Star Trek #35 Preview
By: T'Bonz on Jul 8

New ThinkGeek Trek Apparel
By: T'Bonz on Jul 7

Star Trek Movie Prop Auction

Drexler: NX Engineering Room Construction

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Misc. Star Trek > Trek Literature

Trek Literature "...Good words. That's where ideas begin."

Old September 25 2008, 07:38 PM   #1051
Man of Steel
Fleet Captain

Send a message via AIM to Man of Steel Send a message via Yahoo to Man of Steel
Re: Destiny trilogy - speculations

The comedy team of MAD strikes again.
Old September 26 2008, 10:53 PM   #1052
JAG
Vice Admiral

I got my copy today!! off to read.
Old September 26 2008, 11:04 PM   #1053
LightningStorm
The Borg King

Borders called and told me my special order was in for this one (Gods of Night). Ordered it along with the currently sold out Kobayashi Maru. So I'll be halting the reading I'm currently doing (A Gutted World and the 3rd Terok Nor book) to start and finish this one. I really can't wait.
Old September 27 2008, 12:24 AM   #1054
JD
Admiral

I finally, got a chance to check both Borders, and B&N and no luck yet. This is both good and bad for me, good because I'm still reading Kobayashi Maru and A Gutted World, but bad because I want to get my hands on the book.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2008, 01:12 AM   #1055
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

Got mine today!
Old September 27 2008, 03:06 AM   #1056
Osquevel
Lieutenant Junior Grade

No luck at the Borders in Fairfax or Arlington (Pentagon City) ... both say it's "on the way" or should be on its way... I may resort to Amazon.

And ParticleMan and ClayinCA, I was actually about to post something to the same effect. At least the ones in my area are carrying the newer books (still a few copies of KM and GTTS among other recent titles) still floating around. And the one in Fairfax even has a few older tites... finally got my hands on Star Charts
Osquevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2008, 06:03 PM   #1057
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

No luck at the Border's last night. I thought about driving over to the Borders Express in the mall, but I figure they won't have it, either. There's one close to work - I might swing by when I leave the office today and see if they have it. Haven't checked Barnes & Noble yet.

I thought about ordering it from Amazon, but I see no reason to pay extra for shipping. Plus, the moment I order the book, it'll magically appear in the store and I'll go stir-crazy waiting for my shipment to arrive.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2008, 07:11 PM   #1058
JAG
Vice Admiral

Call the store and ask them to order it for you. I called my local BN on Monday and had it Wednesday.
Old September 27 2008, 07:43 PM   #1059
Trent Roman
Rear Admiral

Passed by a bookstore yesterday, figured I'd pop in, and there it was. That said, it'll wait on the shelf for a while, because I picked up Greater than the Sum and Kobayashi Maru at the same time, and want to get those two read before I launch into Destiny. Looking forward to it, though.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman
Old September 27 2008, 08:00 PM   #1060
JeremyW
Commander

Marco Palmieri wrote: View Post
David Mack wrote: View Post
^ That's because I'm the Daffy Duck to your Bugs Bunny. I won't quit as long as you keep writing because...

...wait for it...

...you're despicable!
Terrific. I'm trapped in a perpetual Warner Bros. cartoon. So much makes sense now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au3JeK_cdGk

"Wile E. Coyote, Super-Genius."

You know... I like the way that rolls out.
You're trapped? Hmm...I find that funny 'cause you're the one that keeps 'em around. BTW: Great Warner Bros. clip. Personally, I think you do like being trapped in a Warner Bros. Cartoon...it makes days go by a lot better when you don't have to think of the crap going on in the outside world.
Old September 27 2008, 08:12 PM   #1061
William Leisner
Scribbler

View William Leisner's Twitter Profile

JeremyW wrote: View Post
You're trapped? Hmm...I find that funny 'cause you're the one that keeps 'em around. BTW: Great Warner Bros. clip. Personally, I think you do like being trapped in a Warner Bros. Cartoon...it makes days go by a lot better when you don't have to think of the crap going on in the outside world.
Smile, darn ya, smile!
You know this old world is a great world after aaaallllll...!!
William Leisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2008, 08:12 PM   #1062
JD
Admiral

I actually found it at Wal-Mart today, which I am still in shock over, because it usually takes at least a month or two after it's been published for them to get it. So now I just need to finish KM and then I can start it.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2008, 08:20 PM   #1063
JeremyW
Commander

JD wrote: View Post
I actually found it at Wal-Mart today, which I am still in shock over, because it usually takes at least a month or two after it's been published for them to get it. So now I just need to finish KM and then I can start it.
You got yours at Wal-Mart? Sweet! I'll be on the road when Destiny comes out...I'll have to pick it up in Salt Lake City when I get there next week...at least it gives me something to read on my way back home to Calgary (yeah right, I'll probably have it done in a night)
Old September 27 2008, 08:30 PM   #1064
William Leisner
Scribbler

View William Leisner's Twitter Profile

For anyone keeping track, the book appeared right on schedule in suburban Minneapolis this weekend.

When does BookWatch 2 begin?
William Leisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27 2008, 10:21 PM   #1065
Baerbel Haddrell
Commodore

To my big surprise, I got my copy from Amazon UK today! I am not used to it at all that Amazon UK is actually delivering a new Star Trek book quickly.

I have already read the first chapters and so far it is impressive.