM   #48
SonicRanger
Rear Admiral

prometheuspan, the fact that you are surprised by and increasingly hostile toward our reactions to your unsupported "axioms" suggests that it is you who is unfamiliar with the realities of working in science, not us. If you cannot coherently explain "Axioms" #6 and #12, just to pick two, from first principles, then we're correct to think you have nothing.
Old September 26 2008, 10:07 AM   #49
shipfisher
Commander

I do wish you luck in your quest for an FTL drive mate, though this forum may not align well with the sort of feedback you seek.

To step out of trekish ramblings for a moment, the likely impossibility (or at least extreme difficulty) of real FTL drive is probably a built-in safety feature of the universe against the likely exploitative ambitions of any species that's in it's technical infancy - like us. Maybe the answers to the FTL problems follow a few thousand (million?) years of technical (and moral) development.

We might be better served with our best and brightest solving climatic and economic problems right now.

Last edited by shipfisher; September 26 2008 at 10:26 AM.
shipfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2008, 04:12 PM   #50
l0ft
Cadet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autodidact

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymath

I am truly bored talking about me and sure you have all sorts of insights into warp theory that would be much more interesting.
"Unlike those with autism, people with AS are not usually withdrawn around others; they approach others, even if awkwardly, for example by engaging in a one-sided, long-winded speech about a favorite topic while being oblivious to the listener's feelings or reactions, such as signs of boredom or haste to leave" -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome Section 2 Social Disorder.

I hate to attack you personally however the problem is obvious. You do not posses the social skills to have a conversation with 99% of the population. Your rantings have been nothing short of one sided, and further more you have been ignoring most of what we've been saying here. We have tried to give our two cents but it's clear that you don't want to hear it. As far as alpha dog, I only see you trying to have the last word and it seems to be only your "axioms" that are the correct way to go. This community has rejected your theory. Clean it up and make more sense and we'll be happy to review it again.
l0ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2008, 09:24 PM   #51
Tigger
Fleet Captain

Unicron wrote: View Post
I'd appreciate it if things didn't get too personal. I'd prefer not to close this thread.
I think the OP's stance requires it, personally, but it is clear nothing of substance is going to come out of it, so I will no longer waste my time perusing or participating in it.
Old September 28 2008, 09:56 PM   #52
Ronald Held
Rear Admiral

None of these arguments should be personal.
Ronald Held is offline   Reply With Quote