TV Alert: Pine On Tonight Show
By: T'Bonz on Dec 22

Retro Review: The Emperor’s New Cloak
By: Michelle on Dec 20

Star Trek Opera
By: T'Bonz on Dec 19

New Abrams Project
By: T'Bonz on Dec 18

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > Science Fiction & Fantasy

Science Fiction & Fantasy Farscape, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Firefly, vampires, genre books and film.

View Poll Results: Grade "The Mousetrap"
"I'll be back." (Excellent) 14 20.90%
"Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average) 29 43.28%
"Thank you for explaining." (Average) 22 32.84%
"Hasta La Vista Baby." (Below Average) 2 2.99%
"You are Terminated." (Failure) 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 24 2008, 07:36 PM   #211
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Re: Terminator 203 "The Mousetrap" - Discuss/Grade <SPO>

why the fuck is "Dancing with the stars" so popular?
No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2008, 07:43 PM   #212
Turtletrekker
Vice Admiral

^That's a mystery for the ages...
Old September 24 2008, 07:48 PM   #213
TheArsenal
Rear Admiral

Because it's not just dancing. And it's not just stars. It's dancing with the stars.

"F*** you! That's my name. You know why mister? 'Cause you drove a Hyundai to get here tonight. I drove an eighty thousand dollar BMW. That's my name."
TheArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24 2008, 11:39 PM   #214
DarthPipes
Vice Admiral

In my mind, Furlong's Connor didn't show much leadership in T2 beyond being a cocky fool. He did show more street-wise toughness than Dekker's Connor, something which I miss. It seems like we're getting something closer to the wussy John Connor of T3, though if the producers make good on their promise of having John mature into a true leader, I wouldn't mind so much.
Yeah, he is closer to T3 John, who was a pathetic wimp that was going through the motions while everyone around him was actually doing something.

Look, I understand John wants to live a little. It's important not to be completely isolated and not to enjoy life. I understand that. But no other 16-year-old I know is the future leader of humanity hunted down by nearly unstoppable killer robots. There's no excuse for him to be careless with his own safety.

In fairness, Sarah stupidly chose to remain vague and not tell him that Cromartie was on the hunt. At the same time, John should know his mother well enough to have known something was wrong.
DarthPipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2008, 12:15 AM   #215
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

Took me awhile to remember this website but its got a good look at the ratings
http://pifeedback.com/eve/forums/a/t...51/m/315109161
Prime-Time Ratings:
Monday 9/22/08

-Total Viewers:
ABC: 17.22 million, CBS: 13.13, NBC: 8.58, Fox: 5.87, CW: 3.22

-Adults 18-49:
CBS: 4.5 rating/11 share, ABC: 4.3/11, NBC: 4.1/10, Fox: 2.4/ 6, CW: 1.5/ 4

----------

-Yesterday’s Winners:
Dancing With the Stars (ABC), Two and a Half Men (CBS), CSI: Miami (CBS)

-Honorable Mention:
The Big Bang Theory (CBS), How I Met Your Mother (CBS)

-Disappointing:
Heroes (NBC)

-Yesterday’s Losers:
Heroes Clips Show (NBC), Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Fox), Prison Break (Fox), Worst Week (CBS), Boston Legal (ABC)

----------

Note: Any prior rating results are based on the final nationals. Since the level of DVR penetration has increased from 13 percent at this same point last year to approximately 23 percent at present, the overall results may be negatively impacted.\

----------

-Ratings Breakdown:
Well, folks…let the 2008-09 games begin! On that note…ABC and CBS split leadership on this first Monday of the new season, with dancing ABC the most-watched network and CBS first among adults 18-49. NBC finished a disappointing third, followed by Fox and the CW.

