Horse 1, Shatner 0
By: T'Bonz on Jul 28

Drexler TV Alert
By: T'Bonz on Jul 26

Retro Review: His Way
By: Michelle on Jul 26

MicroWarriors Releases Next Week
By: T'Bonz on Jul 25

Welcome! The Trek BBS is the number one place to chat about Star Trek with like-minded fans. Please login to see our full range of forums as well as the ability to send and receive private messages, track your favourite topics and of course join in the discussions.

If you are a new visitor, join us for free. If you are an existing member please login below. Note: for members who joined under our old messageboard system, please login with your display name not your login name.

Go Back   The Trek BBS > Entertainment & Interests > TV & Media

TV & Media Non-Trek television, movies, books, music, etc.

Old September 25 2008, 11:17 PM   #16
Twilight
Vice Admiral

Re: Bungie cryptically announces its next HALO project!

ManOnTheWave wrote: View Post

And is Halo Wars even out yet?
Helluva good question - where is

Halo Wars is ostensibly - and finally - being released on Jan 30th.

It's apparently Ensemble's last project - not sure what that is all about. I'm still a bit skeptical as I absolutely hate RTS games on a console - I really miss a mouse and keyboard when I'm playing an RTS.
Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2008, 01:07 AM   #17
David cgc
Vice Admiral

PKerr wrote: View Post
Halo 3.5

I'm in.
Actually, from the plot preview of the trailer, it looks more like Halo 2.5. Which is fine by me. There are a lot of holes about what happened on Earth while the Chief was assing around on Delta Halo and the Forerunner ship (I still want to know how Keys, Johnson, and the Arbiter got back to Earth in the first place). Why, the mere fact that New Mombassa was merely devastated and not completely wiped off the map (as it was by Halo 3) when Regret's ship jumped out on top of it is pretty intriguing. My guess would be the player character is the lucky person in the last drop pod, who wasn't blown to pieces by the backwash from the jump.
Old September 26 2008, 02:05 AM   #18
TheBrew
Vice Admiral

I don't get any of that. What does Halo 3 have to do with anything?
For one of us could drink it all alone. Damn near.
TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2008, 02:19 AM   #19
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

is Nylund Writing a nother Novel for the Halo series? i'm still waiting for the halo 2 book
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2008, 02:33 AM   #20
Turd Ferguson
Commodore

I don't mind FPSs. I just never got the appeal of Halo. It seems everybody who bought an XBox bought one for the Halo games, and I never got why you'd buy a system just for Halo, when the multiplayer seemed to be the only reason to play it. And I thought GoldenEye did it much better.

(I did try single player Halo 2 and hated it, but I think the games were just overhyped. Over hyping REALLY turns me off on products)
Old September 26 2008, 02:34 AM   #21
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Twilight wrote: View Post

It's apparently Ensemble's last project - not sure what that is all about.
Another reflection of the slowly dying PC gaming market, I think. Microsoft may have bottomless pockets, but Microsoft Game Studios still has budget numbers to meet, and it's hard to justify keeping a large development team -- with some very prestigious members, who therefore earn higher salaries -- on staff when it can generate only so much revenue.
Timby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2008, 03:38 AM   #22
Skywalker
Admiral

zenophite wrote: View Post
Turd Ferguson wrote: View Post
*Yawn*

I'll never understand the appeal of these games.
Being able to shoot impossibly massive amounts of ordnance at alien creatures? What more could you want out of life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!
Skywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2008, 03:39 AM   #23
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Skywalker wrote: View Post
*Yawn*

Being able to shoot impossibly massive amounts of ordnance at alien creatures? What more could you want out of life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!
Grunt women? EWWWWWWWWW
Green chile cheeseburgers, Red and Green chile burritos, Green and Red chile pizza with beef and chicken, Green chile chicken kung pao, Green chile wine, Green and Red chile popsicles...You can get Red and Green on everything here.
Old September 26 2008, 03:51 AM   #24
Skywalker
Admiral

Sephiroth wrote: View Post
Grunt women? EWWWWWWWWW
Go watch Conan the Barbarian, smartass.
Skywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2008, 03:55 AM   #25
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

Grunt women? EWWWWWWWWW
Go watch Conan the Barbarian, smartass.
TOO LATE!!! BRAIN SOAP! BRAIN SOAP!!!
Old September 26 2008, 04:00 AM   #26
Arrqh
Vice Admiral

View Arrqh's Twitter Profile

JKTim wrote: View Post

Another reflection of the slowly dying PC gaming market, I think. Microsoft may have bottomless pockets, but Microsoft Game Studios still has budget numbers to meet, and it's hard to justify keeping a large development team -- with some very prestigious members, who therefore earn higher salaries -- on staff when it can generate only so much revenue.
Considering they were working on an MMO... and a Halo one at that... I'm not sure that this is necessarily a reflection on the PC market. Any studio that is expensive to run that's part of a larger organization could really run into this, regardless of their target market.
Old September 26 2008, 04:06 AM   #27
Sephiroth
Vice Admiral

a Halo MMO? that would never work, there would only be 4 classes(spartan, hunter, elite and Jackal sniper), and only one would be on the humans side, and the weapon classes would be pretty limited i think
Old September 26 2008, 04:16 AM   #28
clint g
Admiral

a Halo MMO? that would never work, there would only be 4 classes(spartan, hunter, elite and Jackal sniper), and only one would be on the humans side, and the weapon classes would be pretty limited i think
probably why it got axed lol. Anyways the little trailer they had for this new Halo game looks pretty interesting. I guess its supposed to be some sort of Halo 3 expansion pack or something. Can't really think of any other reason why they would brand it with the Halo 3 name.
Old September 26 2008, 05:06 AM   #29
Rii
Rear Admiral

*Yawn*

I hear they're not too keen on you either.
Rii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26 2008, 05:11 AM   #30
Kaijufan
Rear Admiral

JKTim wrote: View Post

Age of Empires 3 has sold more then 2 million copies, that's great numbers. As far as I know that number doesn't include the expansion packs.

Honestly I don't know what's going on with MGS, they seem to be getting smaller and smaller budgets each year, or have decided to invest in timed third party exclusives instead of first/second party exclusives.

Kaijufan is offline   Reply With Quote