The two-hour season-premiere of ABC’s Dancing With the Stars opened on a very dominant note, with 21.12 million viewers and a 5.3 rating/13 share among adults 18-49 from 8-10 p.m. Here is the half-hour breakdown:

Dancing With the Stars (ABC)
8:00 p.m. - Viewers: 20.11 million (#1), A18-49: 4.8/13 (#1)
8:30 p.m. - Viewers: 22.01 million (#1), A18-49: 5.5/14 (#1)
9:00 p.m. - Viewers: 21.26 million (#1), A18-49: 5.3/12 (#1t)
9:30 p.m. - Viewers: 21.10 million (#1), A18-49: 5.5/12 (#1)

The year-ago 90-minute season-opener of Dancing With the Stars scored a very similar 21.25 million viewers and a 5.8/15 among adults 18-49 on Sept. 24, 2007. As for the new round of contestants, Lance Bass is the early standout. Sadly, it looks like my personal favorite, Edyta Slininska, will be departing tonight as a result of her clunky partner, comedian Jeffrey Ross. There was nothing funny about his performance last night.

Dancing With the Stars led into the season-premiere of relocated Boston Legal, which squandered the hefty support with a last-place 9.41 million viewers and a 2.4/ 6 among adults 18-49 at 10 p.m. Comparably, retention out of the last half-hour of Dancing With the Stars was just 45 percent in total viewers and 44 percent in the demo. ABC was smart to announce this as Boston Legal’s final season.

CBS featured four season-premieres last night -- The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men and CSI: Miami -- plus the series-debut of Worst Week. Here are the opening results results:

8:00 p.m. The Big Bang Theory – Viewers: 9.36 million (#2), A18-49: 3.6/10 (#2)
8:30 p.m. How I Met Your Mother – Viewers: 9.74 million (#2), A18-49: 4.0/10 (#2)
9:00 p.m. Two and a Half Men – Viewers: 14.93 million (#2), A18-49: 5.3/12 (#1t)
9:30 p.m. Worst Week – Viewers: 11.04 million (#2), 18-49: 3.8/ 9 (#3)
10:00 p.m. CSI: Miami – Viewers: 16.87 million (#1), A18-49: 5.1/13 (#1)

The returning series were all above year-ago opening levels, but Worst Week dipped by 1.19 million viewers and 16 percent among adults 18-49 from former occupant Rules on Engagement (Viewers: 12.23 million; A18-49: 4.5/10 on Sept. 24, 2007). And the retention out of Two and a Half Men was disappointing at just 74 percent in viewers and 72 percent in the demo. Not a good start. As for The Big Bang Theory, Emmy really needs to take notice of Jim Parsons this season.

The return of Heroes on NBC, meanwhile. was a big disappointment last night. The one-hour clips show was third in the 8 p.m. hour, with 5.96 million viewers and a 2.6/ 7 in the demo. That led into the two-hour season three premiere at just 9.89 million viewers and a 4.9/12 among adults 18-49 from 9-11 p.m. Here is the half-hour breakdown:

Heroes (NBC)
9:00 p.m. – Viewers: 10.15 million (#3), A18-49: 4.8/11 (#3)
9:30 p.m. – Viewers: 10.28 million (#3), A18-49: 5.0/11 (#2)
10:00 p.m. – Viewers: 9.61 million (#3), A18-49: 4.9/12 (#2)
10:30 p.m. – Viewers: 9.52 million (#2), A18-49: 4.8/12 (#2)

One year earlier, Heroes kicked-off the season (on Sept. 24, 2007) with a much heftier 16.97 million viewers and a 7.3/17 among adults 18-49 from 9-10 p.m. Comparably, that’s erosion of a massive 7.08 million viewers and 33 percent in the demo. In other words, absence may not have made the heart grow fonder for fans of Heroes.

Opposite all original competition, Fox’s combination of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Viewers: #4, 5.81 million; A18-49: #4, 2.2/ 6) and Prison Break (Viewers: #4, 5.93 million; A18-49: #4, 2.5/ 6) could not compete. One year earlier, Prison Break at 8 p.m. was considerably stronger at 7.41 million viewers and a 3.1/ 8 in the demo.

The CW capped off the evening with the perfectly compatible combination of Gossip Girl (Viewers: #5, 3.35 million; A18-49: #5, 1.6/ 4) and One Tree Hill (Viewers: 3.10 million; A18-49: 1.5/ 3). Opposite all original competition, the network dipped by just 12 percent in the demo from one week earlier.

Source: Nielsen Media Research data
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2008, 02:50 AM   #216
nx1701g
Admiral

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Terminators not being able to swim seems like a huge design flaw for them not to have addressed, since it gives their human opponents an advantage. There are things they could have done before now (lightweight steel? flotation device?)
To be fair this has been a part of the Terminator Expanded Universe for years. In the Infiltrator Novel Series this also happens as a T-800 is working to kill the Connors.
Old September 25 2008, 03:22 AM   #217
DarKush
Rear Admiral

I thought the episode was pretty good. I didn't care for the opener, but this episode and last weeks have got this show back up on solid footing with me.

However, I'm already tiring of Cromartie. I wish they would focus perhaps more on human villians-a government/corporate group trying to build Skynet, while also running into different Terminators occassionally.

Cromartie isn't all that compelling to me because he is an emotionless robot. The actor playing him is all right, but I see little real tension or drama as he lumbers forward after John or whoever.

Weaver is a little bit better. Her T-1000 is manipulative and mimics human characteristics far better than Cromartie. I do wish though that they had saved her reveal to mid-season or a season finale.

I'm really liking BAG. I liked Cameron a little better in Season 1, when she appeared more human acting, but Glau is still doing a pretty good job. I like Lena Headly. She might not be as ripped as Linda Hamilton, but she does have an edge to her and is tough in a mindset/determined kind of way, if not musclebound. John is the weakest link of the four. I just can't see this guy really becoming a leader of Earth's resistance. It would be nice to see him reading, studying, practicing and stuff a bit more than we've seen. He's way too soft.

I also like the supporting cast. Ellison and Charlie are fine.

Overall, I think TSCC has really brought new life into the Terminator franchise. I never thought this idea would work, but so far they are doing a credible job. Now, how long that lasts, who can say? But at least we're getting a pretty decent Terminator show that is better than T3.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2008, 05:41 AM   #218
Samurai8472
Vice Admiral

wow
Samurai8472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25 2008, 09:19 PM   #219
Forbin
Admiral

Yeah. Keep that handy for next time somebody wants Linda to replace Lena.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2008, 01:02 AM   #220
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

The whole way through the mouse trap, I was thinking that Michelle looked almost exactly like a young Linda Hamilton, not that i have any regrets about Lena so far... Though I'm still waiting for the episode where she has to pretend that she has an english accent for some inconceivable reason.

Man hides on water. HK bombs from the air.

It's not an issue if the entire resources of Skynet are trying to exterminate humanity to the last that they don't pick the perfect tool for each individual movement of the operation.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2008, 01:13 AM   #221
nx1701g
Admiral

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post

wow
Surprisingly the old age makeup wasn't that far off.
Old September 26 2008, 05:43 AM   #222
nx1701g
Admiral

Wow what is up with Dodge and its popularity in TV shows now? The Connors drive a new Dodge Ram, Clark Kent drives a Dodge Ram now (albeit a 2008 while the Connors drive an 09).
Old September 26 2008, 05:46 PM   #223
nx1701g
Admiral

Guy Gardener wrote: View Post
The whole way through the mouse trap, I was thinking that Michelle looked almost exactly like a young Linda Hamilton, not that i have any regrets about Lena so far... Though I'm still waiting for the episode where she has to pretend that she has an english accent for some inconceivable reason.
I believe it took Bionic Woman six episodes.

Man hides on water. HK bombs from the air.
Skynet has aquatic Hunter Killers as well as converted to automated control US Navy Submarines.

It's not an issue if the entire resources of Skynet are trying to exterminate humanity to the last that they don't pick the perfect tool for each individual movement of the operation.
Wait until you meet Ogre next week